+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: With iOS 7, Siri Doesn't Appear to be in Beta Anymore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default With iOS 7, Siri Doesn't Appear to be in Beta Anymore

Apple originally introduced Siri with the launch of the iPhone 4S and iOS 5 in November of 2011. Siri has been in beta since that launch, but as 9to5Mac notes, that appears to have officially changed with iOS 7, as Apple appears to have edited their Web site to remove the "beta" indicator from Siri.

iOS 7 doesnít only give Siri a sleek new interface with crisp new sounds and better features, but Siriís voice is so much more fluent. Getting voice-based software to not only comprehend you very accurately, but also to speak like just like you do, is a very difficult and impressive task to achieve.

Siri has gained some really useful new features, like the ability to search the Web for you automatically with picture results and Web results. In addition, iOS in the car is expected to be very popular, as more car manufacturers are expected to add support in coming years.

Siri is available on the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPod touch 5G, iPad with retina display, and iPad Mini. While Apple doesn't seem to have an interest in adding the feature to older iOS devices, it does look like every future iOS device will support the feature.

For those interested in grabbing iOS 7, it will be available to download on September 18th (this coming Wednesday).

Sources: 9to5Mac

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

James Inderson (09-16-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Interesting! I forgot Siri was in beta. I think we can all agree it has matured so much since its original release two years ago.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    Interesting! I forgot Siri was in beta. I think we can all agree it has matured so much since its original release two years ago.
    I agree, it has come a very long way. It's really fun to use now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

+1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a waste of time nothing but a novelty...

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    It's a waste of time nothing but a novelty...
    Depends on the user! I use Siri often therefore i don't see as a novelty and very useful. Set reminders and appointments, friends ask where a business is? just ask Siri and pull up the info and share the location/directions with my friends or family.

Same goes with apps. Some apps are blah and boring and others are awesome and offer alot of benefits depending on how many or how much of the API's that Apple has and what the developers integrate into there apps.

Thanks

Looking forward to putting her to work for me... Never tried her out yet... Soon I shall see what she can do... That was a long time to be in beta...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

If a person needs to talk to a cellphone to carry out daily tasks something is wrong. It's just a sign of laziness. Shortcuts. Especially with kids. Taught to rely on a machine. It's sad. My grandpa would have throwed it outta the dam window.

Thanks

It's just a sign of laziness. Shortcuts.
    How come?

With time, things just become less cumbersome to use. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way technology advances.

The early stages of things are just rocky and require lots of steps to use. Over time, people just figure out how to do the same thing in fewer steps. And it's not always about laziness, but sometimes about being able to do more in a short period of time because of the shorter amount of time required to carry out a task.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-15-2013 at 01:22 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (09-15-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

If a person needs to talk to a cellphone to carry out daily tasks something is wrong. It's just a sign of laziness. Shortcuts. Especially with kids. Taught to rely on a machine. It's sad. My grandpa would have throwed it outta the dam window.
    So if i call to talk to my sister that's being lazy rather than typing/texting her then?

Same can be said to for even having a cellphone. Why do you have a cellphone? To damn lazy to wait till you get home to make a phone call to a family member or friend?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

GenesisDH (09-15-2013), lilpetabread (09-15-2013)

Thanks

It's still way behind Google Now's voice app for usefulness, speed, and accuracy, and I doubt ios 7 will change that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    It's still way behind Google Now's voice app for usefulness, speed, and accuracy, and I doubt ios 7 will change that.
    You would be surprised... It was very slow when it came out, I hated using it on my 4s, but iOS 7 Siri is very fast and accurate, even on 3G Siri is fast on my
    4s

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    You would be surprised... It was very slow when it came out, I hated using it on my 4s, but iOS 7 Siri is very fast and accurate, even on 3G Siri is fast on my
    4s
    Well ok I hope I am surprised. It will be a while though as I won't try iOS 7 until there's a jailbreak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Well ok I hope I am surprised.
    Oh yeah... doesn't even sound like Siri anymore.

So much more sleek in iOS 7.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And what's more, there are so many other reasons to use Siri yet unmentioned. One of the most important uses for me is the ability to set a reminder while driving home. My commute is about 90 minutes, plenty of time to forget something. And this keeps my fingers free and eyes on the road. Sounds more strategic than lazy to me.

Thanks

I don't agree. Siri still hates me and doesn't play nice with me. Even using the Grandmaster iOS7 on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 hasn't changed the way it interacts to me. I have hated Siri ever since I got an iPhone that had it. I only use it to open the occasional and set my reminders and alarms because texting with it is a joke. I've never met anyone that used it for texting because it's so far off if it's not in a semi quiet room.

I hope you like Siri, or rather, it likes you because I've had nothing but a horrible experience since day one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Siri voice recognition has always understood me fluently and absolutely clearly this current message I am speaking with Siri and I am pretty sure it's going to come out just as I spoke it anyways iOS 7 should be even better.

Not a single flaw

Thanks

Hmmm... That's something new to me. I didn't even know Siri was in beta all these times since they first release it a couple years back. But, anyways, I hardly use Siri and I'm pretty sure it's very helpful to some peeps who use Siri regularly.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What exactly does this mean for consumers?

Thanks
    Bet your grandpa felt same way about cell phones when they came out. (input using Siri)