+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: With iOS 7, Siri Doesn't Appear to be in Beta Anymore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Nuff Said What exactly does this mean for consumers? Just that the end product is improving.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    What exactly does this mean for consumers?
    Just that the end product is improving.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Well ok I hope I am surprised. It will be a while though as I won't try iOS 7 until there's a jailbreak.
    You're right though, Google voice is still ahead of Siri in many things. If I ask Google now what time Home Depot opens tomorrow, it will tell me. Siri will do a web search. One problem with Google voice is, there doesn't seem to be a universal way to activate it across all versions of android, it's really buried on some phones.
    I use Siri most when I'm driving in a new place, or in a city. For directions to a Starbucks or restaurant, or to people's houses, or to play music, or call and text. It works very well for that, and it is very easy for anyone to use.
    At the hospital where I work there were two elderly ladies. One had a fairly new Android, one had an iPhone 4S. They were wondering how to set reminders... I had the lady with the iPhone push the button (the only one) and talk. When we finally found google voice on the droid, it asked us which app we were trying to reference. So I still recommend iPhone to most people.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,554 Times in 4,330 Posts

Siri has always understood me absolutely perfectly. I just dictated this entire message here into Siri and didn't even have to change a single word. I even spoke all the punctuation and THIS CAPITALIZATION. She understands every single word I say.

In terms of productivity I run a very small business and, sadly for the person I had to let go, Siri actually replaced a part-time worker I had for admin details. She's simply that powerful and has been for me ever since early iOS 5.

I simply could not run my business without her. She's way way way more than a novelty.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

I'm Australian and Siri here is fairly unsupported (most questions are responded to with "shall is use Google to search for that" Thanks Siri, very intuitive), so I turned off Siri and noticed I now have more processing power (a lot) and a better battery life.
    Good voice recognition if you speak with an accent it understands but a hilarious 'lost in translation' joke when my Filipino flatmate tries to use it. Good for party tricks, useful tool...naahh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Interesting. Thanks for info.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Now Apple can work on getting iOS Maps out of beta.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    If a person needs to talk to a cellphone to carry out daily tasks something is wrong. It's just a sign of laziness. Shortcuts. Especially with kids. Taught to rely on a machine. It's sad. My grandpa would have throwed it outta the dam window.
    I'm a bussy person, I'll take all the help I can get. The thing that lets this feature shine and pushes it out of the lazy factor is it's accessibility to people who have hand tremors or who have little to no function with hands or even no hands. Then comes the people who have little to no vision. It's easy to take it for granted but this feature is life changing for some folks. In my line of work I see this often, I can assure you these people are not being lazy, they just want the product to work for them the way it does for you. I can see and use my hands and I use the feature, If you knew me then you would know that I am anything but lazy.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12