+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked 16 GB iPhone 5C First to Sell Out, Shipping Date Pushed to Sept. 24

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Unlocked 16 GB iPhone 5C First to Sell Out, Shipping Date Pushed to Sept. 24

Follow pre-orders for Apple’s iPhone 5C going live earlier today, shipping times for the yellow, unlocked model of the device have slipped from the expected delivery date of September 20 to “available to ship by 9/25.” This is for the 16 GB model of the device, as all of the other colors and models are currently still listed as arriving by the previously announced September 20 release date. The device is also currently listed as shipping in 1-2 weeks on Apples Hong Kong website and in Canada all models and colors are shipping between September 20 and September 24.

The Cupertino California is currently accepting ore-orders for the new iPhone 5C in the US, UK, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany and Singapore. As of right now, Apple is still listing a delivery date of September 20 in all other launch countries for the iPhone 5C. Other than Apple there are also a number of its carriers and retail partners who are also accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 5C starting today but Apple isn’t making pre-orders available for the iPhone 5S before its release.

Source: Apple via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

People are stupid.....the price for the 5C literally makes no sense.

Banned
    Thanks

All this does is prove there are lots of stupid people out there with more money than sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smith01 For This Useful Post:

pkmaximum (09-14-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Surely the hardware inside the 5c is pretty much identical to the current 5? And the price is what? £460? Frankly it's a fairly good spec of a phone, the polycarbonate body won't scratch like the anodised 5, better that the build quality of other plastic phones. Yes it's a little expensive but all apple gear is expensive! I don't think it makes people stupid buying it. But yellow? Oh come on, awful colour.

On another note do you reckon the 5S will scratch like the 5?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I think it will as it is still anodized aluminium.

Thanks

The price point if the iPhone has never been a deterrent. A good percentage of low income families have them. iPhones are desirable, plain and simple. People don't need them, they want them. And that doesn't make them stupid. I'd have bought my iPhone 5 64gb even if I'd have had to pay the full $850!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you serious? Out of all of them, the YELLOW model sells out first?

I hope thats just because they made less of the yellow and not because tons of people will have that ugly-*** yellow phone. Any of the other colors is like 100x better.

Thanks

Well, my dad is all about yellow, it's his favorite color... And the really bright colors like yellow and orange are really in now. (If they had an orange one, I'd probably buy it

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Surely the hardware inside the 5c is pretty much identical to the current 5? And the price is what? £460? Frankly it's a fairly good spec of a phone, the polycarbonate body won't scratch like the anodised 5, better that the build quality of other plastic phones. Yes it's a little expensive but all apple gear is expensive! I don't think it makes people stupid buying it. But yellow? Oh come on, awful colour.

On another note do you reckon the 5S will scratch like the 5?
    There are some videos online doing that test already with the back case, apparently diffrerent from iPhone 5 the anodised frame on iPhone 5S is not chrome inside with a color coverture, it is all mass the same color so if something scratch it it will stay the same color. Google it.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    There are some videos online doing that test already with the back case, apparently diffrerent from iPhone 5 the anodised frame on iPhone 5S is not chrome inside with a color coverture, it is all mass the same color so if something scratch it it will stay the same color. Google it.
    That sounds better coz my black slate i5 right now is full of white spots on the side and edges and faded on the bottom.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can't believe that idiot in the video was purposely scratching his own devices. Insane

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onski View Post
    That sounds better coz my black slate i5 right now is full of white spots on the side and edges and faded on the bottom.
    I'm surprised by the amount of people that don't just install the Zagg invisible shields. I have been doing that for every iPhone I have owned since the 3G. Apple store employees or best buy employees will install them for you even!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    People are stupid.....the price for the 5C literally makes no sense.
    well, the world is full of idiots. can't expect everyone to think rationally or we would live in a utopia

Thanks
    Thanked 8,420 Times in 4,281 Posts

ZAGG InvisiShield HD is the best. A must-have for an iPhone.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,283 Times in 5,959 Posts

The yellow is definitely the best color!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    I'm surprised by the amount of people that don't just install the Zagg invisible shields. I have been doing that for every iPhone I have owned since the 3G. Apple store employees or best buy employees will install them for you even!
    With the iPhone 5 even with a Zagg invisible shield it shows with the time little scratches in the frame, I put it on it the same day brand new and when I took it out, I found some chrome scraches in the frame.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 8,420 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    With the iPhone 5 even with a Zagg invisible shield it shows with the time little scratches in the frame, I put it on it the same day brand new and when I took it out, I found some chrome scraches in the frame.
    Yes - the frame is a bit more susceptible to scratching even with the Zagg shield. But every time I take my last phone back to BestBuy for a 'trade in' - I get MAXIMUM value. So it looks perfect to them.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Very true, I sold my iPhone 5 Friday on eBay for $435 with one very little chrome scratch in the uper right corner frame, just one, thanks to the cover.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

20. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

pkmaximum (09-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yellow is my favorite color. I'd like to buy it.

Thanks

Everyone knows that yellow is the fastest color.