+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Online Orders for Apple's iPhone 5S To Begin 12:01 AM Pacific, 3:01 AM Eastern Sept. 20

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Online Orders for Apple's iPhone 5S To Begin 12:01 AM Pacific, 3:01 AM Eastern Sept. 20

Although it isn’t available for pre-order, the iPhone 5S will hit Apple’s online store at 12:01 AM Pacific, 3:01 AM Eastern next Friday, September 20. Apple retail stores will begin selling the device when they open at 8:00 AM local time. The Cupertino California company announced more details on the availability of the iPhone 5S in an email sent out to customers this morning. Customers who are hoping to get the iPhone 5S on launch day will need to line up at an Apple Store or one of the company’s carrier partners.

This is all different from the iPhone 5C as Apple and its carriers previously started taking pre-orders for the multi-colored handset. Those who ordered the iPhone 5C can have it delivered to their home on launch day next Friday.

The lack of pre-order availability for the iPhone 5S has led to speculation that inventory could be severely constrained for the upcoming launch weekend. In previous years, users were able to pre-order Apple’s latest flagship iPhone ahead of time and available inventory sold out in a matter of minutes. Even well connected analysts such as Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities revealed that the iPhone 5C would out-ship the iPhone 5S in the current quarter. According to him, the iPhone 5S has faced apparent production issues associated with the new Touch ID fingerprint scanner located under the home button.

As of right now, Apple is reportedly on track to ship 8.4 million iPhone 5C units in the September quarter but just 5.2 million iPhone 5S units. As production ramps up, Kuo expects Apple to grow iPhone 5S shipments to 28 million units in the holiday 2013 quarter, while the iPhone 5C will reach 18.7 million units during that three-month frame.

Will you be getting an iPhone 5S? If so, how will you go about getting your hands on one?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak? Soldierboykillm's Avatar
    Thanks

I will definitely be getting the 5S, as I'm currently rockin the 4S. I actually like the "S" models, i seems like Apple works out the kinks with "S" releases. Only bad part is, I'm not eligible for a full upgrade until OCT. 30th. And after that, who knows how long ill have to wait to get my hands on the 5S.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Soldierboykillm For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (09-13-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

no in store pickup?

guess ill be up at 3 to try, and if not, ill head to my local apple store.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the 5, def not worth the lines n hassle to upgrade to 5s. If there was Pre-order maybe. But $200 for a little quicker of a phone, finger scan n better camera is allot of $$

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ive been always excited, anxious , and impatient to order whenever new iPhone comes out. I currently have iPhone 5. Its the first time ever that I don't feel the urge of upgrading to either any of the new iPhones. Its kinda relieving actually. Im having a peace of mind, lols.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

5S gonna try to get one on launch day or order one on launch day

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to order online. Still using 4s time for a upgrade!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

I also have the 4S. I'm due for an upgrade, so I'll definitely be getting the 5S!! Can't wait for Infinity blade 3 as well!! Welcome to no lag baby!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon.amos For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (09-13-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sean637 View Post
    Ive been always excited, anxious , and impatient to order whenever new iPhone comes out. I currently have iPhone 5. Its the first time ever that I don't feel the urge of upgrading to either any of the new iPhones. Its kinda relieving actually. Im having a peace of mind, lols.
    Same here exactly! I've had every iPhone but I'm just not feeling pumped for this. I think I'll wait for the 6.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm still using the iPhone 4! It's way past due. I'll be hitting up Walmart for the $189 and cheaper tax. Only scary part is waiting outside the nearest Walmart...not the nicest of places. But seriously, after using the 4 for almost 4 years now this thing will seem like a dream.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I'm still using the iPhone 4! It's way past due. I'll be hitting up Walmart for the $189 and cheaper tax. Only scary part is waiting outside the nearest Walmart...not the nicest of places. But seriously, after using the 4 for almost 4 years now this thing will seem like a dream.
    Same here using iPhone 4 definitely time to update but ill wait a little longer since there will be no jailbreak for 5s

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I’d like to have it before I go on vacation on the 24th, but unless I can get one in store that probably won’t happen. I may get up at 3 to try to buy online. Whether or not I’m successful I’ll probably head out in the morning and hit up my local Verizon, Target, Wal-Mart or whatever to see if they have one. If so I’ll release my order back to the wild for some lucky person to get sooner. If not, I’ll know it’s on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    I thought Wal-Marts were all 24/7? If they are, do they start selling at midnight or have to wait until 8am? Do you still have to stand outside?

Thanks

I have two lines that is using the 4s that I can upgrade I also have my iphone5 sold. Sweet

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Something they left out about the vzw edition of the 5s. Can it do Internet and phone at the same time?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have the 4s and to be honest it's still a beast in terms of speed. I haven't come across a game it couldn't handle. Even Real Racing 3 is pretty smooth not 60fps smooth but smooth enough. It handles Infinity Blade 2 like a charm so my next upgrade will be when Apple decides to finally go 5" 1080p and hopefully SAMOLED. Also! what happened to 5s's 13 megapixel? why stay with 8 and what happened to the 128gb version?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I have the 4s and to be honest it's still a beast in terms of speed. I haven't come across a game it couldn't handle. Even Real Racing 3 is pretty smooth not 60fps smooth but smooth enough. It handles Infinity Blade 2 like a charm so my next upgrade will be when Apple decides to finally go 5" 1080p and hopefully SAMOLED. Also! what happened to 5s's 13 megapixel? why stay with 8 and what happened to the 128gb version?
    Same here for the 4s. I have one myself. Also the 5inch might happen with the iPhone 6.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sean637 View Post
    Touché

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Sprint store near me let me pre-order two iphone 5s today. The guy had me put down two 50$ deposits!

ps. they are definitely both a Iphone 5s, I got 2 Gold ones and they will be waiting for me Sept 20th!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

Wonder what the shipping times will be like for the 5S once online orders go live.

Green Apple
    Thanks

For first time ever, I was told today yesterday some strings might get pulled at our local carrier Telstra that could see one drop out of the sky for me on launch at the latest. Still a tad skeptical, but lets see what happens. Worst case I'll be dropping into an Apple store next Fri and shoving my way through to buy a 64gig, as I'm sure a great many will baulk at the quite outrageous $1000+ outright cost here, so I doubt supply of that version will be depleted before lunchtime Fri somehow..