Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5C Pre-Orders Begin - Did You Pre-Order?

the actual difference between 5c and 5 is in 5c they finally added lte support for European frequencies, which although is quite useful to me isn't worth dropping the previous flagship.i'll probably wait for the next release.
    Last edited by igorsax; 09-13-2013 at 01:04 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default To 5S or not to 5S...that is the question
    Although I appreciate the added security, 64bit processor, camera upgrade and battery life, I won't be purchasing the iphone 5S or iphone 5C. I currently own the iphone 5. I have always had jailbroken iphones going back to the 3GS and 4. Last year when I purchased the iphone 5 on pre-release order, it was a significant increase in processing capability over the iphone 4. Unfortunately, the jailbreak took until February 4, 2013 before I gained back all the jailbreak functionality I had on the iphone 4. Now it may not take that long on IOS 7, but who knows?

And Saurik has said he will not support his Winterboard for themes on jailbroken iphones running IOS 7 unless the developers who create the themes come forward to support it.

I don't even like the theme of IOS 7, flat like pancakes, no depth, etc.
    But I would like the added features and security.
    So, NO, I will not be upgrading to a 5C or 5S.
    And I won't even load IOS 7 unless it is jailbreakable and themeable through Winterboard!

AND here's a thought...when the new battery for the Iphone 5S comes out,
    I plan on purchasing it to give my iphone 5 battery life equal to or greater than the 5S!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thevmax For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-13-2013), Feanor64 (09-13-2013)

the 5C looks cheap and nasty and is not worth the price they want for it, it looks worse when you see iOS 7 running on it.

it reminds me of duplo bricks
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    How is it the same price? The iPhone 5S replaced the price of the 5.
    What would the price of the iPhone 5 be if there wasnt no iPhone 5c?

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Hmm I'd always heard you could use a GB an hour, but a quick google search has various answers anywhere from 15mb to 600mb per hour, depending on bit rate. I may have to do some tests with the various radio services and iTunes Match/Radio. I don't stream over cellular data and constantly hit 3-4GB a month. I have a job where I sit around a lot, so that's what the video is for. You could be right about the battery thing. My observations are purely anecdotal, but when I got the One, I forwarded all calls to it and used it exclusively and I could generally get a couple days use out of it, using it exactly as I did my iPhone. The Razr Maxx battery life is just awesome. One of the main reasons I want a larger iPhone is for the bigger battery they could put in it.

EDIT: just as an example, Verizon's data calculator puts 1 hour of steaming music at 1+GB. Not they couldn't be grossly overestimating it to trick you into a larger data plan.
    Yes, I can see how streaming all day could do that. I never stream all day. Just at my workouts.. A little in the car.. My family plan 6GB shared ran over last month from my son using this new 'streaming radio' thing... My lifestyle with the iPhone uses everything in moderation. I don't use my iPhone for STORAGE of music.. because I don't need local use of my songs for 'all day' listening. Those that do - I can understand why the 64GB - I guess. I just like the idea of ALL 'source material' being in the cloud - on ANY iDevice or Apple computer I use.. That's why I could never move fully to Android too as there's not 'equivalent' to the whole 'unified iCloud' aspect.. You have to use many combinations of cloud services to make it all work. In the iUniverse it's only one. This is why business people prefer Apple too for their SmartPhones.

ill be getting the 5S.. but im gonna wait for a month or two before buying it.. lets hear what ppl who bought it first have to say...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to d_animality For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (09-13-2013)

Retired Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Buying the 5s however if I was going to buy one I would buy the blue one!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    I'll wait to see what they come up with next year
    I second that good things are always cooking at Apple and my i phone 5 with IOS 7 will work just fine !

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    AND here's a thought...when the new battery for the Iphone 5S comes out,
    I plan on purchasing it to give my iphone 5 battery life equal to or greater than the 5S!
    ...You do realize that the iPhone's battery isn't replaceable right...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,028 Times in 2,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mahboi View Post
    ...You do realize that the iPhone's battery isn't replaceable right...
    Not true... I've replaced several

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usernamesarehard7 View Post
    Nope. Getting a 5s! (My first iPhone ever)
    Congrats!!! Welcome to the apple cult..err club!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    That's crazy! I don't know how you do it!!!

I have about 40GB alone in music and that's not even half of it. I've been 'struggling' w/ this 16GB 4S and I'm constantly having to move music in & out plus minimize what apps I have. I gave my wife my 64GB ip5 and I can't wait to get that storage space again.
    I hear ya bud. My iTunes Match library is 19000+, and I only have 3500 or so of my favorites on my phone. I'm in the mountains a lot, so I can't rely on service. Can't wait for 128gb! Hopefully next year.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 09-13-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Such FAndroid nonsense. No Android out there comes close to performance, app power or battery life. I've had many of both phones side by side. Until you do side by side testing yourself you haven't earned the right to make such comments. Your statement proves you have NOT done that testing.
    Oh really? And when did I call myself a fan of Android? I own an iPhone 5 and have owned the 4, 4S, and 3G before it. So I think that puts me out of the ballpark of a "fandroid" don't you? But as much of an Apple can as I am, I have yet to be truly impressed with their phones...but yet the reason I keep getting them is because they are basically the lesser of two evils for me. That testing with an Android phone that you said I never did.....guess what....yes I did. Before I purchased the iPhone 5 I actually traded my iPhone 4S in for a Galaxy S4 to see how it would perform. And I can honestly tell you that the battery life on it was noticeably better than the iPhone 5 and the web browsing was way faster. Using the phones in the same areas it felt like the iPhone 5 struggled to maintain its LTE connectivity while the S4 did not. But the biggest things that steered me away and ultimately made me get rid of the S4 were the facts that only about half of the advertised storage in the 16gb was available for use and that over half of the available RAM was constantly in use no matter how much of the memory you cleaned up. The last reason I didn't like it were the cheap construction of the outer frame. I had it in an Otterbox case for about a week and already it was getting chipped up very noticeably. And there were visible defects where the aluminum didnt line up flush with the plastic shell.

So all in all I just decided to go with the iPhone 5 which I basically got for free under the trade-in offer which equalled my upgrade price. So I'll be sticking with the 5 until I see something that I am impressed with. Maybe the 5S will be it....maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Oh really? And when did I call myself a fan of Android? I own an iPhone 5 and have owned the 4, 4S, and 3G before it. So I think that puts me out of the ballpark of a "fandroid" don't you? But as much of an Apple can as I am, I have yet to be truly impressed with their phones...but yet the reason I keep getting them is because they are basically the lesser of two evils for me. That testing with an Android phone that you said I never did.....guess what....yes I did. Before I purchased the iPhone 5 I actually traded my iPhone 4S in for a Galaxy S4 to see how it would perform. And I can honestly tell you that the battery life on it was noticeably better than the iPhone 5 and the web browsing was way faster. Using the phones in the same areas it felt like the iPhone 5 struggled to maintain its LTE connectivity while the S4 did not. But the biggest things that steered me away and ultimately made me get rid of the S4 were the facts that only about half of the advertised storage in the 16gb was available for use and that over half of the available RAM was constantly in use no matter how much of the memory you cleaned up. The last reason I didn't like it were the cheap construction of the outer frame. I had it in an Otterbox case for about a week and already it was getting chipped up very noticeably. And there were visible defects where the aluminum didnt line up flush with the plastic shell.

So all in all I just decided to go with the iPhone 5 which I basically got for free under the trade-in offer which equalled my upgrade price. So I'll be sticking with the 5 until I see something that I am impressed with. Maybe the 5S will be it....maybe not.
    Thanks for sharing your experience after doing "real" side by side testing. The S4 is an impressive phone. But it's no iPhone 5. I did not have your experience with LTE struggle or worse battery life ip5-->S4. The S4 ships with several features off ( like Push mail) that the ip5 has on. The number one and two things affecting battery life are Push Mail and Bluetooth. They are both off in an S4 when shipped and on in an ip5.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience after doing "real" side by side testing. The S4 is an impressive phone. But it's no iPhone 5. I did not have your experience with LTE struggle or worse battery life ip5-->S4. The S4 ships with several features off ( like Push mail) that the ip5 has on. The number one and two things affecting battery life are Push Mail and Bluetooth. They are both off in an S4 when shipped and on in an ip5.
    +1
    And this is where sb settings or nc settings and the likes comes in very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I
    Which I disable on all my phones and tablets, why people need the instant "Push" of an Ad or email is beyond me. I check email about every 2 hours and that is enough. I'm a pretty busy person and do not need the constant distraction of incoming messages.
    Yeah, I like the idea of Push mail, but not the battery expense. I literally regain 30% battery power when I turn it off and sent all the mail to manual. And in defense of people using Bluetooth many people have Bluetooth music players. That's a wonderful thing too - but Bluetooth is another huge huge battery drain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Movies,TV and videos son! And iTunes in the cloud is useless on tiered data plans, unless you want to get ripped off for every gig you go over your limit. I have all my music synced to my phone for offline playback.

well to be fair, I've got an HTC One and an iPhone 5, and the One crushes it in battery life. So does the Razr Maxx. That bit about performance IS b.s. though. Plus, you know, Android in general just suuuuuuuuuucks.
    I personally like pure Android (like the ones on the Nexus devices) and would choose that over iOS any day. Carrier and manufacture software can significantly choke the phones full potential which is why I turned to Cyanogenmod for all my Android devices for the last couple years. I have a Galaxy S3 now and the stock OS itself was massive (about 1 GB in size), ate RAM like a fat kid (about 450-500 MB free of the 2 GB) and has some choppy performance with graphic intensive games.

I since installed CM10.2 on it (which if you don't keep up with Android development, it's a custom 4.3 vanilla Android ROM) and it performs ALOT better than it did before. There is always at least 1 GB of RAM free, the system itself is only 190 MB, and I have improved gaming performance since there is nowhere near as much going on in the background and I can turn up the graphics settings.

The reason I turned away from the iPhone was because iOS was no longer exciting and it became really boring. I know with iOS 7 still coming out, I still don't plan on switching any time soon

Not getting updated. I will wait for iPhone 6.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123