+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5C Pre-Orders Begin - Did You Pre-Order?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'll wait to see what they come up with next year💥💥💥
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll wait to see what they come up with next year💥💥💥

Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 709 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Anyone who goes from a 5 to either of these phones has lost my respect
    like anyone really cares about that...thats about the funniest thing i have heard in a while.... iPhone 5S gold for me and my iPhone 5 paid for it

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    It's a good thing I value a random person on the internet's respect less than I do Monopoly money. Going from the 5 to 5s. I've been waiting for a security lock that doesn't require me to put in a code every time I want to use my phone. Not having to input my password for iTunes purchases is icing on the cake. The new camera features are pretty sweet too.

+1
    Last edited by scoop2mylue; 09-13-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    MBP 13" (Late 2011) OS X Mavericks 10.9
    iPhone 5S 32GB (Silver) iOS 7.0.3
    iPad 2 16GB iOS 7.0.3
    Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

Thanks

So I work for AT&T and I'm at work on mandatory overtime due to this launch an we are slower than a normal day it's going to be the 5s that everyone wants hell I'm gonna get me an my wife one as soon as they are out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A11AST3R View Post
    So I work for AT&T and I'm at work on mandatory overtime due to this launch an we are slower than a normal day it's going to be the 5s that everyone wants hell I'm gonna get me an my wife one as soon as they are out.
    Weird that they've got you on overtime for preorders. It'll be busy next Friday I'm sure. Just enjoy that time and a half pay.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to claustin For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (09-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,546 Times in 3,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    No. After the iPhone 5's battery life, graphics performance, and even web browsing performance failed to impress me....I will no longer buy iPhones until they have made some sort of significant progress.
    Such FAndroid nonsense. No Android out there comes close to performance, app power or battery life. I've had many of both phones side by side. Until you do side by side testing yourself you haven't earned the right to make such comments. Your statement proves you have NOT done that testing.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope to the 5c plastic-over-price-fantastic, but def the 5s.
    Last edited by Ozdude; 09-13-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    Nope to the 5c plastic-over-price-fantastic, but def the 5s. For first time ever, I'm told today some strings might get pulled at carrier Telstra that could see one drop out of the sky for me on launch at the latest. Still a tad skeptical, but lets see what happens. Worst case I'll be dropping into an Apple store next Fri and shoving my way through to buy a 64gig, as I'm sure a great many will baulk at the quite outrageous $1000+ outright cost here, so I doubt supply of that version will be depleted before lunchtime Fri somehow..
    Still don't understand why people buy 64GB. I have an over 3000 song library ALL available to me from iTunes Match in the cloud as is the case with all my photos. Even running over 30 tweaks and lots of themes after being jail broken I just never max out my 16GB.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 1,692 Posts

I would have bought the 5S but I only got my 64 GB 5 about six months ago.

What's Jailbreak? Soldierboykillm's Avatar
    Thanks

No. After the iPhone 5's battery life, graphics performance, and even web browsing performance failed to impress me....I will no longer buy iPhones until they have made some sort of significant progress.
    So it sounds like you need to go back to an old school flip phone if u want that battery life that lasts 2 days! iPhone by far outshines in battery performance. As far as web browsing? You probably weren't using the LTE. If i were you, i would wait for the 5S to be released and use it before making a decision. But thats just my opinion, take it as such.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,045 Times in 1,692 Posts

Have a 5S today

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Still don't understand why people buy 64GB. I have an over 3000 song library ALL available to me from iTunes Match in the cloud as is the case with all my photos. Even running over 30 tweaks and lots of themes after being jail broken I just never max out my 16GB.
    Movies,TV and videos son! And iTunes in the cloud is useless on tiered data plans, unless you want to get ripped off for every gig you go over your limit. I have all my music synced to my phone for offline playback.

Such FAndroid nonsense. No Android out there comes close to performance, app power or battery life. I've had many of both phones side by side. Until you do side by side testing yourself you haven't earned the right to make such comments. Your statement proves you have NOT done that testing.
    well to be fair, I've got an HTC One and an iPhone 5, and the One crushes it in battery life. So does the Razr Maxx. That bit about performance IS b.s. though. Plus, you know, Android in general just suuuuuuuuuucks.
    Last edited by claustin; 09-13-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
    Movies,TV and videos son! And iTunes in the cloud is useless on tiered data plans, unless you want to get ripped off for every gig you go over your limit. I have all my music synced to my phone for offline playback.
    Okay.. I would never watch a video on my phone.. Fair enough. But your wrong about data increase for playing music from cloud. I have tiered and play music all day.. Never top 2GB/month.
    well to be fair, I've got an HTC One and an iPhone 5, and the One crushes it in battery life. So does the Razr Maxx. That bit about performance IS b.s. though. Plus, you know, Android in general just suuuuuuuuuucks.
    The battery life came back about even for me with HTC One when setting up both phones with about the same level of processes running. Most people don't do proper "apples to apples" testing. (Pun intended )

Thanks

That's crazy! I don't know how you do it!!!

I have about 40GB alone in music and that's not even half of it. I've been 'struggling' w/ this 16GB 4S and I'm constantly having to move music in & out plus minimize what apps I have. I gave my wife my 64GB ip5 and I can't wait to get that storage space again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay.. I would never watch a video on my phone.. Fair enough. But your wrong about data increase for playing music from cloud. I have tiered and play music all day.. Never top 2GB/month.
    The battery life came back about even for me with HTC One when setting up both phones with about the same level of processes running. Most people don't do proper "apples to apples" testing. (Pun intended )
    Hmm I'd always heard you could use a GB an hour, but a quick google search has various answers anywhere from 15mb to 600mb per hour, depending on bit rate. I may have to do some tests with the various radio services and iTunes Match/Radio. I don't stream over cellular data and constantly hit 3-4GB a month. I have a job where I sit around a lot, so that's what the video is for. You could be right about the battery thing. My observations are purely anecdotal, but when I got the One, I forwarded all calls to it and used it exclusively and I could generally get a couple days use out of it, using it exactly as I did my iPhone. The Razr Maxx battery life is just awesome. One of the main reasons I want a larger iPhone is for the bigger battery they could put in it.

EDIT: just as an example, Verizon's data calculator puts 1 hour of steaming music at 1+GB. Not they couldn't be grossly overestimating it to trick you into a larger data plan.
    Last edited by claustin; 09-13-2013 at 09:20 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsixx View Post
    Do people not realize that the iPhone 5c is nothing but the iPhone 5 in color with a plastic back. You buying an outdated phone at new phone prices just for the color. Way to go Apple.
    Yeah everybody knows that, Tim Cook said it this year your iPhone 5 is gonna be the iPhone 5c same price but in color. The people on this site know everything Apple my friend.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kline1 View Post
    Yeah everybody knows that, Tim Cook said it this year your iPhone 5 is gonna be the iPhone 5c same price but in color. The people on this site know everything Apple my friend.
    How is it the same price? The iPhone 5S replaced the price of the 5.

Thanks

+1

Thanks

Why the hell any iphone user would want one of these is beyond my comprehension. The tag line for the product should be "Ghetto Thinking".
    Last edited by flash66; 09-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to flash66 For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (09-13-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I understand liking another phone (I own both iPhone and an Android), but to say the battery life, graphics, and web browsing from the iP5 arent impressive is kinda funny. The only Android that can last as long as an iPhone with a stock battery is the Droid Maxx, the graphics are fantastic (its a phone), and IMO the web browsing is great. Now customization, removable battery/memory, screen size etc are valid complaints.
    ---

You are only confined by the walls you put up yourself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What an ***