+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Pledges 64-Bit Chips in its Next-Gen Smartphones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Samsung Pledges 64-Bit Chips in its Next-Gen Smartphones

After Apple’s announcement informing the public that the A7 chip in its iPhone 5S will be the first 64-bit smartphone processor on the market, Samsung quickly revealed that its next-gen Galaxy handsets will also be going 64-bit. Samsung co-CEO Shin Jong-kyun spoke with The Korea Times about his company’s future plans revealing that the upcoming Galaxy-branded handsets will be adding 64-bit processing. The company’s current flagship Galaxy S4 and the recently announced Galaxy Note 3 are running 32-bit processors for those of you who weren’t aware.

No specific timeline was given for its 64-bit debut, but the South Korean company typically releases one new Galaxy S and one new Galaxy Note handset per year. That being the case, it’s possible that Samsung may not have a 64-bit smartphone on the market until 2014. Shin mentioned the following regarding the matter:

Not in the shortest time, but yes, our next smartphones will have 64-bit processing functionality.
    When the iPhone 5S was unveiled by Apple, the company touted the “desktop class” processing power of its new custom made A7 processor. The A7 is also twice as fast in raw processing power and graphics performance and is a whopping 40 times faster than the chip found in the original iPhone. To take advantage of the 64-bit capabilities of the A7, Apple’s iOS 7 mobile operating system has also been updated with a 64-bit kernel, libraries and drivers.

Many Samsung critics have contended that the company follows Apple’s lead in technology rather than innovating with its own new features and capabilities. Apple agrees and is embroiled in a number of patent infringement suits against its rival, accusing the company of copying popular products like the iPhone, iPad and iOS platform.

How do you feel about the situation?

Source: The Korea Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,861 Times in 6,162 Posts

2nd again!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-12-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Too little too late. Follow the leader as usual Samsung...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Tomorrow Samsung will announce their finger scanner too 😱

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 671 Posts

Where's the "Android Antichrist"?? Lmao surprised he hasn't chimed in yet? 😉😜😈

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Who care let the rich guy put out money first testing the market if making good money then we follow and if lose money then only they're the one who lose money hahaha.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Samstink is going to copy Apple again have they no creative thought process.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,544 Times in 1,932 Posts

I said it earlier but expect the S5 (ironic) to have the 64bit chip & touch ID.

#ImitatesInsteadOfInnovates
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-13-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

64 bit was coming with or without apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Money see money do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple announces burst mode. Apple announces slow-mo video. Apple announces best face.

Yeah, Samsung is the only one copying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Samsung manufactures the a7 so they probably knew about it from the beggining. The probably had an NDA that didn't allow them to speak of 64 bit arch in future models until the unveiling of 5s.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm surprised it took this long to switch to 64-bit. Samsung, Qualcomm, and Apple have had the 64-bit instruction set from ARM since 2011. Android doesn't support 64-bit yet anyways. Releasing a phone with a 64-but CPU would have done no-one any good. Apple owns the phone and the OS so they were able to recode everything for 64-bit before Google got around to doing it. It'll still take a while for everyone to make good use if it. Not like any phone has used more than 4GB yet either (yet is the keyword).

Thanks
    About 95% of mobile phones use ARM instruction sets, so ARMv8->get 64 bit. So I agree with naz94

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Who care let the rich guy put out money first testing the market if making good money then we follow and if lose money then only they're the one who lose money hahaha.
    This is unintelligible. If you're going to troll at least make it so we can read it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HAHA i hope everyone is ready for some serious fragmentation from samsung. No way this will be optimized to the Apple standards.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to klip2006 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-12-2013)

Thanks

Default copycats.
    Quote Originally Posted by naz94 View Post
    64 bit was coming with or without apple
    Its not about it was coming anyways... it is always about who comes out with it first. btw motorola came up with the touch screen prototype, apple brought it out first on the original iphone. I'm sure there will be a day when there would be 128bit phones. capable of doing a lot more. all these god-damn companies need to focus on giving us all a super-battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Apple announces burst mode. Apple announces slow-mo video. Apple announces best face.

Yeah, Samsung is the only one copying.
    So lets all agree apple copies samsung copies apple. As long as we get great tech i don't really care.
    Last edited by kalpesh78; 09-12-2013 at 11:31 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kalpesh78 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-12-2013), rwpeary (09-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,544 Times in 1,932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    Its not about it was coming anyways... it is always about who comes out with it first. btw motorola came up with the touch screen prototype, apple brought it out first on the original iphone. I'm sure there will be a day when there would be 128bit phones. capable of doing a lot more. all these god-damn companies need to focus on giving us all a super-battery.

So lets all agree apple copies samsung copies apple. As long as we get great tech i don't really care.
    Super battery I agree! Invest more tech into that! Some one who comes up with a device only being charged once a week or month would be a game changer! Like a nuclear powered iDevice without the radiation or health side effects!!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

Didn't see this coming.

This is going to be so horrible and fragged on Android. *Sighs* Come on, Samsung.

Thanks

I'd like to repost... from an earlier thread... Couldn't resist!

*Somewhere in Korea... North maybe!* :P
    Okay... now that Apple will release the 5S on the 20th... lets go get one.

*sends someone to stand in the queue till the 20th... without food supplies... (that how they roll in the North! Not referring to 'A Game of Thrones')* :P
    Once we have the super-awesome Apple tech, we shall tear it apart (but we will insure the 5S because we are cheap and have lost a lot of money to Apple in lawsuits).
    Then we extract the sensor and the 64 bit Processor too... make some fag**ts study it day in and day out... 6 months on and we shall have our brand new "innovation"... Samsuck fingerprint sucker and 64 bit sucking processor! Ready for release!! Woohooo!!

Of course... we shall take precautions... if caught, we have devised a secret cyanide pill compartment in your Samsuck "smart"-phones.. use them well! (That's the only useful thing inside Samsung phones) No one gets caught! Else we'll have a lawsuit on our heads and you will have to bend over again!