Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Pledges 64-Bit Chips in its Next-Gen Smartphones

It's funny that everything Apple does, or even rumored to do, we start selling every competing company start dropping their own. From the design of their phones after the iPhone, the rumored watch, the 64-bit chips and more. Yesterday the Android world said it's pointless and silly, now they're going to do it too and when it gets released they'll say it's the best version!

Samsung's business model;
    - If Apple does we must COPY COPY COPY!
    - If Apple might do it; release a crappy version so we can say we did it first!

No surprise here. Samsung is always improving their smartphones and both companies try to compete with one another. Some of you are so childish about this. Competition is a good thing. Do you expect Samsung to not make a 64 bit chip because Apple did first? LOL. Apple copies from others as well. It just takes them so damn long to do it that people forget who came up with the idea first.

So when Apple releases their iWatch I wonder how many here will say that they copied Samsung?

And I also wonder how many here realizes that a 64-bit CPU at this point is completely useless.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,011 Times in 6,549 Posts

A 64 bit chip may seem useless at this point, but you have to start somewhere. No one is going to produce applications for a 64 bit architecture without having the hardware to use it on. So it makes perfect sense that first you must release the hardware and make it compatible for both 32 & 64 bits. Then you get developers to start developing for 64 bits and before you know it, it's all 64 bit. Sounds like a logical advancement to me.

Some people think that there should be all these apps that need 64 bit before there is hardware to support it. What sense would that make.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Apple announces burst mode. Apple announces slow-mo video. Apple announces best face.

Yeah, Samsung is the only one copying.
    All those things were done by lowly third party devs way before Samsung or Google could integrate them and call them "innovative".

Can't wait it will blow the 5s out of the water again!

Actually Huawei was the first smartphone with 64-bit cpu with the Huawei Ascend D1. announced February 2012 and released July 2012... that is over a year before Apple announced the iPhone 5S... I am not an android fan. I Love apple and have always had iPhone since the first model. Fair is fair. Apple does use the copy machine also... it's just that everyone believes them when they say that they are first :-S

And we all know Apple wasnt the first to use a fingerprint scanner

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SRPrentice View Post
    Android doesn't support 64-bit yet anyways.
    Yes it does.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12