+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Offers Additional Insight Regarding Touch ID Functionality

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by bigstudio So a passcode is required and will be the method to get in if you don't unlock your phone for a while or reboot. Sounds a
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigstudio View Post
    So a passcode is required and will be the method to get in if you don't unlock your phone for a while or reboot. Sounds a lot to me like they don't trust their "revolutionary" security device as much as a plain old passcode.
    If you read the article they're doing it to make consumers feel more comfortable with the idea. No matter what they SAY people will still feel uneasy so they have to compromise to win them over.

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,836
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 781 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Why are ppl making a big deal
    about this I mean I could see why but it's just like the pass code unlock we all currently have on are iPhones Its an option we have to lock are iPhones so its totally up to the person if they want to use the finger print feature or not no one is forcing you to use it if you do decide to get the iPhone 5s its just an option and am sure they'll still keep the 4digit Pass code or the password for those who want to keep using those methods of lock/unlock.
    Phone companies are being pressured by the government to create more secure ways to protect personal data. Apple stepped up and made this! That's why it's such a big deal!!! It's cool and secure at the same time!

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Just one more way to have your iphone hacked if you lose it or its stolen, yet another security flaw waiting to happen for i users.. Also don't think I want apple recording my fingerprints into its database (and don't think they haven't thought of it because they probably are/have)

  4. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,836
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 781 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Just one more way to have your iphone hacked if you lose it or its stolen, yet another security flaw waiting to happen for i users.. Also don't think I want apple recording my fingerprints into its database (and don't think they haven't thought of it because they probably are/have)
    So....
    It's safer if we lose it without a Passcode or Fingerprint recognition?!?!
    Your statement makes no sense and I'm pretty sure the Feds are spying on you right now! Relax...

  5. #25
    Green Apple BUcLAo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I'm pretty sure it will have it in the Settings somewhere either to disable or enable it and I can't wait to get my hand on one as well . I love the new Homescreen button it blend it in with the iPhone 5S so perfectly. Just a matter of times until it goes on sale and will definitely upgrade for one ...

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy17 View Post
    Are you kidding me?? You obviously have no background on material properties. The HARDER a material is, the more BRITTLE that same material is. Brittle = cracks!!

    And second, Lifeproof cases are so popular because they are waterproof......so how exactly do you make a case waterproof without covering up the home button??
    calm down im sure they'll figure something out theyre not just gonna stop making iphone cases

  7. #27
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,469
    Thanks
    3,764
    Thanked 8,554 Times in 4,330 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Phone companies are being pressured by the government to create more secure ways to protect personal data. Apple stepped up and made this! That's why it's such a big deal!!! It's cool and secure at the same time!
    YES! Finally some real innovation from Apple again. Tim Cook made a 'little' comeback in my book with this fingerprint thing. No other phone hardware out there has this yet. He still missed the boat with the 5C's pricing though.. Though the plastic coating and color thing is VERY "Steve Jobs-ian'"..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. #28
    dsg
    dsg is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,769
    Thanks
    3,163
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 717 Posts

    biometrics is not innovation, it's been around a while, though Apple's implementation is probably the best yet
    Last edited by dsg; 09-12-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  9. #29
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,469
    Thanks
    3,764
    Thanked 8,554 Times in 4,330 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    biometrics is not innovation, it's been around a while, though Apple's implementation is probably the best yet
    Read carefully, please, dsg. Biometrics "used on the home button of a mobile phone for the purpose of secure entrance to one's mobile phone" IS innovation by Apple. No mobile phone hardware company has done it yet toward the same ends. Period.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #30
    dsg
    dsg is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,769
    Thanks
    3,163
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 717 Posts

    ok your right, the way Apple has done it is unique, but it's still just a fingerprint sensor used to secure a computer, a.k.a nothing new here

    Edit: Motorola used a fingerprint sensor on one of they're phones, this was mentioned in another thread
    Last edited by dsg; 09-13-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  11. #31
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,469
    Thanks
    3,764
    Thanked 8,554 Times in 4,330 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    ok your right, the way Apple has done it is unique, but it's still just a fingerprint sensor used to secure a computer, a.k.a nothing new here

    Edit: Motorola used a fingerprint sensor on one of they're phones, this was mentioned in another thread
    Not with Apple's level of implementation. The Motorola phone is a child's toy in comparison. People are always wanting to take away Apple's claim to true innovation. Someone's gonna eventually chime in and tell us that some other company had the idea of a windows based personal computer before Apple.. Or someone else innovated the idea of a touch GUI for a SmartPhone.. Ugh..

    Let's be clear.. Apple innovates, and others copy. That's the way it's always been and always will be. The only time they let us down was in letting Microsoft be the first to market with a Tablet/Laptop combo. Jobs would never have let that happen.

    But I hear you, dsg.. All good .
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-13-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not with Apple's level of implementation. The Motorola phone is a child's toy in comparison. People are always wanting to take away Apple's claim to true innovation. Someone's gonna eventually chime in and tell us that some other company had the idea of a windows based personal computer before Apple.. Or someone else innovated the idea of a touch GUI for a SmartPhone.. Ugh..

    Let's be clear.. Apple innovates, and others copy. That's the way it's always been and always will be. The only time they let us down was in letting Microsoft be the first to market with a Tablet/Laptop combo. Jobs would never have let that happen.

    But I hear you, dsg.. All good .
    I'm an apple fanboy myself but let's be real. It's not an original idea and probably won't be too popular amongst other smart phones such as Siri or YouTube on a mobile platform. More recently I'd even say Samsung has been more innovative than apple.

  13. #33
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Anybody notice how many fingerprint scanner apps there are in the Google Play store?!
    Looks like some Android users want this feature too but shame they have to fake it! Lol!
    https://play.google.com/store/search...=apps&hl=en_GB

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts