+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shares of AAPL Plummet on iPhone 5C Pricing Disappointment

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity How is it better than an iPhone 5? It has a C - does your iPhone have a C?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    How is it better than an iPhone 5?
    It has a C - does your iPhone have a C?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It has a C - does your iPhone have a C?
    Sept 20th they are discontinuing the iphone 5. The 5c will take its place. The 5c offers better antenna, battery and improved camera.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

How about competing. Making money in the long haul is what most carriers and smart business models do. Investor all around think the pricing and introduction of the 5c does nothing but makes Apple's position worse in the short term. Marginalizing" this word can't even begin to explain why Apple chose not to use this moment to crack into the emerging market of cheaper phones. Heck! I'd wrap the Iphone 4s in colored plastic and used the momentum of yesterday media event to lunch a full on attack into the cheaper phone market. At las. And what are they doing by killing off the 5? That will never force me to buy a phone that looks like a childs' toy. Thank God for Ebay! Off contract iphone 5, unlocked, jailbroken, and BLACK here i come!!

Thanks

If apple make a cheaper iphone,in the long term they will make more money.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    You nailed it on the head. There shouldn't be a cheap Ferrari because then it takes all the desire out of owning one. Similar to Apple products... the cheaper they make them (in quality AND subsequently, in price) the less desirable they will be because they won't be made in the same standard as what we're used to from Apple. If Ferrari made a car at the Honda Civic price point... ugh, I don't even want to go there.
    Companies might make more money if they are well branded and offer a cheaper alternative. Take Coach for example (handbags I know, but still relevant)

google: Coach vs Coach factory
    and open the first article
    I'll try to post the link
    COACH vs. COACH Factory Store Outlet: One Brand, Two Separate Businesses | b+c | Branding, Marketing, Communications and Organizational Development

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    You nailed it on the head. There shouldn't be a cheap Ferrari because then it takes all the desire out of owning one. Similar to Apple products... the cheaper they make them (in quality AND subsequently, in price) the less desirable they will be because they won't be made in the same standard as what we're used to from Apple. If Ferrari made a car at the Honda Civic price point... ugh, I don't even want to go there.
    Ferrari isn't Designed in Italy and made in China. You can't compare a hand built supercar to a mass produced phone built by slave labor. Apple products are decent but as far as quality and prestige go, not #1 by a long shot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unbelievable the price they want for this 5C.

BlackBerry have done the exact same thing so this deserves to bomb like that tbh. Older Tech with worse build quality at a premium price. Something doesn't surprise me there.

Thanks

I wish Apple would have made a cheap I phone. Asap, I'm jumping off their stock bandwagon...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daviedave View Post
    Companies might make more money if they are well branded and offer a cheaper alternative. Take Coach for example (handbags I know, but still relevant)

google: Coach vs Coach factory
    and open the first article
    I'll try to post the link
    COACH vs. COACH Factory Store Outlet: One Brand, Two Separate Businesses | b+c | Branding, Marketing, Communications and Organizational Development
    They already have an "outlet" strategy. The 4S (like last season's handbag model) is outlet priced.
    The answer is like Toyota, Apple needs a Scion type sub-Brand.
    Think about it (and remember, you heard it here first ;^)...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    I wish Apple would have made a cheap I phone. Asap, I'm jumping off their stock bandwagon...
    Who really WANTS a cheap iPhone though? Would you buy a cheap iPhone with a non retina, 8gb of space, 512mb of ram, A4 or A5 chip, slow, outdated phone? Or would you buy a new iPhone 5s? People in homeless shelters around here have iPhones! They are NOT overly expensive for a smartphone! Galaxy devices are easily as much as a 5c... It just doesn't make sense for apple to make a cheap product! They never have before, and it has worked pretty well for them.

Also, since when is 6% "plummeting"?
    Seems like more of a "dip" to me...

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Apple products are decent but as far as quality and prestige go, not #1 by a long shot.
    Ummm... As for as I know no other smartphone company pays as much attention to build quality as Apple, it's kind of been their thing with hardware since the 80s...

Quote Originally Posted by yatezy View Post
    Unbelievable the price they want for this 5C.
    Than don't buy it!!!
    Last edited by Donnutt; 09-12-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Who really WANTS a cheap iPhone though? Would you buy a cheap iPhone with a non retina, 8gb of space, 512mb of ram, A4 or A5 chip, slow, outdated phone? Or would you buy a new iPhone 5s? People in homeless shelters around here have iPhones! They are NOT overly expensive for a smartphone! Galaxy devices are easily as much as a 5c... It just doesn't make sense for apple to make a cheap product! They never have before, and it has worked pretty well for them.

Also, since when is 6% "plummeting"?
    Seems like more of a "dip" to me...

Ummm... As for as I know no other smartphone company pays as much attention to build quality as Apple, it's kind of been their thing with hardware since the 80s...

Than don't buy it!!!
    You don't have to agree with everything Apple does, you do realise this? It's clear for all that the 5C was massively overpriced.

I've even said before the 5 was overpriced with phones out there with better tech, better looks, better build quality that are cheaper than the iPhone. Just because they price them so high doesn't make it right.

Thanks

5% isn't a dip? Wow!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The 5c pricing is a real turnoff.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12