Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evad3rs Achieve Unsigned Userland Code Execution in iOS 7

Default Evad3rs Achieve Unsigned Userland Code Execution in iOS 7

On Tuesday, iOS hacker planetbeing made the announcement that the evad3rs were attempting to use a number of exploits that the team had in storage on the newly released iOS 7 Golden Master to see what exploits were closed and what exploits were still useful.

In what looks like a stroke of luck, planetbeing followed up on Wednesday morning with additional news. The evad3rs have successfully managed to accomplish unsigned userland code execution on iOS 7. The hacker notes that this gives the evad3rs a chance to start “poking the kernel.”

While this is great news, we still cannot draw any conclusions about the ETA for an iOS 7 jailbreak. The hackers still have a lot of work to do if they wish to accomplish this task, but nonetheless, progress is progress.

iOS 7 still isn't even available to the public, but will be on September 18th. Apple could make any changes that they want to iOS 7 between the Golden Master and the final build, so no one should be getting their hopes up just yet. If you value your current jailbreak, we would suggest holding off on the iOS 7 update when it is released to the public, as with Apple's newer devices, downgrading software isn't much of an option.

Additional good news is that the evad3rs still appear to have more stuff "in reserve," meaning that they didn't need to use all of their known exploits to accomplish where they have gotten so far. This leaves a little bit of wiggle room if Apple tries to be sneaky.

We will keep you updated as more news surfaces.

Sources: planetbeing
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-11-2013 at 11:53 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

H1J1NX (09-11-2013), Jdot1224 (09-11-2013), LudaChris (09-11-2013), xWalmartCandyx (09-11-2013)

Looking good.. 😁

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Excellent! As cool as ios7 looks, I'm still not installing it until there is an instant jailbreak available.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XweAponX For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (09-12-2013), Rcworship (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Looking good thank you dev

Thanks

Won't be long. Many thanks evad3rs. I'll definitely be donating once exploited.

What's the best case scenario?

Please some one let me know the guy who's jailbroke iOS 6.1.4 is this coming out for us

I have iphone 4s on 6.1.3 not jailbreaker, and I have another iphone 4 on 6.1 jailbreak, is gone be available jailbreak for 6.1.3? Thanks

Will the 5s take longer because of the 64bit kernel?

Thanks

This is a bit off topic, more of a technial question.
    If a bunch of new iPhones were already made & packaged, by the date the iOS 7 GM was released to devs, then what is installed on those phones already packaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Will the 5s take longer because of the 64bit kernel?
    Most likely not much longer from what little bits I understand of this stuff (which is very little so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me). But either way it is a new device so they will wait until after that is released before even considering how close they are to a jailbreak and will probably keep mostly silent so apple doesn't get too update happy. They will also probably wait until after 7.1 to release it since apple likes to push a lot of minor updates after new x.0.0 firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
    If a bunch of new iPhones were already made & packaged, by the date the iOS 7 GM was released to devs, then what is installed on those phones already packaged?
    Good question and I too would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post
    Whatever version of iOS 7 was available at the time is what was installed on those devices. Most likely GM, as Apple had it before developers did.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-11-2013 at 02:06 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (09-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    January.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Whatever version of iOS 7 was available at the time is what was installed on those devices. Most likely GM, as Apple had it before developers did.
    Also, I'm sure that apple is a few weeks ahead of their public release schedule.

Also wonder if the dude wincom is gonna put out the 6.1.3,1.4 jailbreak.

come on evad3rs bring it home xD.
    Damn the temptation to install ios7 right now is just toooo mucch.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Most likely not much longer from what little bits I understand of this stuff (which is very little so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me). But either way it is a new device so they will wait until after that is released before even considering how close they are to a jailbreak and will probably keep mostly silent so apple doesn't get too update happy. They will also probably wait until after 7.1 to release it since apple likes to push a lot of minor updates after new x.0.0 firmwares.

The GM is the version shipping with devices already packaged. Any updates will be run after the phone is activated following purchase. The GM is the version sent to hardware partners (in this case Foxconn). The GM was released yesterday, but it certainly wasn't compiled yesterday.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post

It is true that it should not take much longer than the initial jailbreak for IOS 7 because I found out yesterday the the 64bit IOS 7 will run 32bit programs. This was done to allow Apple dev's to release their previously created 32bit programs in an executable format, with minor changes for IOS 7. HOWEVER, they won't be able to test their program WITH 64BIT architecture, unless one of the evad3rs has the new iphone 5s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast