Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone 5S won’t have a Pre-Order Period, A Move Hinting at Supply Constraints

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    I don't think it has to deal with if they have enough. It's probably a marketing tactic. Just supply and demand if the demand is high on launch they will slowly and slowly release more. Keep the demand up and the money coming in.

Who here is keeping their 4,4s or 5?
    I too will be holding on to JB'en 5 and getting a 32GB Gold 5S. Will switch SIM card back and forth as I'm in the mood to use one or the other..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone 5S won’t have a Pre-Order Period, because they want to sell iPhone 5C first.

I'll get 5S on Christmas, like I bought my i5 at target last year,....
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 09-11-2013 at 12:12 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to romeo_herman For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    iPhone 5S won’t have a Pre-Order Period, because they want to sell iPhone 5C first.
    Makes total sense.. Anybody know the price point of the 5C?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Makes total sense.. Anybody know the price point of the 5C?
    Starts at $99 for 16gb and $199 for 32. With 2 year contract. Not sure what the unlocked price is though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Luckily I have 3 best buys an apple store, and 3 walmarts all within a 15 minute drive, I'm hoping that cuz I'm buying the 64GB it won't sell out as fast and I'll be able to get one on the 20th

Always nice to have new people on the site, even though you're not like new... Haha anyways, welcome!
    Same here. I'm going for the 64gb in silver, so I'm hoping that most people will want 16/32gb or gold. I've got 2 Best Buys, 2 Verizon Stores, 2 Apple Stores, and 3 Wal-Marts all within 10 minutes of my house. That came in handy with the iPad 2 release a couple of years back. Let the hunt begin!

I wonder if we can just buy it from applestore app then just pick it up from any store..

This stinks, but if it's because they are constrained for higher quality control, I can wait. I'll probably make the rounds to my local stores Friday morning to see if I can get luck and grab one. If not, I guess I'll be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    Same here. I'm going for the 64gb in silver, so I'm hoping that most people will want 16/32gb or gold. I've got 2 Best Buys, 2 Verizon Stores, 2 Apple Stores, and 3 Wal-Marts all within 10 minutes of my house. That came in handy with the iPad 2 release a couple of years back. Let the hunt begin!
    2 apple stores in 10 minutes?? Do you live in manhattan?? no matter where it is, if you're not in line the night before at latest, you probably won't get one there.
    Last edited by fleurya; 09-11-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    Here's the weird thing... I have a friend who works in the mobile department of best buy and he said they're taking pre orders, starting Friday for the 5S but NOT the 5C... Now he's a good friend and I trust him, so I am going up there on Friday to try and pre order one... But that just seems a little weird to me...

Looked over the apple site again. The 5c doesn't sound bad at all.

Thanks

Quick Question. Any know the answer to this?

My wife is the primary person on our AT&T account. But I have the day off on the 20th. Can I go and upgrade both of our phones to the i5S without her being there since I am an authorized user on our account?

I would like to go and upgrade both of our phones.

Is it allowed to have an authorized user to go to the AT&T Store and pay for and upgrade or does the Primary person have to be there?

You just have to be listed as a primary account user also. and also know the password to the account.

Also People are already waiting in line for the iPhone 5s now.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 09-11-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Here's the weird thing... I have a friend who works in the mobile department of best buy and he said they're taking pre orders, starting Friday for the 5S but NOT the 5C... Now he's a good friend and I trust him, so I am going up there on Friday to try and pre order one... But that just seems a little weird to me...
    He's mistaken. He meant to say 5C. There is absolutely no preorder for 5S.

Sorry if off topic, i'm trying to create this as a separated thread/post and can't find a way. If some Mod helps me, it's appreciated.

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina (A sad country with cr@ppy policies for imports this days…) and hoped/waited for this iPhone 5c to be in the (Unlocked) price range of U$S 350 / 400. Today i find that its US$ 550. This is insane. This is not cheap. This is not "Opportunity". As supposed to be a cheaper to manufacture, this is far from it. Hope someone could build a site/blog/ad showing Apple some common sense. How's that? Simple: You got a top-of-the-line phone at U$S 650 / 700 right? Well, the cheap option must be U$S 350 / 400. Plain & simple.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks12 View Post
    Quick Question. Any know the answer to this?

My wife is the primary person on our AT&T account. But I have the day off on the 20th. Can I go and upgrade both of our phones to the i5S without her being there since I am an authorized user on our account?

I would like to go and upgrade both of our phones.

Is it allowed to have an authorized user to go to the AT&T Store and pay for and upgrade or does the Primary person have to be there?
    Yes you can do it, wife does not have to be there.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Saliola View Post
    Sorry if off topic, i'm trying to create this as a separated thread/post and can't find a way. If some Mod helps me, it's appreciated.

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina (A sad country with cr@ppy policies for imports this days…) and hoped/waited for this iPhone 5c to be in the (Unlocked) price range of U$S 350 / 400. Today i find that its US$ 550. This is insane. This is not cheap. This is not "Opportunity". As supposed to be a cheaper to manufacture, this is far from it. Hope someone could build a site/blog/ad showing Apple some common sense. How's that? Simple: You got a top-of-the-line phone at U$S 650 / 700 right? Well, the cheap option must be U$S 350 / 400. Plain & simple.

Any thoughts?
    Thoughts are Tim has said this time & time again that they will never ever release a cheap iPhone. That's what I took away from his comments & the hardware involved is fairly substantial. Effectively the 5C is a plastic shelled iPhone5.u can't expect a year later for it to be at the price you are wanting in my opinion. It is what it is. It was never going to be the cheap iPhone we all thought it may have been.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,382 Posts

First off, I was proven wrong...
    I didn't think a cheap iPhone was going to be released but I was kind of wrong.

Now...since the 5C is being released, Tim was correct when he said they weren't going to make a cheap phone. Although the 5C is cheaper in price, it's not cheap, by any means. Too many people listened to the rumors and assumed it was going to be a lower quality product w/ a minimal price point.

In fact, the 5C is, in some ways, better than the ip5 (which is a great phone)!

I just read a nice Twitter comparison by @zkahn94:
    iPhone 5c is the MacBook Air: a well-made device for everybody.
    iPhone 5s is the MacBook Pro: a powerful device made for those that need it.

Jato & thazsar, i agree with both. And the twitter line fits good. Maybe it's just a question of being far away from the countries where Apple operates and a bit about "Damn, U$S 550 still is a lot of money! Especially when you multiply it by 6.5 (Our "Pesos" money unit).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavo Saliola For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Saliola View Post
    Jato & thazsar, i agree with both. And the twitter line fits good. Maybe it's just a question of being far away from the countries where Apple operates and a bit about "Damn, U$S 550 still is a lot of money! Especially when you multiply it by 6.5 (Our "Pesos" money unit).
    No probs. Sorry to hear that dude. Yes they are expensive phones I agree. Never easy purchasing one outright that's for sure.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    He's mistaken. He meant to say 5C. There is absolutely no preorder for 5S.
    and that's what I told him... And he said he's positive you can pre order the 5c but not the 5x from best buy... He said that is straight from his manager... I kept asking him if he meant the 5c and he said no he's positive it's the 5s...

and that's what I told him... And he said he's positive you can pre order the 5c but not the 5x from best buy... He said that is straight from his manager... I kept asking him if he meant the 5c and he said no he's positive it's the 5s...
    So get it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast