+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple E-mails Developers to Get Applications Ready for iOS 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default Apple E-mails Developers to Get Applications Ready for iOS 7

On Tuesday, Apple released the iOS 7 golden master to developers for testing the last developer-only version of the firmware before Apple officially releases the firmware to the public after announcing that iOS 7 would officially become available to the public on September 18th.

With the release date so near in the future, Apple understands the urgency for iOS software developers to get their applications prepared for iOS 7. More iOS users are expected to upgrade to iOS 7 than any other software upgrade in the past, so developers will need to act fast to make the transition from iOS 6 to iOS 7 as smooth as possible for users.

Apple has just sent out an e-mail to developers alerting them of this. Apple lets developers know that they should download the golden master of iOS 7 right now and make sure that their applications are running as expected, and to submit an iOS 7-optimized version of the application as soon as possible if applicable.

Apple expects developers to redesign their applications to take advantage of the new interface style in iOS 7, as well as the new features in the operating system, the new features in the iPhone 5S, the new APIs, and more.

Notably, Apple also sent out an e-mail to developers at the end of August asking them to optimize their application icons for iOS 7's new dimensions and tapered-edge style as well.

Sources: MacRumors

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sadly some apps I use have been long abandoned by the developers. I'll just have to wait and see whether they still work on iOS 7 or not.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't see how apple expects developers to change there app icon to match the new theme colors. This can be possible for some apps, but not for all.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Don't see how apple expects developers to change there app icon to match the new theme colors. This can be possible for some apps, but not for all.
    Apple has not asked for this. Only for the application icons to be 120x120 instead of 114x114, and for the new application icons to be ready for the rounder corners in iOS 7.

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Apple has not asked for this. Only for the application icons to be 120x120 instead of 114x114, and for the new application icons to be ready for the rounder corners in iOS 7.

Some people have NO reading comprehension.