Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Competitors Work Hard to Take Jabs at Recently Announced iPhone Offerings

Thanks

Default Apple's Competitors Work Hard to Take Jabs at Recently Announced iPhone Offerings

Apple wasn’t the only company working hard to impress consumers this morning. It seems that just about every big smartphone company was coming up with snarky new ways to take a jab at Apple’s recently announced offerings. Below you’ll find some of the more humorous cracks from companies that were wishing they had as much success with their featured smartphones as Apple did with the iPhone. One thing to note before reading onward is that you’ll notice Samsung isn’t included in the list below, this is because Apple’s most outspoken and critical rival has chosen to remain mute during today’s events.

Windows Phone

8 megapixels is still just 8 megapixels. See what you can do with 41: See zoom reinvented on the Nokia Lumia 1020 - ThingLink #timetoswitch to #WindowsPhone
    Screen sizes, speed, and stunning snapshots. Those are our 5 S’s. See why it’s #timetoswitch to #WindowsPhone Nokia Lumia 1020 | Windows Phone (United States)
    Motorola Mobility

Remember that one time you were stoked to give your fingerprints? Us either. #LazyPhone Moto X "Lazy Phone" Ad -- Touchless Control - YouTube
    Nokia UK

Thanks, #Apple pic.twitter.com/x4w3r8Ghcy
    "Real gangsters don't use gold phones." pic.twitter.com/yurtFf3TML
    HTC

Make the #TimeToChange: Make the Switch to HTC pic.twitter.com/vND7ppza9d
    Do you think Apple’s competitors are right about Apple’s latest offerings? Share your thoughts and opinions below!

Source: Twitter (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

orren (09-13-2013)

All these shoots at apple. Lol. They still will sell millions. The colored ones that are plastic. Will sell like hot cakes.

I've purchased every iPhone since the 3GS off contract for full price with the largest capacity each time,but will be skipping the 5S this time, very underwhelmed with the announcement today, not feeling for iOS 7 either, maybe it is time to look elsewhere

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-10-2013), hogcia (09-10-2013)

It's funny that the Lumia commercials try to look like they have the moral high road by saying apple/Samsung owners fight like kids, but they're exactly the same.

They'll also deride all of apple's sheep as they flock to gobble up these new devices, when on the inside they're insanely jealous all that cash isn't going into their own pockets.

The end is here. Apple hasnt wowed me for the past 2 years. Very disspointing set of goods from apple today

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cymolia For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-10-2013), hogcia (09-10-2013)

I've owned every iPhone since the original. The only issue I ever had was with a 3GS, left it on top if my car. Drove off and the screen was destroyed, but it still worked. Took it to the Apple Store they replaced the digitizer at no charge. All my experiences have been great, that's why I've stuck with the iPhone. I'll pick up the 5S within a month or so, but I honestly believe the we have just about reached the summit of what we can do with smart phones. Everyone is copying the other calming theirs is better, more worthless upgrades instead of something I could really use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cymolia View Post
    The end is here. Apple hasnt wowed me for the past 2 years. Very disspointing set of goods from apple today
    Bye

Geez didn't know they had to wow you personally in order to succeed. This wasn't supposed to be a major upgrade for the iPhone, I was quite impressed for not being a major iPhone, what I mean by that is that it would've been called the iPhone 6 if it was a major change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Geez didn't know they had to wow you personally in order to succeed. This wasn't supposed to be a major upgrade for the iPhone, I was quite impressed for not being a major iPhone, what I mean by that is that it would've been called the iPhone 6 if it was a major change.
    Yea the upgrades to the internals and the new iOS are almost like getting a iPhone 6. It's only called the iPhone 5s because it's the same general design.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,460 Times in 1,087 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    I have to agree! I wasn't impressed last year when they announced the ip5 but after getting it, I was very pleased. They have done some pretty cool stuff to this 'S' model and I am looking forward to getting it! My work requires I have a passcode so the fingerprint thing will get used ALOT! Plus making it even faster w/ a 'better' way of taking pix; I couldn't ask for much more.....except QuickReply!

As far as iOS 7, I could care less what it looks like. I use iPhones for the stability and support, not aesthetics.

That's some top shelf narcissism right there.

I won't be happy unless my phone can make me a sandwich.

Is this the mind set people have? Like honestly I would love to know what people expected. What could they have done that would keep the price reasonable and not defy any laws of physics. New hardware (fingerprint scanner, and M7) on top of upgraded hardware A7 etc. So Please just tell me what you wanted. I feel left out like I can't dream anymore. What do you people want. Is having just 8mp really that big of a deal. They upgraded the hardware for better pictures and faster shutter speed, do you really want to make a 20 foot poster with a picture you took with your phone?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to robbpell For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (09-10-2013)

I agree finger print idea great but how many of us have broken the home button? how much will this cost to repair? should have been put under the screen or something.... very poor apple

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosszx10r For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosszx10r View Post
    I agree finger print idea great but how many of us have broken the home button? how much will this cost to repair? should have been put under the screen or something.... very poor apple
    Other than may get a phone that was built poorly (yeah right). What are you guys doing to these home buttons? I've never had a problem ever.

I sold my i5 a few months ago (had every iPhone since 3GS and iPad 1 & 2) and switched to Samsung GS4 because Apple stopped innovating. Things like a barely larger screen and slightly nicer camera don't do it for me year after year. Honestly, iOS is a complete joke compared to what you can do with android, let alone how much better and innovative Samsung and other android manufacturer phones have been than Apple in their past 2 or 3 iPhone itterations. I know the blind Apple fanboy will say good riddance, but honestly, stop being ignorant and actually use an newer Android device for a week and tell me with a straight face that iPhone is better.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by robbpell View Post
    I won't be happy unless my phone can make me a sandwich.

Is this the mind set people have? Like honestly I would love to know what people expected. What could they have done that would keep the price reasonable and not defy any laws of physics. New hardware (fingerprint scanner, and M7) on top of upgraded hardware A7 etc. So Please just tell me what you wanted. I feel left out like I can't dream anymore. What do you people want. Is having just 8mp really that big of a deal. They upgraded the hardware for better pictures and faster shutter speed, do you really want to make a 20 foot poster with a picture you took with your phone?
    You're completely lost man. The most I've seen ppl beg for we're very simple things such as a quick reply feature or the ability to theme. No one is asking the phone to "make a sandwich" so I don't know where you're even getting that from. We're asking for updates that actually mean something, that make a difference in the experience. IMO ios7>i5s.

The first 64-bit phone in existence... yea super disappointing.

I believe the "S" naming cycle is hurting Apple more than helping. Should just continue with numbering it. If it was the iPhone 6, not as many people would complain that "it's the same phone."

This mindset people have where if the appearance doesn't change then it's not a "major" upgrade is a bit juvenile.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosszx10r View Post
    You must be really rough on your phones. I have had three iPhones since the 3GS and never had a problem with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    I sold my i5 a few months ago (had every iPhone since 3GS and iPad 1 & 2) and switched to Samsung GS4 because Apple stopped innovating. Things like a barely larger screen and slightly nicer camera don't do it for me year after year. Honestly, iOS is a complete joke compared to what you can do with android, let alone how much better and innovative Samsung and other android manufacturer phones have been than Apple in their past 2 or 3 iPhone itterations. I know the blind Apple fanboy will say good riddance, but honestly, stop being ignorant and actually use an newer Android device for a week and tell me with a straight face that iPhone is better.
    Neither is better, stop being a blind android fanboy. Why does it matter to you that we prefer ios devices? I have used an android device for a week, wasn't bad at all but i prefer iOS.... How does that affect you?

Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    Neither is better, stop being a blind android fanboy. Why does it matter to you that we prefer ios devices? I have used an android device for a week, wasn't bad at all but i prefer iOS.... How does that affect you?
    I'm not being a blind android fan, I still have an ipad 2 and im typing on a retina macbook pro...

While you can accomplish many of the same things on either device, android has a lot more quantifiable benefits than ios. Things like using micro sd cards, an open os so you can make modifications on the fly and not rely on a jailbreak, the ability to change basically anything on a whim (like keyboard, themes, autocorrect types or even your personal dictionary). iOS has its perks too, but from someone who uses both daily, its easy to tell why android is a better OS, at least from a power user standpoint.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast