+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple's Competitors Work Hard to Take Jabs at Recently Announced iPhone Offerings

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Those jabs weren't too bad - I've seen far worse!
...
  1. #21
    Theme Creator Jahooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,893
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

    Those jabs weren't too bad - I've seen far worse!

  2. #22
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    I'm not being a blind android fan, I still have an ipad 2 and im typing on a retina macbook pro...

    While you can accomplish many of the same things on either device, android has a lot more quantifiable benefits than ios. Things like using micro sd cards, an open os so you can make modifications on the fly and not rely on a jailbreak, the ability to change basically anything on a whim (like keyboard, themes, autocorrect types or even your personal dictionary). iOS has its perks too, but from someone who uses both daily, its easy to tell why android is a better OS, at least from a power user standpoint.
    I respectfully disagree that it is "better" just different, which may be "better" for you, but not for me. I have no need for a micro sd card, I use dropbox. A jailbreak solves the rest, and why not rely on it? Besides, I have had iOS 7 for months now and no longer require a jailbreak. Oh, and I am defiantly a power user, technology is my life (big time geek.) My biggest point is that it is useless to argue which is "better" and to call people mindless fanboys just for using Apple over Android. For me ios is better, for you Android is better. I have no problem with that, so why do you feel the need to come to an iPhone forum and start trash talking the iPhone? Feel like you need to justify your choice?

  3. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    Neither is better, stop being a blind android fanboy. Why does it matter to you that we prefer ios devices? I have used an android device for a week, wasn't bad at all but i prefer iOS.... How does that affect you?
    take a look on ebay and see how many replacement buttons have been sold.. i own an xbox that never had ring of death does that mean every body else was ruff on there xbox's? stupid reply

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 55 Times in 49 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    I respectfully disagree that it is "better" just different, which may be "better" for you, but not for me. I have no need for a micro sd card, I use dropbox. A jailbreak solves the rest, and why not rely on it? Besides, I have had iOS 7 for months now and no longer require a jailbreak. Oh, and I am defiantly a power user, technology is my life (big time geek.) My biggest point is that it is useless to argue which is "better" and to call people mindless fanboys just for using Apple over Android. For me ios is better, for you Android is better. I have no problem with that, so why do you feel the need to come to an iPhone forum and start trash talking the iPhone? Feel like you need to justify your choice?
    i never trash talked anything. and from knowing both OS's very well, IMO a closed OS is always worse than an open one. its better to not have to rely on a jailbreak cause there wont always be one. btw micro sd is not just for transferring data, i have a 16gb gs4 with a 64gb microsd. its a lot cheaper than spending another $100 per 16gb per device

  5. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    i never trash talked anything. and from knowing both OS's very well, IMO a closed OS is always worse than an open one. its better to not have to rely on a jailbreak cause there wont always be one. btw micro sd is not just for transferring data, i have a 16gb gs4 with a 64gb microsd. its a lot cheaper than spending another $100 per 16gb per device
    "I sold my i5 a few months ago (had every iPhone since 3GS and iPad 1 & 2) and switched to Samsung GS4 because Apple stopped innovating. Things like a barely larger screen and slightly nicer camera don't do it for me year after year. Honestly, iOS is a complete joke compared to what you can do with android, let alone how much better and innovative Samsung and other android manufacturer phones have been than Apple in their past 2 or 3 iPhone itterations. I know the blind Apple fanboy will say good riddance, but honestly, stop being ignorant and actually use an newer Android device for a week and tell me with a straight face that iPhone is better."

  6. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Hm. None of the points made by these companies actually appeals to what I'm looking for in a phone: app and cloud ecosystem, both of which Apple nails pretty well (except for no arbitrary document storage in iCloud, but it's still worth it). If I were to buy a new phone it would still be an iPhone.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mahboi For This Useful Post:

    Itchybums (09-10-2013)

  8. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    I sold my i5 a few months ago (had every iPhone since 3GS and iPad 1 & 2) and switched to Samsung GS4 because Apple stopped innovating. Things like a barely larger screen and slightly nicer camera don't do it for me year after year. Honestly, iOS is a complete joke compared to what you can do with android, let alone how much better and innovative Samsung and other android manufacturer phones have been than Apple in their past 2 or 3 iPhone itterations. I know the blind Apple fanboy will say good riddance, but honestly, stop being ignorant and actually use an newer Android device for a week and tell me with a straight face that iPhone is better.
    I used the galaxy S3 for 2 weeks to make sure I still like apple. The phone felt cheap and too big and funky in my hands. Also all those innovative features that the phone had just made the phone to complicated. I love apples simplicity. Plain and simple!

  9. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Itchybums View Post
    I used the galaxy S3 for 2 weeks to make sure I still like apple. The phone felt cheap and too big and funky in my hands. Also all those innovative features that the phone had just made the phone to complicated. I love apples simplicity. Plain and simple!
    Typical iClown

  10. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Typical iClown
    Topical white trash android fan

  11. #30
    My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    520
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 72 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    I'm not being a blind android fan, I still have an ipad 2 and im typing on a retina macbook pro...

    While you can accomplish many of the same things on either device, android has a lot more quantifiable benefits than ios. Things like using micro sd cards, an open os so you can make modifications on the fly and not rely on a jailbreak, the ability to change basically anything on a whim (like keyboard, themes, autocorrect types or even your personal dictionary). iOS has its perks too, but from someone who uses both daily, its easy to tell why android is a better OS, at least from a power user standpoint.
    iOS 7 you can use personal dictionaries, micro SD cards cannot store apps, the os is not "open" and even when running android an S4 (which yes I have used) it's still buggy. I'm not here to prove why iOS is better, because neither are better than the other, but I just want to set the record straight as these are sort of "glorified perks" because much of what you said takes a lot to set up or has many drawbacks that you failed to mention.

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    i never trash talked anything. and from knowing both OS's very well, IMO a closed OS is always worse than an open one. its better to not have to rely on a jailbreak cause there wont always be one. btw micro sd is not just for transferring data, i have a 16gb gs4 with a 64gb microsd. its a lot cheaper than spending another $100 per 16gb per device
    Just please remember that android is not "open." It is more open that iOS, but it is not even close to a true "open OS." Also remember that you have 16 GB before your OS and factory apps/skins. So it drops down to about 8 GB of usable space. So you have 8 gigs to store all of your apps. Real Racing 3 is what like 1.5 gigs or something, 8 gigs isnt very much... and android 4.0 and up do not allow storing apps on micro SD cards. So please just tell full facts instead of blatantly stating facts that are true but glorified.
    Last edited by fanboyfanboy; 09-10-2013 at 09:07 PM.

  12. #31
    What's Jailbreak? laju8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Apple has innovated a way to sell everyone last years iphone as this years model... Totally revolutionizing the way they get money out of some of our pockets for quality, they know how to wow us.

  13. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts

    The new iPhone is great. I wasn't too wowed by the 5 when it came out, but this one is going to be great. A 64bit CPU? That's a crazy feat in itself. Not to mention the new camera.....but wait there's more! Think of the medical uses this phone may have with it's M7 chip. Very cool to see what developers come up with utilizing that.

    Oh, and the fingerprint sensor is super cool. Especially for us government employees that have to have secure pass codes for everything. Makes my life easier. And that's what these phones try to accomplish, along with other things as well.

  14. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    i never trash talked anything. and from knowing both OS's very well, IMO a closed OS is always worse than an open one. its better to not have to rely on a jailbreak cause there wont always be one. btw micro sd is not just for transferring data, i have a 16gb gs4 with a 64gb microsd. its a lot cheaper than spending another $100 per 16gb per device
    ^^^What fanboyfanboy said^^^
    BOOM!

  15. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    520
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 72 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    The new iPhone is great. I wasn't too wowed by the 5 when it came out, but this one is going to be great. A 64bit CPU? That's a crazy feat in itself. Not to mention the new camera.....but wait there's more! Think of the medical uses this phone may have with it's M7 chip. Very cool to see what developers come up with utilizing that.

    Oh, and the fingerprint sensor is super cool. Especially for us government employees that have to have secure pass codes for everything. Makes my life easier. And that's what these phones try to accomplish, along with other things as well.
    I'm just glad to see Apple going back to there innovating roots. First smartphone with a 64 bit processor. Apple hasn't been leading innovation lately, there's no arguing that. But id like to see the most die hard android fanboy try to argue how they weren't the first to do that.

  16. #35
    Green Apple brownlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hell, with this announcement, Apple practically gave them an opportunity to be a lead innovator in technology with a nice design, but they still piggy back off Apple's name. Man up***

  17. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,882
    Thanks
    1,457
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

    Internal upgrades are good but it's the screen and the outer pieces many are wanting to see changed. I am lucky to have 2 available upgrades but neither will be for the newest apple offerings. Maybe next year?

  18. #37
    My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    520
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 72 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Internal upgrades are good but it's the screen and the outer pieces many are wanting to see changed. I am lucky to have 2 available upgrades but neither will be for the newest apple offerings. Maybe next year?
    Almost every piece in the 5S has been upgraded significantly... Maybe it's just me but I'd rather take a super charged phone that looks the same than a phone that has a different rounded box... Cuz let's face it... Every smart phone is just a differently shaped, thin, rounded box with a screen on it..

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:

    Itchybums (09-11-2013), Sage I (09-11-2013), slim.jim (09-10-2013)

  20. #38
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Almost every piece in the 5S has been upgraded significantly... Maybe it's just me but I'd rather take a super charged phone that looks the same than a phone that has a different rounded box... Cuz let's face it... Every smart phone is just a differently shaped, thin, rounded box with a screen on it..
    +1

  21. #39
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ios7 is pretty good - tried beta 1 - hated it... now much better

  22. #40
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I bought the original Iphone within minutes of it becoming available in the US and had it shipped to me in Europe in 2007 and had every iphone release up to the Iphone 4 at which point in my opinion nothing really changed.

    Dont get me wrong I am a Apple fan and still have macs apple tvs and ipads and love the operating systems from Apple so I'm certainly not bashing Apple.

    However

    Saying the 5c is good value at 549 dollars is just delusional

    The 5s is pretty much of the same bar for a few minor updates just more expensive now

    I think Apple have missed the mark big time on the iphone

    People want more choice today, whilst I agree with comments here that it’s hard to keep pushing the envelope of features to miss basic things like choice of screen size and a true entry level phones is unforgivable and I hate to say it but if Steve Jobs was still around I really think yesterdays announcements would have been a very different event.

    With unlocked smart phones coming out of China today at 100 dollars and really high end models for around 400 dollars the competition will soon overwhelm Apple.

    Apple have been looking over their shoulder for the last few years watching Samsung getting closer, the problem is they should be looking past Samsung to see the ones about to pass Samsung like Xiaomi , Meizu and Oppo

    Apple at least where the phones are concerned are increasingly losing their way and their fall from grace can only be likened to Nokia
    Last edited by duquesa; 09-11-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts