Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The evad3rs Are Actively Testing Exploits On iOS 7 Right Now

Default The evad3rs Are Actively Testing Exploits On iOS 7 Right Now

Apple on Tuesday seeded the golden master of iOS 7 to developers for their final testing and application preparation. Being that the golden master is the closest thing to the final release that developers have, hackers are now already beginning to see what they can do with it.

Well-known iOS hacker planetbeing announced just a few minutes ago that the evad3rs are actively looking into iOS 7 to see how many of the hacking team's current exploits are still useful.

Although they appear to be getting an early start, the jailbreak is still a long ways away. The hackers will likely need to find a number of new exploits, since many exploits are known to have been closed in iOS 7. There is currently no ETA on a jailbreak for iOS 7.

The iOS 7 firmware will be officially released to the public on September 18th. If you value your current jailbreak, we would suggest holding off on the iOS 7 update when it is released to the public, as with Apple's newer devices, downgrading software isn't much of an option.

Sources: planetbeing
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-10-2013 at 05:08 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

LudaChris (09-10-2013)

I've waited months for the past jailbreaks, great to see progress! But not in any hurry .

Sweet. Thanks guys

thanks evad3rs
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-10-2013)

Thanks

Cool

Thanks

Great news! Hope some of the exploits still work and they find more. I love the functionality of ios7 just not the look
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

I guess I better downgrade my iPad mini and see if @7inj3ct3d comes through...

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    Great news! Hope some of the exploits still work and they find more. I love the functionality of ios7 just not the look
    Same here. Just the icons don't agree with me but that's just me. Looking forward to a iOS 6 theme. Thanks again guys.

Man I am in such a dilemma. I love iOS 7, but don't want to lose my precious JB. If only iOS 7 had quick reply....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynx83 For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (09-10-2013)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-10-2013)

I'll upgrade as soon as the JB is available. I'll have to get a theme to get rid of those iOS 7 icons & dock.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cokeman For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I'll upgrade as soon as the JB is available. I'll have to get a theme to get rid of those iOS 7 icons & dock.
    same here

At the current pace of jail breaking its safe to say the iOS 7 version won't be released until January or February at the earliest. Thus users are waiting a year to jailbreak their devices now and 8-10 months without any restore capability. If you like tweaks it's nearly impossible to avoid a restore for that length of time. I guess beggars can't be choosers we really in need of some fresh faces to step up and take the lead.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I don't think we need new faces with it. Maybe more help for them. They do great work. They haven't failed us yet and doubt they will. Apple puts up a good fight with them. That's the reason it takes so long. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

artfuldodger333 (09-11-2013), dsg (09-10-2013), lilpetabread (09-10-2013)

Default IOS 7 Jailbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx83 View Post
    Man I am in such a dilemma. I love iOS 7, but don't want to lose my precious JB. If only iOS 7 had quick reply....
    It will probably take a very long time for a jailbreak to happen and also for Cydia to work with it, quote:Jay Freeman (saurik) ‏@saurik 1h
    iPhone 5S has a 64-bit ARMv8 CPU; we've got a lot of reading to do ;P. http://www.arm.com/files/downloads/A...e_paper_v5.pdf http://www.arm.com/files/downloads/A...chitecture.pdf https://silver.arm.com/download/download.tm?pv=1356342 "

Quote Originally Posted by subarurider View Post
    It will probably take a very long time for a jailbreak to happen and also for Cydia to work with it, quote:Jay Freeman (saurik) ‏@saurik 1h
    iPhone 5S has a 64-bit ARMv8 CPU; we've got a lot of reading to do ;P. http://www.arm.com/files/downloads/A...e_paper_v5.pdf http://www.arm.com/files/downloads/A...chitecture.pdf https://silver.arm.com/download/download.tm?pv=1356342 "
    It'll take another few months too for the jailbreak devs to update their apps/ tweaks to make it compatible with ios 7.

Nuuuuu!!!

Thanks for the update planetbeing. Patiently waiting.

This is great news. Lets hope they jailbreak when IOS7 comes out and we wont have to wait months for it like usual.
    Thats the way to keep people with Apple, to have IOS that little bit open so a jailbreak can be easily made and released keeping people with Apple instead of moving to Android for its openness.

Nice long wait coming, folks. iOS5 JB came 3rd week of Jan '12. iOS6 JB came 2nd week of Feb '13.. No way we're getting anything before February '14 from iOS7.. It's just too hard to jailbreak these days.. The days of getting jailbreaks within a few weeks of the release of a new iOS are gone - forever. I will upgrade after a JB is found for iOS7.. OR - I will get a 5S and just swap my SIM back and forth between my JB'en 5 and the new 5S.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast