+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The evad3rs Are Actively Testing Exploits On iOS 7 Right Now

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Best news of the day:}
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Best news of the day:}

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    I'll upgrade as soon as the JB is available. I'll have to get a theme to get rid of those iOS 7 icons & dock.
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 781 Posts

I'm getting the 5S; plain and simple. I can't stand using this 4S anymore despite it being jailbroken. I got spoiled using the ip5 and I'm ready to go back.

Now...if any if these 'fake' 6.1.3/4 jailbreaks gets released and ends up being real, then I might consider giving the 5S to my wife and taking back my ip5. Time will tell.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    This is great news. Lets hope they jailbreak when IOS7 comes out and we wont have to wait months for it like usual.
    Thats the way to keep people with Apple, to have IOS that little bit open so a jailbreak can be easily made and released keeping people with Apple instead of moving to Android for its openness.
    Then a problem with that arises. You take someone who's non tech-savvy and wants to try to jailbreak and tweak there phone, they do something to completely mess it up and don't know how to fix it (remember most people here know a lot more about getting out of iOS problems/bugs than most.) they complain to apple that it's Apples fault when really Apple has done nothing wrong, sort of a catch 22 :/

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I'm getting the 5S; plain and simple. I can't stand using this 4S anymore despite it being jailbroken. I got spoiled using the ip5 and I'm ready to go back.

Now...if any if these 'fake' 6.1.3/4 jailbreaks gets released and ends up being real, then I might consider giving the 5S to my wife and taking back my ip5. Time will tell.....
    Just for my own curiosity, what don't you like about the 4S? I've had it since it came out (yes I'm getting the 5S on release day) but other than not having LTE what don't you like? Cuz mine personally that's the only thing I don't like, other than that I think it's a wonderful phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,553 Times in 4,329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Just for my own curiosity, what don't you like about the 4S? I've had it since it came out (yes I'm getting the 5S on release day) but other than not having LTE what don't you like? Cuz mine personally that's the only thing I don't like, other than that I think it's a wonderful phone.
    The 4S is a slow 'slug' in speed compared to the jack rabbit speed of a 5 and the 5S will be akin to 'warp speed' in comparison to a 4S. The camera is better.. I could go on and on.. A 4S is just inferior in most every way to a 5.

My wife still loves hers...Oddly one of the main reasons she's not interested in a 5 - is its size. She works outside all day and is ONLY a wearer of jeans. And jean front pockets on normal-waisted jeans are just barely deep enough for a 4/4S.. the 5 would run the risk of falling out of her front pocket.

For me the 4S is bulky and heavy and WAAY too slow. But that's me..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The 4S is a slow 'slug' in speed compared to the jack rabbit speed of a 5 and the 5S will be akin to 'warp speed' in comparison to a 4S. The camera is better.. I could go on and on.. A 4S is just inferior in most every way to a 5.

My wife still loves hers...Oddly one of the main reasons she's not interested in a 5 - is its size. She works outside all day and is ONLY a wearer of jeans. And jean front pockets on normal-waisted jeans are just barely deep enough for a 4/4S.. the 5 would run the risk of falling out of her front pocket.

For me the 4S is bulky and heavy and WAAY too slow. But that's me..
    Ahh I see, I've never owned a device faster than the 4S, so to me it's never seemed slow, but I have messed around with friends 5's and I definitely see where your coming from, come the 20th I feel like I'll be looking back going "how did I deal with that slow phone for that long?" Hahaha

Thanks

Ahh I see, I've never owned a device faster than the 4S, so to me it's never seemed slow, but I have messed around with friends 5's and I definitely see where your coming from, come the 20th I feel like I'll be looking back going "how did I deal with that slow phone for that long?" Hahaha
    You have NO idea, my friend. You won't believe how fast apps open up.

I hear everyone talking about the 20th. But the websites say it's AVAILABLE the 20th.. That usually means PREORDER starts.. Is there NO preorder cycle this time? I know there is a preorder for the 5C on the 13th. But no mention of a preORDER cycle for the 5S. It just says AVAILABLE on he 20th. What does that mean?

Thanks

You have NO idea, my friend. You won't believe how fast apps open up.

I hear everyone talking about the 20th. But the websites say it's AVAILABLE the 20th.. That usually means PREORDER starts.. Is there NO preorder cycle this time? I know there is a preorder for the 5C on the 13th. But no mention of a preORDER cycle for the 5S. It just says AVAILABLE on he 20th. What does that mean?
    Sad part is... I thought apps opened fast on my 4S... Man am I in for a treat haha .

And about the phones, apple is only allowing you to pre order the 5C, which is released on the 20th along side of the 5S. Basically it'll be first come-first serve to where ever you will pick it up from. Both will be publicly available on the 20th, but the 5C pre order on the 13th. 5S you can't. although to have a buddy who works In best buys mobile department, and he told me that best buy will let you preorder the 5S thru them starting Friday but you won't be able to pre order the 5C... My guess is he is just confused because I doubt Apple would let a company like best but pre order when even they aren't letting you. I'll talk to him tomorrow and get more details on it, but I think he is just confused as to which phone you can and cannot pre order.

Thanks

Sad part is... I thought apps opened fast on my 4S... Man am I in for a treat haha .

And about the phones, apple is only allowing you to pre order the 5C, which is released on the 20th along side of the 5S. Basically it'll be first come-first serve to where ever you will pick it up from. Both will be publicly available on the 20th, but the 5C pre order on the 13th. 5S you can't. although to have a buddy who works In best buys mobile department, and he told me that best buy will let you preorder the 5S thru them starting Friday but you won't be able to pre order the 5C... My guess is he is just confused because I doubt Apple would let a company like best but pre order when even they aren't letting you. I'll talk to him tomorrow and get more details on it, but I think he is just confused as to which phone you can and cannot pre order.
    So this is the first time since the 3GS where we HAVE to go stand in line if we want it on release day. Nobody will be getting a 5S from FedEx on the same day people stand in the lines... Right?

Thanks

So this is the first time since the 3GS where we HAVE to go stand in line if we want it on release day. Nobody will be getting a 5S from FedEx on the same day people stand in the lines... Right?
    I've watched the keynote, browsed the online apple store and surfed web blogs, and everywhere is the same no 5S pre orders, but you can buy them on the 20th in the store. So from my understanding, that is correct. Although I'm a little upset as I planned to order online at midnight so I don't have to worry about waiting in line...

Green Apple
    Thanks

What's chance of 6.1.4 jailbreak getting out before ios7 for iPhone 5 I really do miss my jailbreak

Thanks

Keep up the nice work

Thanks
    Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,080 Posts

Jailbreak within 2 months. That's my guess
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-11-2013)

Thanks
    I've had every iPhone and I've been jailbroken since the 4. iOS 7 is the best software IMO too date. Only needs a couple of tweaks and it will be perfect. Thanks Evasion!!!👍👏👍👏

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by urkel782 View Post
    I've had every iPhone and I've been jailbroken since the 4. iOS 7 is the best software IMO too date. Only needs a couple of tweaks and it will be perfect. Thanks Evasion!!!👍👏👍👏
    It needs winterboard lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldafunk View Post
    What's chance of 6.1.4 jailbreak getting out before ios7 for iPhone 5 I really do miss my jailbreak
    We'll see if @7inj3ct3d comes through! Gonna downgrade my ipad mini just in case he does!

Thanks

Cool

Green Apple
    Thanks

IMHO, I think that new 64 bit processor will be tough to work around, but I have faith in the jailbreaking community to find a way. Hopefully some time early next year. And before a new iPhone comes out next year.

Thanks

This morning, Planetbeing said they have made progress already so let's keep our fingers crossed!

This morning, Planetbeing said they have made progress already so let's keep our fingers crossed!
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-11-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    We'll see if @7inj3ct3d comes through! Gonna downgrade my ipad mini just in case he does!
    You believe he's a legit contender? It sorta sounded 'hypey' to me - not sure he's a real player.. But you do, Thaz?