Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud Need iTunes 11.1 and can't find that one 126.96.36.199 Win7 worked just fine to install ios7. *BUT* you then need 11.1 to reload you backup :/...
09-10-2013, 08:42 PM #41
09-10-2013, 08:49 PM #42
So u have updated to the GM w/o a dev acct on a i5 with windows shift/update?
09-10-2013, 08:53 PM #43
Yup, worked just fine. Now I am trying to figure out how to copy the computer backup I made to my Mac to restore :P
09-10-2013, 08:54 PM #44
As i know, the itune 11.1 beta is for Mac and run os x mavericks. But no need the itune 11.1, you can "shift + update" or "shift + restore" ( if you have add UDID). If you want to downgrade 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 just put your iphone in DFU mode and restore.
09-10-2013, 08:57 PM #45
09-10-2013, 08:58 PM #46
Might just be me but also every time I try to open iTunes Store on my iPhone 5 it crashes.
09-10-2013, 09:17 PM #47
I'm not a developer and I've never installed an iOS beta version, so I have a few questions...
1. If I find an .ipsw of the IOS 7 GM and i download it on my PC, could I install it through shift+plus restore even though I'm not a developer?
2. How would I update my iOS 7 from GM to the full version when it's released on the September 18th? Can I download the update directly from my iPhone 5 or would I have to do it through iTunes?
I think those are all for now, thanks!
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM #48
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM #49
Oh, ok, thanks!
A couple of more questions, since I'm not a developer, would I have any complications when/while installing it?
Is there anything else I'd new to do besides that to install it?
I know you said GM is the full version, but could I still be able to update to the real full version, not the GM version when the full version is available on my Settings or would I have to downgrade back to 6.1.4 to be able to update to the real full version on iTunes or something?
09-10-2013, 09:24 PM #50
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM #51
just did the update using the non beta iTunes and it worked fine. Just can't sync with iTunes (I don't anyways).
The new alert tones are awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:
09-10-2013, 10:16 PM #52
09-11-2013, 02:09 AM #53
So as we cant download iTunes 11.1 beta from anywhere we are able to install IOS7GM but cant sync with it. LAME APPLE! VERY LAME.
THIS is why I went to Android, its so much more friendlier than anything Apple can do. And YES its also got less bugs.
Just wait for it. IOS7.0.1 will be out within a month to fix bugs so try and tell me IOS has less bugs than Android. LOL@U.
09-11-2013, 06:23 AM #54
The developers that post downloads of the betas and the GM are violating the ToS with Apple and risk getting their account shut down.
09-11-2013, 06:55 AM #55
The Following User Says Thank You to fanboyfanboy For This Useful Post:
09-11-2013, 08:01 AM #56
09-11-2013, 08:49 AM #57
I think we will see a 11.1 iTunes update a day or so before iOS7 actually gets released to the public.
As for Android it has a lot going for it. Being "friendlier" as you put it, not so sure. There are so many different devices/carriers/firmwares that have their own way of updating and doing things that it can be downright frustrating and confusing when trying to determine if your device can be updated. Fail post on every level, sorry.
09-11-2013, 09:11 AM #58
As much as I hate Apple and I'm moving to Android I still have some iDevices. My daughter has my iPhone4 and I still have an iPad3 as I do like the devices when they are jailbroken but stock they are pieces of crap compared to a stock Android like the Galaxy S4.
Saying that I upgraded her iPhone4 to IOS7 today and since the Beta 1 they have come along good. it's still buggy as hell and there will be a IOS7.0.1 shortly but its nice. My daughter loves it and I think its good. Its got a few features that I jailbreak for so there are a few cydia apps not needed anymore.
The downside of IOS7 is ITS WHITE! ITS TOO BRIGHT! Wish there was a black version as the white everything is just too bright especially at night.
Going to have to wait for the jailbreak to get released before updating the iPad3 as there is absolutely no way I will loose the jailbreak for any stock IOS as it really needs to be jailbroken to be any good. I just hope it doesn't crash before the jailbreak comes out as from now on its up to the jailbreaking team. Love their work and always will. Its better than anything Apple can come up with as 95% of IOS comes from Cydia or Android. (The other 5% is things like the white everything which is just too stupid and the lack of polish)
09-11-2013, 09:15 AM #59
Go to settings/accessibility and invert the colors for night use.
09-11-2013, 09:30 AM #60