+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Future of LockInfo LockInfo 7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
David Ashman , the well-known iOS developer behind the highly popular LockInfo jailbreak tweak offered some important information on Sunday for LockInfo fans regarding the future of LockInfo for iOS.
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Future of LockInfo LockInfo 7

David Ashman, the well-known iOS developer behind the highly popular LockInfo jailbreak tweak offered some important information on Sunday for LockInfo fans regarding the future of LockInfo for iOS. Currently, LockInfo 5 is available in Cydia with iOS 5 and iOS 6 support, and the developer needed to completely re-write LockInfo 5 to make it iOS 6 compatible.

With iOS 7 around the corner, hackers everywhere will be working hard on trying to crack the new operating system for jailbreak fans after its official public release. Because there is no jailbreak yet, developers have yet to have a fair chance to look into modifying things with the new operating system. There's no ETA on any kind of jailbreak for iOS 7 yet, but developers like Ashman are confident in such magic being made eventually.

Ashman’s statement about the future of LockInfo has to do with iOS 7 compatibility. The developer notes that he has every intention of creating an iOS 7-compatible version of the software if a jailbreak arises. He also notes that he plans to call it LockInfo 7, since it was confusing for some users that LockInfo 5 was compatible with iOS 6.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ashman
    Even though iOS7 hasn’t been released and there are only passing rumors of a possible jailbreak for the new OS, I get a consistent flow of questions about the future of LockInfo. This short blog is intended to be as transparent as possible and give you all the information I know at this point.

I do intend to develop a new version of LockInfo for iOS7. It will be another complete rewrite though since there have been significant changes to the way notifications work and how they are presented in the new OS.

The update will be free. Just as with all other LockInfo updates, I will be providing the update for all current licensees for free.

I have no idea how long it will take to get the update done. I don’t have a jailbreak, I don’t know when the jailbreak will be available, I haven’t even looked through dumped headers to see what has changed. Even if the jailbreak comes out on the first day iOS7 is available, it will take a while to understand the changes and rewrite the code to work on the new OS.
    Not only will the update be re-written for iOS 7 compatibility, but also it would be re-designed around the premises of iOS 7’s new looks of flatness and transparency. Taking time to learn about all of the changes to iOS up to this point will also be a time-consuming step in updating LockInfo. Despite all of the hard work Ashman would have to put into LockInfo to make it compatible and professional-looking, the developer still plans to offer the update for free to existing users.

We are glad to see that developers like Ashman will still be continuing to support their jailbreak tweaks long after iOS 7 can be jailbroken and we look forward to keeping everyone updated with the changes!

Sources: David Ashman

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Well actually there are a lot of rumours of iOS 7 being jailbroken after 7.1 is launched.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Well actually there are a lot of rumours of iOS 7 being jailbroken after 7.1 is launched.
    Feb 2014 at the earliest then? That's my thoughts if they can piece all bits required together & Apple haven't patched all exploits by then...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-08-2013), King_O_Hill (09-08-2013)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,975 Times in 771 Posts

I love David's dedication to keep it going and free to pre paid users, respect
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-08-2013), King_O_Hill (09-08-2013)

Thanks

It took me a while to get lockinfo 5 to my liking. Was a much bigger fan of the previous version.

Banned
    Thanks

We are still waiting for LockInfo to work on the iPad. Will the IOS7 version take as long?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smith01 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (09-09-2013), slim.jim (09-08-2013)

Thanks

Really enjoy Lockinfo. Cheers David! Looking forward to both iOS 7 jailbreak and your revised application

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fidosam For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like LockInfo....my only gripe about it is when you add your friends as Favorite icons from the Contact Book to appear on LockInfo's home screen for easy quick tap to text, call, or FT....but if you are no longer friend with that Favorite person....you cant delete/remove the icon! There's no option at all on removing it...youre stuck with it. I even tried removing this friend off the Contact book and LockInfo STILL shows the icon but no picture and name...it only leave default icon and the phone number make it looks ugly! This been going on since version 4 and I hope this dev can read this and add an option on removing the Favorite icon unless I miss somewhere on how to remove it.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,028 Times in 6,213 Posts

Is this tweak really necessary?

I think that the built in features of iOS 6 can provide all the same functionality. I own LI, but haven't used it with iOS 6.

If you haven't bought it, don't waste your time. I wouldn't use LI 7 if it came with a $20 gift card.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-08-2013), Jato_BZ (09-08-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    that was confusing for me too as i was with the mind due to its name of lookinfo 5 that was compatible with the iOS 5 only .. though i have used it with the iOS 6 later as well .... and hoping it will be soon made compatible with the iOS 7 all along .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *******Morons View Post
    Butthurt...........
    Last edited by Simon; 09-09-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks

Ha, sorry that I missed it. Tool!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Has no idea
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ha, sorry that I missed it. Tool!
    Off topic but is mylocation still supported and working for GPS/weather widgets? Recently tried and it didn't work. Just wanted to know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said View Post
    Off topic but is mylocation still supported and working for GPS/weather widgets? Recently tried and it didn't work. Just wanted to know.
    Yes it is working just fine.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-09-2013), Jato_BZ (09-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Okay thanks

Thanks

I own LI but use IntelliscreenX, it's way better, smoother, and touch weather themes for lock screen work with it whereas they don't work with LI. Haven't used LI in over a year. I'll stick with ISX!