+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'WaveOff' Lets You Control Your iPhone's Screen With a Wave

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'WaveOff' Lets You Control Your iPhone's Screen With a Wave

With a new jailbreak tweak called WaveOff by iOS developer Nick Allen, you can use a wave gesture to turn your iPhone’s screen on and off.

WaveOff harnesses the power of your iPhone’s proximity sensor to do this. When you perform a smooth, slow wave in front of your iPhone reasonably close to the proximity sensor, your screen will turn either on, or off, depending on its state when you perform the gesture:

One thing to note is that WaveOff does not unlock your iOS device if it’s locked. All it does is turn the screen on or off. Because of this, the tweak only works when the device is already unlocked, such as when you're on the home screen or in an application. With that being the case, the tweak makes a good combination with setting the iOS Auto-lock feature to "Never" so that you can use this tweak to turn off the screen when not in use rather than locking the iPhone.

WaveOff seems to be a cool tweak to play with; it doesn't have any complex options to configure either. If you want to give it a try, it's available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99˘ right now.

Name: WaveOff
    Price: 99˘
    Version: 1.0.2-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Nick Allen
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks

Video review: WaveOff - YouTube

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tried this tweak and works well until i started playing games. When you hold your phone sideways and one hand is in front sensor it seems to pause the gameplay and trying to decide if your hand in front is a wave or not, makes it very unusable for games especially clash of clans, so its uninstalled for now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it had a free trial, I would test it, but I am not paying $0.99 for a tweak that I can't test anymore. I have been burned too many times for that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cmwade77 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (09-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice app, should have an option to enable/disable rather than unistalling when you dont want to use it. Works well on i5 but sometimes can get annoying when playing games or even with swiping from top of the screen.