Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Anemo' Offers Beautifully Simple Quick-reply Functionality for Text Messaging

Default 'Anemo' Offers Beautifully Simple Quick-reply Functionality for Text Messaging

For those of you that like the idea of a really simple quick reply option for text messaging, check out a new jailbreak tweak called Anemo by iOS development team Ałtweaks.

Anemo takes after a concept that we showed you almost one year ago. Show above, when you receive a notification banner for a text message or an iMessage, there will be a button on the end of the banner that you can tap on to reveal a reply interface. After you’ve entered the text that you want to send, you can either tap the Send button to fire off the message or the Cancel button to cancel.

Currently, this is the extent of the tweak. Coming up in version 1.0 of Anemo will be the ability to quickly compose text messages and the ability to quick reply to text messages from the lock screen and from notification center, as well as much more.

Anemo doesn't yet have any options to configure, but this could change in the future as more features are added. If you want to get started with Anemo, you can get it from Cydia's BigBoss repository for $2.99.

Name: Anemo
    Price: $2.99
    Version: 0.8
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Ałtweaks
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-08-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo in title

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), mero4400 (09-08-2013)

Not enough functionality for 2.99, but I am interested in seeing how this develops.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anmiller07 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (09-08-2013)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

This is a great tweak and I'll definitely be getting it, however, $3.00 for it? IMO, that's kinda expensive for something as simple as this. $3.00 isn't a lot, I know, but still, for something this simple, it shouldn't cost $3.00.

This concept has taken a lot of time to develop into a true tweak. Jack and Sentry have committed to frequent updates (in the style of MiniPlayer). This tweak is well worth the $2.99. It will become a flagship tweak over time with the amount of updates it will receive.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blake_olinger For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

Bitesms?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuff Said For This Useful Post:

aorowe (09-09-2013)

Ugh and I have messages+

I'll stick to bitesms for now.

Thanks

bitesms is like $1-2 more and offers this plus way more

Message+ does this and it's cheaper

How is messages+ cheaper?

Just bought this i like it a lot cant wait for some themes.

This is a simple and elegant solution I have been waiting for. Awesome!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,286 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by urkel782 View Post
    Message+ does this and it's cheaper
    Messages+ is $7.99 isn't it? Not exactly cheaper. I always found that tweak a bit buggy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

Messages+ works just fine for me. I may look into this when they add the lock screen functionality...if I don't forget about it. I agree with some others though, $2.99 seems high at this point. I understand the commitment they've made to adding more features at a later time, but that promise doesn't do anything to make me spending the money now any easier. In my opinion they should have just waited to release the tweak when more of the features had been added.

Quote Originally Posted by bcon1208 View Post
    Messages+ works just fine for me. I may look into this when they add the lock screen functionality...if I don't forget about it. I agree with some others though, $2.99 seems high at this point. I understand the commitment they've made to adding more features at a later time, but that promise doesn't do anything to make me spending the money now any easier. In my opinion they should have just waited to release the tweak when more of the features had been added.
    Im with you on the lock screen functionality, i bought this and didn't realize that i cant QR on lock screen so hopefully it will be available soon. As for the price i think its fine i rather pay 2.99 than 6.99 or 7.99 whatever price Bitesms is, for me the only reason i like bitesms is because of the QR, so its perfect for me to pay 2.99 for just QR. I had bitesms but i had to transfer the license to my wifes phone since we cant use it on other devices, which is BS btw. But my wifes loves this tweak better so im gonna install on hers and its for multiple devices so even better. Cheers!

No lock screen functionality? Seriously? That's the reason biteSMS is the first tweak I get every time I JB. What's the point of this if you can't have that basic functionality?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to edwilk55 For This Useful Post:

BhadKarma (09-09-2013)

I feel like this could develop Into a good tweak. I use bite SMS as well for the exact same reasons as everyone else. Lol. This tweak is smooth tho. Doesn't hang or glitch at all on my device If they will hurry up with lock screen QR. this tweak could take over like color keyboard did with iAcess. Remove the bulk garbage app and give us the tweak we want. I think this could gain steam and be a good thing.

Just have to wait and see.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

iOS 7 will do this right? So what's the point?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,286 Times in 7,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mariousmc View Post
    iOS 7 will do this right? So what's the point?
    I don't believe iOS7 does this.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

hemptation (09-17-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast