+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacker Teases Jailbreak on iPhone 5 Running iOS 6.1.4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Sage Get a google voice number and you can make it work with some apps... I used my first iPhone for months without a plan from anyone...
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    Get a google voice number and you can make it work with some apps... I used my first iPhone for months without a plan from anyone... I just had to have wifi to make and receive calls and texts... I was waiting for a jailbreak for 3.1.3 so I could unlock my phone and go to Tmobile... I made the mistake of updating the firmware on that 3G before I ever even used it...
    I have it, I've never set up the phone, maybe I will if I lose my service. I sold my old iPhone 4 32 gig to a friend for a 2 Tb external drive and a 750 gb hybrid drive. The hybrid drive was a risk but I set it up in my media PC and now Performance Test pegs me out with an 850 score whereas all I could get from it with a SATA drive was 350.

The guy I sold it to, didn't have an AT&T account, can't get one, but instead he bought a satellite hotspot and installed that tapatalk app and it even allowed him to use his previous phone number. I'm sure it would work just as we'll with Googol Voice.

I was asking 500 bucks for that phone on c-list, I think I got what I needed, it was 5.1.1 jail broken which had been the most solid JB and OS combo I had until 6.1.2 came out with evasi0n 1.5 which came out the same week as iOS 6.1.2. But he kept on adding stupid repositories and he broke his Cydia. I told him to bring it to me so u can fix it, I can even do the semi tether 6.1.3 JB. But I basically used 5.1.1 and jailbreak as selling points.

I wish the full source code for this tweak would be released. So basically this news is telling us there are guys running about with 6.1.3 JB'd but we just can't get the JB.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Since some of the older iPods and iPhones can't be upgraded to iOS 7, a jailbreak for 6.1.3/6.1.4 firmware would be awesome. But I'm sure this won't happen anytime soon, if ever.

jb4
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldafunk View Post
    I didn't realise I was at school and was going to be marked down on my written sentences. Obviously I made a mistake which I didn't notice
    realize not realise. Realise isn't a word. Since school is in session for you. Lol
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jb4 For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (09-08-2013), Sage I (09-11-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jb4 View Post
    realize not realise. Realise isn't a word. Since school is in session for you. Lol
    Realize is used by North America

Realise is used by the rest of the world

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), KraXik (09-09-2013), pauldafunk (09-08-2013), Scheuerle (09-09-2013)

Thanks

Learn to speak English rather than American before you make statments that make you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

At the end of August, we shared how iOS hacker winocm had managed to create a binary that could untether a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 on an iPhone 4. The same hacker has been hard at work on other projects as well.

One such project appears to be a jailbreak for the iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. The hacker on Saturday shared screenshots on Twitter of an iPhone 5 running Cydia version 1.1.8 on iOS 6.1.4. The screenshots show an AT&T version, as well as a Verizon version (shown above).

Currently there is no public untethered jailbreak for the latest version of Apple’s iOS operating system, so folks have only been able to jailbreak an iPhone 5 running firmware as late iOS version 6.1.2. That said, this discovery is pretty huge and we look forward to learning more.
    Nothing he has published is harmful. But I really wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Last edited by confucious; 09-08-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

KraXik (09-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerber24 View Post
    i need now jb
    With iOS 7 there is almost no need for a jailbreak. Like I have found a total of 2 stupid reasons but that's it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I never do like the posts that correct other people's grammar/spelling mistakes. Things happen, you do not know the writer so you don't know if they are typing on a tiny keyboard or if they are rushing or whatnot.

That said, "Realise" is a word. It may not be the common spelling amongst Americans but it doesn't mean it's not a word.
    Open your eyes/minds, there are other country/people/culture on this earth besides Americans.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tristan34044 For This Useful Post:

KraXik (09-09-2013), pauldafunk (09-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    Should I donwgrade from Beta 6 to ios 6.1.4?
    Yes. Dont get stuck with ios 7.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I'd love an unlock for my already jailbroken phone
    Ain't nobody working on unlocks no more?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    Should I donwgrade from Beta 6 to ios 6.1.4?
    I say no. Most features normal people jailbreak for are given to you on iOS 7 in my opinion. It's a waste to not update.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,261 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I say no. Most features normal people jailbreak for are given to you on iOS 7 in my opinion. It's a waste to not update.
    I say YES!! I have had iOS7 on my i5 after I lost my JB. It's crap, I hate it personally! So I bought another i5 on 6.1.X firmware. The UI is totally shocking! There was not 1 reason I could find that would make me update to iOS7! I will wait till the 7X JB is released & WB is functional then get a new iDevice so the UI can be changed.
    Perhaps it's a theme creator thing but me personally & this i5 will stay on iOS6 for as long as possible.

#GoldenAgeOfTheming

So yes I would be downgrading to 6.1.3/6.1.4 NOW incase a working JB is released. Sure Winocm's one is out but my guess is the new JB from the usual crew may include 6.1.3 right thru to 7.X if they can do it.

Worse case u will always be able to update if u want to as they won't close the 7X signing window as soon as the JB is out. Maybe within a few days but not immediately. I'd even download the 7X IPSW that the JB works on in advance if you are worried on missing the signing window, which is easily done when your iDevice is plugged into iTunes. Simply download ONLY.

The more ppl on iOS6 the better IMO.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 09-08-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe it's best if you just stop criticizing now. I'm embarrassed for you.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilpetabread For This Useful Post:

KraXik (09-09-2013), pauldafunk (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

It'd be nice if it was released RIGHT MEOW cuz I just put a brand new iPhone 5 up for auction (tomorrow) on eBay! I decided to burn one of my upgrades so I could make some decent cash for the ip5S!

http://r.ebay.com/S0KHhF

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Realize is used by North America

Realise is used by the rest of the world

Lol even I was thinking I'd spelt it wrong then I even googled it to make sure and got this

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid...
    28 Feb 2008 - Realise = correct in the UK, Australia, and other English-speaking nations using the English ...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,448 Times in 4,291 Posts

Yeah. We are really in the Golden Age of themeing right now with a Jailbroken iPhone 5. What I can do - iOS7 won't be able to touch until Winterboard is made compatible with it. Saurik's already said that will be a VERY LONG time to get it running with iOS7 since so much was changed. Don't get me wrong - iOS7 is a GAME CHANGER on every level.. not like the miniscule upgrade iOS6 was from iOS5.. BUT iOS7 has changed almost every fundamental way graphics are done. And Winterboard will have to be almost completely re-written, from what I'm reading, before it will work with a JB'ed iOS7, which, itself, will likely take until February again.

I was gonna buy a 5S immediately this time as I'd done for all iPhones prior to the 5.. but there's no WAY I'm giving up THIS v v v -- for iOS7 - no Jailbreak, no Winterboard..

Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-08-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah. We are really in the Golden Age of themeing right now with a Jailbroken iPhone 5. What I can do - iOS7 won't be able to touch until Winterboard is made compatible with it. Saurik's already said that will be a VERY LONG time to get it running with iOS7 since so much was changed. Don't get me wrong - iOS7 is a GAME CHANGER on every level.. not like the miniscule upgrade iOS6 was from iOS5.. BUT iOS7 has changed almost every fundamental way graphics are done. And Winterboard will have to be almost completely re-written, from what I'm reading, before it will work with a JB'ed iOS7, which, itself, will likely take until February again.

I was gonna buy a 5S immediately this time as I'd done for all iPhones prior to the 5.. but there's no WAY I'm giving up THIS v v v -- for iOS7 - no Jailbreak, no Winterboard..

I'm loving the theme you have there fella looks great miss my jail break so much

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pauldafunk For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,261 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

I don't think it's completely doom & gloom. I could be wrong but from the iOS7 beta IPSWs I've extracted under the hood it essentially looks the same.
    Same directory layout albeit a few new folders here & there. Icon & Apps wise there's still pngs for the iOS to build these. E.g keypad for Calculator & the font still added into the keys. I'd thought that would be code based now to pull natively from the iOS.

The major change is .car files for the other UI elements. These were .artwork files SO Apple have changed things up here. Essentially making it harder to extract. BUT there is an iOS7 UI Extractor via the iOS7SDK & Xcode5 app that pulls all pngs from all .car files. So it's not as code based heavy as ppl have been saying.

How WinterBoard is supposed function with the new changes i don't have a clue. Saurik knows a lot of ppl & i was asked to contribute but a few of the known Devs have stepped up.

#HaveFaith
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (09-10-2013), cerber24 (09-09-2013), Simon (09-09-2013)

Thanks

I Will Upgrade To iOS 7 And Yes I Will Regret It Later
    I Still Need JB On iOS 7:
    1. Safari Downloader
    2. Fake Signal Bars On My iPod
    3. iFile
    4. TTPod "Music Player"
    I Need Safari Downloader & iFile Badly
    Last edited by 2k1; 09-09-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    I Will Upgrade To iOS 7 And Yes I Will Regret It Later
    I Still Need JB On iOS 7:
    1. Safari Downloader
    2. Fake Signal Bars On My iPod
    3. iFile
    4. TTPod "Music Player"
    I Need Safari Downloader & iFile Badly
    All of those are useless except iFile which is only good because it allows root access. I have 3 different programs on my Mac that are much cleaner and nicer than iFile (but since I'm on 7 and have no JB I don't have root editing access). But if you do have one they usually allow you to edit that portion.
    Last edited by 2k1; 09-09-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks

I like the theme. As for the JB its not ready obviously.