Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Confirms BBM for iOS was submitted to App Store Two Weeks Ago

Thanks

Default BlackBerry Confirms BBM for iOS was submitted to App Store Two Weeks Ago

The BlackBerry Messenger iOS app has been imminent for quite some time now and more recently, a BlackBerry rep announced that the app was submitted for Apple’s App Store approval roughly two weeks ago. Word of the submission came recently from the Twitter account of BlackBerry’s Alex Kinsella where he wrote the following:

Just in case we forgot to mention," Kinsella wrote, "BBM for iPhone was submitted for review 2 wks ago. #waiting #BBM4ALL
    BlackBerry initially promised the app in May of this year saying it would arrive on both Android and iOS over the summer. According to Andrew Bocking, the executive vice president of Software Product Management and Ecosystem at BlackBerry:

The time is definitely right for BBM to become a multi-platform mobile service. BBM has always been one of the most engaging services for BlackBerry customers, enabling them to easily connect while maintaining a valued level of personal privacy. We’re excited to offer iOS and Android users the possibility to join the BBM community.
    As many of you already know, BBM was once the gold standard in mobile messaging with its secure interface and powerful tools. In the years since, its fortunes have mirrored those of BlackBerry with some of the users moving away to other platforms as the competition increased (mainly Android and iOS).

When the app does debut on iOS and Android, BlackBerry Messenger will face competition from services such as Apple’s iMessage, which reproduces many of BBM’s feature as well as its security but also Google’s Hangouts app, which allows for much of the same functionality and is deeply integrated into Google’s existing services. It will also go up against third-party apps like WhatsApp, which have a user base in the hundreds of millions as well.

According to BlackBerry, BBM has more than 60 million monthly active users and more than 51 million of those people use BBM for an average of 90 minutes per day. BBM customers send and receive more than 10 billion messages each day. We’ll have to see if the upcoming app is as successful as BlackBerry hopes for it to be.

Source: Twitter

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

One last fail eh BB..?

At least it will be multi platform instead of the limited iMessages

"It's the right time for bbm to go multi platform" no the right time was a couple years ago... Welcome to being behind the times
    Last edited by BhadKarma; 09-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

The right time would have been while blackberry was relevant. That time passed years ago. The ego of these Canadians blows my mind. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the approval is taking so long because they didn't think the rules applied to them and they started tossing private APIs in there willy-nilly. Google isn't interested because they already have their own multiplatform solution and Apple doesn't care because they think iMessage is enough.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

You can't get enough people to buy your own phone and use this yet someone with an iphone is supposed to care about this program?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac View Post
    One last fail eh BB..?
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I enjoy my z10 quite much the new os10 is like the iphone in its first stages.. just needs to get more apps then it will be sick.. like the bb hub. is awesome same with the keyboard functions. way better then the old BB OS.

Not sure if it will catch up to whatsapp. I use that for some people who are on BB or on the iPhone.

Rather stick with whatsapp

Thanks

HAHA! They should have submitted it in 2007. Too little too late.