+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Imgur App for iOS Updated With Pinch to Zoom, Progress Bars, Other Improvements

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default Imgur App for iOS Updated With Pinch to Zoom, Progress Bars, Other Improvements

On Saturday, Imgur launched an update for their free iOS application in the App Store, bringing the application up to version 1.2.0. Imgur was originally released in the App Store just last month and has become pretty popular since the release.

The update brings some great new features to the application to make your image viewing pleasures even better. For example, the application now offers progress bars for loading images, and for images that fail to load, they'll automatically retry. The update also adds the ability to pinch to zoom into pictures for that moment when you just canít quite see what youíre looking at.

In addition, when you tap on pictures, youíll no longer get interrupted with a popup with links for sharing the picture. This keeps you from accidentally opening things you donít want to. Instead, if you want to bring this up again, youíll have to tap and hold on the image to bring up the sharing links. It's a little harder to do this by accident, so this new implementation should be appreciated by users that would have accidentally opened the sharing popup constantly.

Numerous bugs were squashed in this update and security improvements were implemented too. Existing users of the Imgur application for iOS will find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of the Imgur application for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Am I the only one who isn't able to figure out how to save images to their idevice?

EDIT: nvm figured it out :P the new update seems to fix it
    Last edited by Iteh_skyss; 09-07-2013 at 03:19 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh good, I forgot I was using some old unofficial imgur app, this official one is much better.