Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'TapTapFolder' Adds New Launching Options to Your Folders

Default 'TapTapFolder' Adds New Launching Options to Your Folders

Folders are useful in iOS for when you have a lot of applications and want to keep them organized. It’s generally true, too, that we put our favorite applications first in the folder so that they're easily identified in the grid. That’s why all you folder users out there might like a new free jailbreak tweak called TapTapFolder by iOS developer Qusic.

TapTapFolder makes it so that you can choose to either open a folder, or open the first application in the folder. The tweak also gives you two gestures to choose from – tapping on the folder once, or tapping on it twice. You can assign each of the gestures to the function you want.

We recommend setting single-tapping to opening the folder and setting double-tapping to opening the first application in the folder. This is because it's harder to get used to having an application open instead of the folder when you tap it once because this is the normal gesture for opening a folder. You'll be able to set these gestures from the tweak's preferences pane in the Settings application:

By default, you’ll have to double tap on a folder to open it. Single tapping on the folder will open the first application in the folder. By enabling the “Reversed Behavior” option, you can make the tweak do the opposite.

You’ll also notice by default that the first application in the folder is expanded in the application icon to fill the whole folder. You can disable this feature by enabling the “Keep Folder Preview” option and respringing your device.

There is also a Double Tap Timeout slider that you can use to adjust the sensitivity of the folder to your double taps.

TapTapFolder seems to be a pretty interesting tweak that some folder users might find useful. If you want to give it a try, it’s available for free in Cydia’s BigBoss repository.

Name: TapTapFolder
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.2-1
    Requirements: At least 1 folder
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Qusic
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks
    Thanked 3,165 Times in 1,358 Posts

I still can't get this to work even after the update. Thought it was FolderEnhancer related but the dev said he's heard that others have it working w/ that tweak. Really wanted to enjoy this one

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I still can't get this to work even after the update. Thought it was FolderEnhancer related but the dev said he's heard that others have it working w/ that tweak. Really wanted to enjoy this one
    Could you help me try to reproduce your problem?

What tweaks have you got installed?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,165 Times in 1,358 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Could you help me try to reproduce your problem?

What tweaks have you got installed?
    Way too many!
    Springboard related, I have:
    Five-Column Springboard
    AppSwiper (another possible culprit)
    DisplayRecorder
    IconRenamer
    MultiIconMover
    Gridlock
    Wraparound
    FolderEnhancer
    DeepEnd
    Parallax
    Shrink
    HomescreenSettings
    Barrel
    ScrollingBoard

If you're looking for conflicts between SB tweaks then you should turn off your mobile substrate addons one at a time using SBSettings.