Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WSJ: Apple Working on an iPhone with a Screen Size up to 6" Diagonally

Damn, if they do come out with a bigger screen! Because I just bought my iPhone 5!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would definitely get a 5" iphone. I went to the xperia zl for the bigger screen and 5" seems perfect for me.

Im a fan for the big screens, 13 inch iPad!!!! its to big already. Unless apple can keep it the same size

Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    Please. Bigger might not be better but come on those screens look amazing.
    I agree

I would be happy with a 4.3" iphone or even 4.5 or 4.7" anything above that no thank you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kline1 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (09-06-2013)

I agree big phones may not be for everyone but at least there an option I would be interested in a 4.5 or a 4.8" but that would be it. I have small hands and I wouldn't mind trying out a Samsung but there way too big for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I highly doubt that they'll ever come out with a larger screen, Tim Cook says the 4" is perfect for a phone, and I agree. I like the 16x9 format, I didn't like the 5 at first when I bought it, but now other iPhones look fat lol.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I would love a bigger screen!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Their just trying to cover all markets. They see people buying into the galaxy and note. Some people do it for the android operating system and their are people that do it for the screen size.

Thanks

I feel a 4" and a 4.5" is fine. Anything larger and Apple will have to significantly raise the price of the phone. Im sure non of use want to pay more than we already have/are. I don't want a 5"+ screen as they don't fit well in any one's pockets. I was fine with the 3.5" until I got my iPhone 5 and I felt the 3.5" was just a bit too small. Just my opinion of course..there are my 2 cents :]

All I'm saying is imagine if apple made a phone that wide how big the battery or the processor would be. Apple says their phones don't need all that but with that screen real estate they don't have a choice but to fill it up

Thanks

All you tards complaining about a bigger iPhone,
    no one says YOU have to buy one.

The bigger one will most likely be available along side the small one, to be an option size for the many of us who do want it.

it will also bring people back to iPhone, who left to get a bigger screen from other companies who were offering it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LudaChris For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (09-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    I hope not that would almost be like making a call from a I pad mini
    To be honest I'm 6'2 and can easily palm a basketball. It would probably look normal in my hand lol.

People seem to like buying 5" phones. I don't see any disappointing sales figures for the S3 or S4. With android commanding half of worldwide mobile browsing now how long will it take for web designers to design web pages for the larger phones and leave the smaller iPhone in the dust?

As far as your pocket goes…you shouldn't have your phone in your hip pocket anyways. If people are scared of what radiation can do to your brain while talking on the phone imagine what it can do to your reproductive organs (especially men) considering your phone spends more time in your pocket than it does next to your head. Now with background processes which use your data connection that is a real issue we should be thinking of.
    Last edited by bigbaba; 09-06-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks

I wrote to Apple back in june,

A version of the new iPhone, needs to be the exact size difference between the i5 and the iMini. (for the many of us that would like a bigger iPhone). Which happens to be, 161.9mm x 96.65mm (10.8 taller and 16.15 wider than the Galaxy Note II), with a screen size of 128.1 x 89.1mm . the screen diagonal is 6.25".
    This iphone is perfect size, it still fits in the back pocket, and doesn't need to be used one handedly.
    This version of new iPhone also needs, a quad core processor, 2-4GB of RAM, NFC, 2.5x the battery of the i5, fingerprint unlock, real 1080p, 802.11ac wifi ready, LTE Max enabled, 15 MP rear camera, 8 MB front camera, retina display.
    This iPhone would definitely make a lot of dedicated iPhone users ecstatic, and would attract many of the other smartphone users over to iPhone.
    If you could have this iPhone out for june 2014 that would be perfect. ...not bits & pieces added yearly, all of it at once.
    ...if any or all of my ideas for the next iPhone are used, im not looking for a cut of the proceeds or anything like that, im just offering up what alot of us want, and we dont want to go elsewhere to get it.

Thanks

I'm still on a 4 and haven't been dazzled by the larger screens yet... I'll be buying the 5s in a few months and will be happy having the screen a lil bit taller but the width the same... I definitely know people who just want a big screen and don't really care about the os or phone manufacturer... So, if apple adds a phablet to it's lineup they'll get some customers that made the exodus away from apple to return... I don't really care what size screens they make as long as they don't limit me to a phablet only... Options are good...

Guys, i dont understand, why is it that some of you are saying apple should not make a bigger iphone like if they did it would be the end of the world, if apple made a bigger iphone im sure they would still have the tiny 4" screen ones still available, u guys make it seam like its impossible for both sizes to co-exist. Samsung and htc have made galaxy s3 and s4 minis and htc one minis that are smaller than the flagship bigger brother but yet still bigger than the iphone, is it that apple doesnt have the technology to produce a bigger iphone and have the tiny ones co-exist? will there be an app issue or something? What is so damn hard for these geniuses to figure out? Some people want bigger iphones!!!!! They can offer different sizes for who wants it!!! Just do it already!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This will eventually happen, but it Apple is unlikely to drop the 4" screen. Instead the budget range (soon to be occupied by the 5C) will likely sport a smaller screen with the flagship model of the future bearing a larger screen. I seriously doubt Apple would up the screen size (thus increasing the cost of materials) just after introducing a budget device. Small for the cheaper phone and large for the pricier phone. The more the merrier.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

An iPhone more than 4.87 inches is a plasma TV for me... I hate to see people with a NOTE hanging with a belt clip on their belt... reminds me back in the days the old motorola beepers. A bigger phone for me, is like we are going backwards.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    An iPhone more than 4.87 inches is a plasma TV for me... I hate to see people with a NOTE hanging with a belt clip on their belt... reminds me back in the days the old motorola beepers. A bigger phone for me, is like we are going backwards.
    I'm sorry, but small phones are going out of fashion - deal with it.
    I think what you need is a simple feature phone for calls and texts - since you obviously don't browse on it ... because 4" is woefully inadequate for that.

There are people that like small screens. I tried using a buddies 5" phone and too retarded for my hands. I'd like a 4.5 that's it

Quote Originally Posted by LudaChris View Post

it will also bring people back to iPhone, who left to get a bigger screen from other companies who were offering it.
    Like me. I left after the 5 was released and they just made it longer. Tbh I hate android but I bought a GSIII just for the larger screen. I'd love to come back to iOS but definitely not until they make the screens bigger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast