+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Mobile Web Share Falls to 55% Compared to its 66% Last August

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's Mobile Web Share Falls to 55% Compared to its 66% Last August

Although Apple has been getting beaten out by Android in terms of the sheer number of smartphones sold, iOS users have still managed to capture the lion’s share of worldwide mobile web share. That being said, it seems like the size of their pie is slowly shrinking. According to the latest survey from NetApplications, iOS’ worldwide mobile web share has dropped 11% since August of 2012. While iOS is still at the top with 54.9%, Android has risen from 20.9% in August 2012, to 28.1% in August 2013.

As noted by Fortune’s Phillip Elmer-Dewitt, Apple likes to use NetApplications' monthly web usage reports as part of the statistics they discuss at events. That being said, since there is a drop in the survey’s findings, it’ll be interesting to see if Cook ends up using the information for the company’s latest numbers at next week’s iPhone event.

It’s likely that the numbers will change though with the introduction of both the next-gen iPhone 5S as well as the much anticipated iPhone 5C. If Apple can successfully break the barrier into the low-end market, iOS usage should technically increase significantly. We’ll just have to wait and see though.

Source: NetApplications via Fortune

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

That just makes sense; although, I wonder why Android doesn't lead this already. Do Android users not browse as much? If not, why???

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    That just makes sense; although, I wonder why Android doesn't lead this already. Do Android users not browse as much? If not, why???
    To busy changing roms and over clocking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think I am usually busy playing games on my android rather than searching for a free app on the app store

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Honestly safari is just way faster then androids slow browser. Faster searches = more data usage.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amanda30 View Post
    I think I am usually busy playing games on my android rather than searching for a free app on the app store
    I never use the AppStore but I'm ALWAYS on my phone. So there must be another reason