+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ActionsNotifier' Notifies You of Different Kinds of Actions in iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Are you looking for a tweak that will put a notification banner up for several different kinds of actions? If so, then a free jailbreak tweak called ActionsNotifier by iOS
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Default 'ActionsNotifier' Notifies You of Different Kinds of Actions in iOS

Are you looking for a tweak that will put a notification banner up for several different kinds of actions? If so, then a free jailbreak tweak called ActionsNotifier by iOS developer freemanrepo might be for you.

The tweak will notify you via notification banner whenever you do any of the following things:

• Start a new song or video in a media application
    • Uninstall an application from the home screen
    • Connect or disconnect the USB sync cable
    • Connect or disconnect the headphones
    • Connect to a Wi-Fi network
    • Fully charge your battery

The tweak adds a preferences pane to the Settings application where you can enable and disable notifications for each of the situations listed above. If the tweak doesn't work for you at first, you will need to disable and then re-enable each of the individual options for it to work:

There is also a button here where you can request that the developer adds support for banner notifications for other events as well.

If you would like to give ActionsNotifier a try, then it's available for free in Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: ActionsNotifier
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: freemanrepo
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is an app that tells you when and WHAT app is using your location? Sometimes the little location symbol pops up when I'm just at the home screen and I'd like to know what app it is. When I try to go to settings to see what location arrow is purple, it always seems to stop using my location as I'm about to see...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an app that tells you when and WHAT app is using your location? Sometimes the little location symbol pops up when I'm just at the home screen and I'd like to know what app it is. When I try to go to settings to see what location arrow is purple, it always seems to stop using my location as I'm about to see...
    That's why there should be a list of most recent applications that used it. You'd think Apple would've realized by now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Chibichuba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    You can go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services. In there, it will have a list of apps that are allowed to use your location, and icons next to the app name that show when it was last used, that can give you a better idea of what app used it that moment, if not the exact app.

If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!------------------------------------ v v v v v v

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chibichuba View Post
    You can go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services. In there, it will have a list of apps that are allowed to use your location, and icons next to the app name that show when it was last used, that can give you a better idea of what app used it that moment, if not the exact app.
    Homie, read what I said lol. I said I try and go there but it always seems to stop using my location right before I get there. It will be colored purple if its currently using it or colored white if it was used recently. No matter how quick I move, I can never get there while its purple.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    That's why there should be a list of most recent applications that used it. You'd think Apple would've realized by now.
    another Android goodie available via jailbreak.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-02-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not sure that I fully understand the purpose of this app:

Start a new song or video: Surly, this can either be heard or seen.
    Uninstall an application: This action is so deliberate that you know you have done it.
    Connect /disconnect USB cable: Surely you must know you have just done this.
    Connect to WiFi: There is a built in icon on the left of the status bar that tells me this.
    Fully charge the battery: There is a built in icon on the right status bar that indicates this.

So why do we need this in a notification? Am I missing a point? If not, then this is another app written for the sake of it with no useful function whatsoever!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    I'm not sure that I fully understand the purpose of this app:

Start a new song or video: Surly, this can either be heard or seen.
    Uninstall an application: This action is so deliberate that you know you have done it.
    Connect /disconnect USB cable: Surely you must know you have just done this.
    Connect to WiFi: There is a built in icon on the left of the status bar that tells me this.
    Fully charge the battery: There is a built in icon on the right status bar that indicates this.

So why do we need this in a notification? Am I missing a point? If not, then this is another app written for the sake of it with no useful function whatsoever!
    Lmao exactly what I thought when I read it lol