+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mophie's Juice Pack for iPhone 5 Gets Colorful

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple isn't the only one who can bring a splash of color to the iPhone experience (assuming the colorful rumors regarding the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C prove to be
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Mophie's Juice Pack for iPhone 5 Gets Colorful

Apple isn't the only one who can bring a splash of color to the iPhone experience (assuming the colorful rumors regarding the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C prove to be true).

Mophie's juice pack helium battery case for the iPhone 5 is getting five new color options. The popular battery-extending cases for Apple's current-generation iPhone are now available in seven colors, we're told.

In addition to the established dark metallic and silver color choices, the cases now come in blue, red, purple, pink, and green.

If you're not familiar with the juice pack helium, the ultra-thin 1500mAh protective battery case provides your iPhone 5 with up to 80% extra battery life, the company says.

The product still retails for $79.95 and, according to the official Mophie website, the full line-up of cases and their assorted colors is now ready to ship.

Source: Mophie

Thanks

A few of my co-workers tested these out and didn't like them. The charge was inconsistent and the case if very bulky. I am sure it does its job when you need it. I for one would not want this on my phone all the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,437 Times in 4,285 Posts

I've had it for a while and it works as described..
    1)It's a little thicker than I was hoping for
    2) it goes back to the " round back " vibe of iPhone 3/3GS if you like that. I don't..
    3) Gets pretty hot when charging the iPhone..
    4) Adds almost as much weight to the iPh5 as the iPh5 itself
    4) Elongates the iPh5 by another 1/2 inch.. This is what I like the least..

But having all the battery I could possibly need for "everything on" and lots of jail break animations - makes it "priceless". Though at times I do just carry my charger with me and go naked (phone, that is) for that day.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I've had it for a while and it works as described..
    1)It's a little thicker than I was hoping for
    2) it goes back to the " round back " vibe of iPhone 3/3GS if you like that. I don't..
    3) Gets pretty hot when charging the iPhone..
    4) Adds almost as much weight to the iPh5 as the iPh5 itself
    4) Elongates the iPh5 by another 1/2 inch.. This is what I like the least..

But having all the battery I could possibly need for "everything on" and lots of jail break animations - makes it "priceless". Though at times I do just carry my charger with me and go naked (phone, that is) for that day.
    I like it too, but I ended up switching over to the Mojo Refuel by ibattz. Interchangeable batteries ! I love it. You're only limited by the number of batteries you have charged.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have one for my 4s and its nice when you need it. No it doesn't feel like the phone however who cares when you need battery! I really like mine. Love that you can choose colors now!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

Bought a few of them over the years. Not bad use most when going outdoors...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got one in dark gray a few weeks ago and I love it. Surprisingly it feels good in my hands, not too thick. I also love how I can switch it on or off when I don't need it.

I just got one a few weeks ago and I love it. Surprisingly, it feels good in my hands, not too thick. I also love how I can switch it on or off when I don't need it.
    Last edited by hogcia; 08-30-2013 at 09:52 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

My 4/4S mop hoe case was not worth the 80$. Way too bulky and only really charged fully every now and then. My new incipio case I got for 3$ at an excess product outlet works way better and is MUCH thinner and shorter. Well worth it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I've owned one for my 4s and 5. One thing I do not like is you have to remove the case to to sync or download photos to your computer. It will only charge while the case is on. This wasn't the case with the 4s just the new 5 case. Also using headphones you need an adapter since the bottom is longer.
    The first one I bought broke and didn't charge. Mophie requested I send it back to them before they sent me a replacement. The replacement works now. Otterbox sent me a new case without sending the old one back. Mophie just acted like we the customer was out to get them when it comes to warranty replacements.

Thanks

I paid $49 shipped for mine on eBay. Yes, it's legit.

Thanks

Yes.. On eBay mine was about $60 new.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

The case just to bulky meh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    The case just to bulky meh
    It's really not that bulky at all, you have to hold it to believe it. Mophie makes the BEST battery cases out there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

It's bulky I got mine for my iPhone 5 on eBay for 50 definitely worth the money

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hope they fix the signal issue. I have had two juice pack airs that have messed with my signal.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,776 Times in 6,872 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    Hope they fix the signal issue. I have had two juice pack airs that have messed with my signal.
    Had same experience. With it on always was a bar or two lower than without.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Had same experience. With it on always was a bar or two lower than without.
    Hmm. No signal strength difference on my iPh5.. I can see how it may have been a problem on an iPh4 given that phone's well-known antenna problems. But I've tested signal strength with it on a off. I see no difference.

Thanks

I had one for my 4 and loved it. It is bulky and adds significant weight. I do a lot of music festivals/raves, so it's nice to have that extended battery life for all those pics/videos I take, on top of adding protection. Recently I bought a generic case for my 5. It was only like $50 so I gave it a go. It looks just like real deal without the Mophie name.

The BIGGEST downside for me is no passthrough for the lightning connector. With the 4, you could sync with the case on, but it was still a problem for me since I play all my music in my car thru the iPhone. I have to take it out of the case to connect it to my car since it doesn't have bluetooth streaming for music, only calls.

That's one thing I miss about my Honda, I had USA-Spec's BT-35 bluetooth adapter that gave me streaming AND calls to the factory radio and steering wheel controls. I could keep my iPhone charging with the Mophie on and still play music. The Mini Cooper now will only play through it's iPhone adapter and even then audio is analog. So I have to use the iPhone adapter, and iPod/iPhone 30pin 12" extension cable since the adapter BMW gives you is like 6 inches long, plus the Apple 30pin to Lightning adapter. Damn you Mini(BMW)!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

lilpetabread (09-04-2013)