Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumored iPhone Trade-In Program at Apple Becomes Reality... Today

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Rumored iPhone Trade-In Program at Apple Becomes Reality... Today

We were told it's coming, and now it has arrived.

On Friday, Apple officially launched a widely-rumored iPhone trade-in program across the United States, just as Best Buy introduces a weekend-long promotion offering the iPhone 5 for 50% off with a functional iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S trade-in.

CNBC's John Fortt confirmed the news this morning, adding that the program is not temporary and will be available at Apple stores everywhere in the United States effective immediately. As of this writing, Apple is yet to formally announce the program on its website.

All we can tell you with certainty at this point is that customers who bring in a working older-gen iPhone will be eligible to receive credit toward the purchase of a newer model.

We will keep you posted as more details emerge.

Source: CNBC

Thanks

That is great! Sounds like GameStop :]

I'll keep my 4S even when I get the 5S on release day only because I like having other devices I can mess around with, like keeping my iPod jail broken on 6.1.2 instead of updating to iOS 7 like I did with my 4S and so on.

If i bring in two can i get it free?

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    Probably not, but you could buy 2 at half price and then sell one of them for full price.

Is it 50% off the full retail price or the 2 years contract price?

Quote Originally Posted by zygersaf View Post
    Probably not, but you could buy 2 at half price and then sell one of them for full price.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

Kinda a curious, why are they trying to get these old gen iDevices? Recycling?

hmm, I wonder what I could get for my old 4S. Whatever it is, I'm guessing it's not as good of a deal as just selling it myself with it jailbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbacks View Post
    Streamlining. If we all have the latest iDevices the system wide upgrades (Apps/iOs7/lightning connector) will all work nicely together meaning lots of happy customers. Also these older devices can be jailbroken and toyed with, whereas a new iPhone running iOS7 is pretty secure from Apple's point of view. Do not give up you older devices is my advice. Beware the lure of the seemingly 'good deal'.
    If my options are older jailbroken device vs newer unjailbroken, I'll go older and jailbroken any time.

Thanks

It's one iPhone for one new iPhone. Doesn't include unlocked/full priced device. You can't bring 4 working devices and apply that to multiple new phones. One for one y'all.

Yes, I asked about this a couple weeks ago at my local Apple Mall store and Apple is recycling the old iPhones so they are properly disposed of.

Will I be able to get a galaxy s4. The iPhone 5s won't be worth the trade in. No real worthwhile improvement and same old squinty screen!!

my guess is that apple know's that there products has a very high resale value. with that said, if they take it off the streets.. then folks would be forced to buy the new apple products. it's actually a brilliant idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kickerman65 View Post
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you guys think id get for my current iphone 5 64GB still inside of the one year warranty???, for i purchased it in december 20, 2012.