Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 could be about to go down

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rs-studios View Post
    I cant use my phone. I could care less about the double tap, just want to be able to use my phone. hehe.
    wasnt there are big post that says DO NOT UPGRADE?

Talking 1.0.2 Good?
    Honestly my iPhone OOB was good but I didn't LOVE it until I added all the great mods and Springboard. Luckily I held at 1.0.2 until the new unlock method is worked out.
    All Steve has to do to make his new cool product awesome is look at what we're doing and officially do it in the coming upgrades...right?

Quote Originally Posted by ijustin View Post
    I am completely satisfied with 1.0.2. I can deal without the wifi music store (I would spend a crapload of money), but the double tap would be nice but Ive managed without it for 2 months. So I dont understand why everyone just cant deal with 1.0.2. Is it that bad? IMO I love it!

this is great news! but i think the team should've waited til after the release of leopard to release this info. now apple can fix it with the next update due at the end of the month when leopard drops. but i guess it doesnt matter cause the dev's will break that sooner or later also

wasnt there are big post that says DO NOT UPGRADE?
    I had a 1.0.2 phone, but I restored the day the update came out, to try to activate my phone, but not knowing that it will update the phone. I never unlocked my phone before. Now I am downgraded on 1.0.2, but with the new baseband.

I just cant call and text and phone stuff.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rs-studios View Post
    I had a 1.0.2 phone, but I restored the day the update came out, to try to activate my phone, but not knowing that it will update the phone. I never unlocked my phone before. Now I am downgraded on 1.0.2, but with the new baseband.

I just cant call and text and phone stuff.
    I beleive there is a fix for that:

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9021

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Honestly my iPhone OOB was good but I didn't LOVE it until I added all the great mods and Springboard. Luckily I held at 1.0.2 until the new unlock method is worked out.
    All Steve has to do to make his new cool product awesome is look at what we're doing and officially do it in the coming upgrades...right?
    And so you can pay for it and keep lining Steve-O's pockets?
    Last edited by ijustin; 10-04-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omnitool View Post
    The link you provided has this link:
    http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Decrypt...uffer_Overflow

which has a link to this tiff:
    http://az.staticsolution.com/run_0995.tif

... any brave souls wanna try this out?
    I clicked on the first one, lol , safari crashed. didn't go for the sec ;p

Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    Lets just say the PSP modders actually made a battery and using a memory card could flash ANY firmware.
    Yep, Pandora's Battery is pretty cool, and I get a lot of a month from installing custom firmwares on PSPs and putting custom XMB themes and homebrew on there
    "Hey, I thought you said that guy was dead!"
    "No, what I said was he sleeps with the fishes"
    Windows is not a virus, viruses do something.

thanks DEV Team'

and thanks mod my iphone for keeping us all up to date!!!!!
    Last edited by mikef; 10-04-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    3.0 3g *******

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wow, this is great news

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I applaud the dev team (have donated, and will again) but maybe we shouldn't tell Apple how this is being done. I know they will figure it out and issue a patch but no need to help them, just a thought.
    And another blow is dealt to the Borg, it makes me smile. :-)
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

rad job guys can't wait to use this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This reminds me of the PSP scene. Sony releasing updates to prevent pirating, and the open source bringing out something to overcome it. Even the PSP had the tiff exploit for images.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
    This reminds me of the PSP scene. Sony releasing updates to prevent pirating, and the open source bringing out something to overcome it. Even the PSP had the tiff exploit for images.
    I'm am definitely not well versed in the technicalities, but unlike PSP, the iPhone Safari app is not integrated into the OS. It may be quite a bit easier to patch the exploit.

Time will tell...
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB

Nothing like having a hacked psp along side my hacked iphone.

Default Uninstalling lockdown
    Can anyone tell me how I can uninstall lockdown on my 1.0.2 iphone?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm898s For This Useful Post:

junbi82 (10-04-2007)

see page 1 - "Once they jailbreak 1.1.1 they'll produce a hack for the file lockdownd and will allow your phone to work normally!"

Default Tough question..
    Hmm..interesting point.

I have no problem paying a 'reasonable' fee (insert your own definition here) for products, functions or music that is worth it to me..even if just for the simple economics of funding newer & better products. Will I buy Leopard when it comes out (even though I KNOW there will be a million free sources for it)? Absolutely.

Would I prefer to have all the apps I have now be official and supported by Apple..definitely.

When there was a risk of your (meaning the readers) phone being a paperweight due to adding functionality (and I don't mean unlocking to go with other carriers..that's a diff basket altogether) did you think for a second "I shouldn't have done it" or "I wish I could undo it"?
    Then I believe you would pay for an officially supported version (again on the assumption that it will be "fairly" priced) .

PLEASE understand I fully appreciate and support ALL the work everyone is doing on this. My reasons for modding is purely because the functionality is not available any other way. And as I said you have taken a so-so product and made it a stellar one IMHO.

And so you can pay for it and keep lining Steve-O's pockets?

should be soon? I HOPE

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome!
    But if its a safari flaw then when the next update comes (some have said it may be near the new leopord release), this could probably be patched pretty easily.

1.1.1 would be a nice upgrade though. I would definatly use the double tap, appreciate louder speaker volume, and on occasion use the wifi music store
    (although once I can get summerboard back on it, I'm definately moving the WiFi music store to not be visible on the main springboard page
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

This is great! My iPhone started acting up and getting glitchy with the tons of apps I put on there (I think Sodoku broke it), so I decided to just go back to stock and upgrade to 1.1.1. So far I love double tap and the speaker volume doesn't seem like that much of a difference. AV out is great. Only problem is that the screen looks stupid now. After having all the great themes and icon sets put of from all the talented people here on this board, the stock icons just look so subpar. Can't wait to be jailbroken again so I can have my iPhone looking nice again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast