Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Training Support Staff on iOS 7

Thanks

Default Apple Begins Training Support Staff on iOS 7

According to the folks over at 9to5Mac, AppleCare employees have begun training on support issues related to iOS 7. The site claims that the training must be completed by the second week in September, when Apple is expected to unveil the final version of iOS 7 for launch in the middle of the following week.

Since there are significant changes to the user interface in iOS 7, Apple is reportedly increasing the hours of part-time AppleCare support staff and requiring Mac and OS X AppleCare technicians to cross train in iOS 7 in order to be ready for heavy anticipated call volume. The following was mentioned regarding the topic:

The iOS 7 training focuses on some of the more critical features of iOS. Apple seems to want to push the Find my iPhone Activation Lock feature. This option requires the customerís iCloud username and password for an iOS Device to be inputted to active a found iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

[Ö]

Other features that AppleCare will heavily push and become knowledgable about include the new iCloud Photo Sharing options, the redesigned Camera app, the more feature-rich Safari browser, Control Center, and AirDrop file-sharing.
    The Cupertino California company seems to be putting a special emphasis on the design differences between iOS 6 and iOS 7. Support employees are currently being shown how the actual functionality has not changed in most apps though the design looks significantly different in iOS 7. As of right now, the final version of iOS 7 is expected to be unveiled on September 10 at the media event where both the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C are said to be unveiled. Apple typically releases the new version of iOS the following week, just ahead of the launch of the new iPhone model, so stay tuned for more info.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Remind me what improvements were made to Safari again, I can't remember off the top of my head. Also, there are 4 Microsoft ads bashing Google to the right of this page.

Hey guys ive been wondering... Ios 7 has a lot of UI changes and probably lots of new codes... So does this mean that finding new exploits will be easier?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 1,387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    Hey guys ive been wondering... Ios 7 has a lot of UI changes and probably lots of new codes... So does this mean that finding new exploits will be easier?
    Probably! But they already have a jailbreak even though its not announced

--------------------------------
    So what's the training?
    "This is iOS 7. It looks different but almost works just like the old iOS.

Training complete! Lets take a test."
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-30-2013 at 06:53 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

thefinalhack (08-30-2013)

Thanks

I hope they pay attention this time. Seems like everytime I go to the Apple Store, I know more about iOS than the sales people.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I hope they pay attention this time. Seems like everytime I go to the Apple Store, I know more about iOS than the sales people.
    Lol. U couldn't be more spot on. Then u come across the people that think they know everything tech related.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Probably! But they already have a jailbreak even though its not announced

--------------------------------
    So what's the training?
    "This is iOS 7. It looks different but almost works just like the old iOS.

Training complete! Lets take a test."
    Test: how do you exit an application? Employees: I have no idea! Better just tell them they need a new iPhone.