+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GIVEAWAY] Celeste 2 Officially Released to the Public

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by dsg I don't know why Apple didn't implement Bluetooth fully, glad somebody did(again) sad isnt it? iDevices cant even talk to each other let alone other Bluetooth
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I don't know why Apple didn't implement Bluetooth fully, glad somebody did(again)
    sad isnt it? iDevices cant even talk to each other let alone other Bluetooth devices. Bluetooth does NOT work on iDevices - YouTube

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 773 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playboy6006 View Post
    Can you guys tell me the difference between this Celeste and AirBlue Sharing? Thanks.
    They both accomplish the same task, but Celeste 2 is the only Bluetooth sharing jailbreak tweak that uses Apple's Bluetooth Stack.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

playboy6006 (08-30-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Native Apple BT stack.. awesome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They both accomplish the same task, but Celeste 2 is the only Bluetooth sharing jailbreak tweak that uses Apple's Bluetooth Stack.

The only advantage I see so far with this is that you don't have to manually enable another stack. The rest is pure marketing blah blah. AirBlue Sharing got iOS6 compatible within 2 weeks after the Jailbreak got released. This one may well be already iOS7 compatible, but some dependencies (Action Menu above all) may not, and may take weeks to get updated given that Ryan petrich usually starts updating his paid tweaks first. Thus one of this approach's advantages still has to prove worth the hype.
    As for functionality...uhmmm...still have to send or receive stuff one by one (while AirBlue lets you deal with more file sin a batch), no WiFi transfer support (which will be rendered obsolete by iOS7's AirDrop, but for now that's it), and so on and so on. Still can't get the hype from some posts here, they look more a commercial than a real user experience. I really don't care which tweak wins, everyone has its own preferences, but just give credit to the fact that the possibility to transfer files with Bluetooth in iOS6 has been there for months instead of trying to make ppl think something revolutionary has been released yesterday.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Thanks, Anthony!

Quote Originally Posted by Fafner1976 View Post
    The only advantage I see so far with this is that you don't have to manually enable another stack...,

... but just give credit to the fact that the possibility to transfer files with Bluetooth in iOS6 has been there for months instead of trying to make ppl think something revolutionary has been released yesterday.
    I totally agreed. I heard a lots of bad reputations from this dev CocoaNuts as well. He/she/they tend to ignore almost every complain/feedback about problems of their apps from ppl... I think I better stick with AirBlue Sharing then!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

chance to win the tweak of my dreams

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Where does it save the files?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    He does that all the time. I've commented on it already, but I suppose he doesn't understand. The sentence should have said, "On Thursday, the highly anticipated Celeste 2..."

Maybe it's just me, but if the first sentence of an article has bad grammar associated with it, I normally will just skip the article entirely. Regardless of how interesting or informative it may be. The first line needs to be something that will catch the readers attention, not make them cringe.
    Who cares? Stop reading then. The world will not end because of a few grammatical errors. MMI do a great job, so stop bashing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by segma98 View Post
    Where does it save the files?
    /var/mobile/received

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Celeste 2 would be great to have, as it'd make sharing files between my Mac and iPhone a lot easier, since there'd be no risky SSH involved.

m13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Compatibility with iOS 7 would be a must since it is so imminent. Then again it is a free upgrade. All in all great news.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'd love to give this a shot. All my buddies have android and I hate being the rebel without functionality. lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did I win?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hehe i won!!! i sent an email with my cydia ID

Tkz mates

Thanks

All of the winners have been notified.

If you won, you have been asked via e-mail for your Cydia Account Number. Please check to see if you have won and respond as quickly as possible, as we will stop accepting responses within 36 hours as a courtesy to the developer.

Congratulations to everyone that won, and thanks to everyone that entered!

If you missed your chance, or didn't win and want to try again, @cocoanutapps is hosting a giveaway on Twitter right now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I never win any of these giveaways
    Why me so unlucky

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saafghan View Post
    I never win any of these giveaways
    Why me so unlucky
    Me too ;(

Thanks

All of the winners have received their copy of Celeste 2 .

Thanks

It took a hard reboot to make it work for me. The Cydia required respring was not enough. Works great now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just downloaded Celeste 2 to my iPhone 4S - works “almost” as advertised”. It transfers photo’s & files between my iMac & MacBookPro & iPhone perfectly after I confirmed popup window pairing codes, and it uses Apples internal bluetooth App. Here’s my problem - Celeste 2 searches & “sees” the pogo printer but continually fails to connect because no “pairing window” comes up that would initially allow me to put the “6000” pairing code in the first time. An error window instead pops up instead stating it can’t print - not paired - etc.... A technical intelligent answer or remedy would be appreciated, thank you !

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12