Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular Waze Navigation App Updated with Cleaner Map UI, Other Improvements

Default Popular Waze Navigation App Updated with Cleaner Map UI, Other Improvements

The highly popular Waze navigation application for iOS has Wednesday received an update bringing the application up to version 3.7.3.

Google acquired Waze in June of this year and has been slowly integrating many of its features including the Waze Incident Reports into the Google Maps application, but that doesn't stop Waze fans from using the Waze application itself, and it has just gotten better with today's update.

The update makes it so that the Map interface in the application appears much cleaner by only showing certain incidents and items on the map based on their distance from the user. In addition, duplicate reports are now grouped together under one to reduce the amount of clutter.

In addition, the Waze team added a new Sleep Mode, which will freeze the Waze navigation system and allow you to resume when you're ready rather than shutting down the navigation system altogether. Bug fixes and stability improvements were also a critical part of today's update.

Existing users of the Waze application will find the update under the Updates tab in the App Store. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of the Waze application from the iOS App Store via this link.

Sources: App Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd rather them just integrate more Waze features into Google Maps... merge them into ONE. Get all the Wazers onto Google Maps and let us report incidents in there and earn points from the Maps app. This will make the Google Maps app way more useful and dominant among the other maps in the App Store.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (08-29-2013)

Is this a better map app than googles maps?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    I'd rather them just integrate more Waze features into Google Maps... merge them into ONE. Get all the Wazers onto Google Maps and let us report incidents in there and earn points from the Maps app. This will make the Google Maps app way more useful and dominant among the other maps in the App Store.
    Not just no, but **** no. And **** Google Maps users contributing nothing and getting our ******* data.

Waze is the better app. Google should shitcan its own app and integrate their cartography into Waze.

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Is this a better map app than googles maps?
    Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I HATE that Google is ******* with it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginsu For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-29-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

It will be interesting to see how google continues to integrate Waze into their maps app. After all, the purchase is only justified by the users gained and traffic data provided by those users, both of which hinge on continued support of the app. Otherwise they paid a billion dollars (?) to eliminate a competitor and gain nothing in the process. Integrating Waze features into maps would be cool but I suspect the users of each service vastly differ. Waze users are involved and contribute while google maps users just consume. Of course, that's a gross generalization, but will those google maps consumers get confused by adding all the Waze features into google's maps? I suspect they will. Most people don't want to report the traffic, they just want to benefit from the data. As such, adding those features would add bloat to google maps that most people don't want. It's too bad though. I've tried Waze a number of times, and even contributed a handful of reports, but despite mostly accurate traffic and incident data, the routing was godawful. I hope Google sees the benefit of replacing the openmaps (?) mapping data used by Waze with their own more accurate maps and integrate their own routing software. Best of both worlds!
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Still have the Taco Bell adverts. Still doesn't search within contacts for names. Still alerts me to red light cameras and cops, why can't I turn this off? Still generates ridiculous instructions enough to make it untrustworthy.

Still Waze, in other words.

It does allow you to search contacts, you just type the name in the search field and they pop up and I feel this is the better app. It does its job and the police reports have saved me numerous times. This actually makes using GPS interactive and somewhat fun. I like the idea of a point system and slowly unlocking more features as you accumulate more points. Just wish you could add users outside of Facebook as I don't use Facebook anymore.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuff Said For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-29-2013)