Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chromecast iOS App Allows Users to Setup Streaming Device via Their iOS Device

Thanks

Default Chromecast iOS App Allows Users to Setup Streaming Device via Their iOS Device

Google recently released the official Chromecast application for iOS, giving both iPhone and iPad users the ability to set up the HDTV dongle from their iOS device. The app is a free download available on the iOS App Store. With it, users can set up Chromecast to work with their Wi-Fi network and manage settings with the device, such as the device name or Wi-Fi password.

The app can also be used to identify and set up multiple Chromecast devices. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, the $35 accessory was launched in July as a competitor to the Apple TV in the home theater streaming market. The hardware allows users to stream content from their mobile device to their TV, much like Apple’s AirPlay Mirroring which is available with the Apple TV. Furthermore, since it is a Google app, other official Google apps such as YouTube for iOS already include Chromecast support.

The official Chromecast app is a 6.2 MB download which is compatible with the iPhone 3GS or later and all iPad models. It should be noted that users will need to be running iOS 5.1 or later as well.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

its not available in my local store. Typical Apple.

Bought a CHROMECAST and found it would not recognize my two wifi networks on 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Thus could not set up. My ROKU had no problem. My wireless printer had no problem. My Apple TV 1 had no problem. CHROMECAST as mention in the comments section of amazon is having problems functioning for many.

I think I rather spend the extra $25 and buy a Roku 2 XS. Way more features/Chanel's and it comes with a remote!
    Last edited by hogcia; 08-28-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks

The price is right! What else can it do?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to put a ChromeCast in my car via AppRadio 3 and auto-HDMI self powered switch.
    Multiple HDMI inputs via auto-switch? (DashCam DVR & iPhone 5) - AppRadio, AppRadio 2, AppRadio 3 - AVIC411.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    its not available in my local store. Typical Apple.
    Apple doesn't choose where apps are sold that is the developer.

Chromecast is the easiest. The only tricky part is getting the sound to your sound system and the video to your TV. I use a Audio Video HDMI adapter. The Chomecast adapter plugs right into it.