+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Current Status of the iOS 7 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Feeding him doesn't help.
    2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Lol. Just give him more iPhone candy.

Thanks

Jailbreaks are getting far more difficult. I hope a JB will be released for iOS7 on the iP5 (because that's what I have) but people expect a JB for all devices straight away.

It is interesting to see just how little people understand of what actually goes on by reading threads like this.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Jailbreaks are getting far more difficult. I hope a JB will be released for iOS7 on the iP5 (because that's what I have) but people expect a JB for all devices straight away.

It is interesting to see just how little people understand of what actually goes on by reading threads like this.
    Yea it is getting harder and harder. The process is taking longer with ever new iOS build. It takes a long time to find vulnerabilities that apple hasn't patch in the builds.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That's why I threw in the towel on phones and went to Andriod. My iPad is on borrowed time unless this nonsense stops. Yes it's nicer and made more solid, but these ridiculous restrictions on what you can and can't do on you're device ..sigh. Look at all the trouble we have to go through to just what Andriod does right out of the box. It's sucks we have to sacrifice freedom for solid,beautiful design and stability. I love Apple stuff but geez enough is enough with the shackles. I mean every computer on earth has some access to files. ...we have to bust into our devices just to use a simple program like iFile.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Its too good to be true!!!
    The question is..is it stable and also what will happen if apple combats it...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,999 Times in 4,518 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recellseo View Post
    The question is..is it stable and also what will happen if apple combats it...
    Apple's philosophy, from day 1, has been: Same great stable reliable experience by ALL users.

That is only achieved by a locked down format. People messing with their phones internal firmware causes lots of issues for people even the most experienced of jail breakers. Imagine those issues over millions of people. Oh yeah, that's what the Android world is like.. Lol!!!

Apple doesn't want that. And the jailbreak community accounts for well under 10% of Apole users. We're simply not on Apple's radar.. an insignificant user base to them. .. They fix the exploits because they're a security risk - like any good software company would - and not just to piss us off..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (08-27-2013)

Thanks

I waited for a 3.1.3 jail break for 4 or 5 months... I've waited for a jail break for every major firmware update since and will once again wait to update to iOS 7 until one is out... There will always be an exploit found for every major release, it may take a while but we will have a jailbreak... Maybe this time we won't wait long... Imma be optimistic bout this next jailbreak... I kinda like the cat and mouse game of jail breaking...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

dsg (08-27-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You can find older iPads for sure with earlier firmwares but not iPhones. Apple recalls older stock.
    This is NOT true. Every new device I have gotten I wait until the jailbreak is released and go to AT&T, best buy, target, etc... and look at the serial number. Through the serial number you can figure out what FW is on the device. I'm not going to list how at this time but I have posted it several times within the forums. I have found devices more than 5-6 months old even at AT&T and best buy stores. Apple (stores) will not let you look through their inventory so you get what they give you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    I waited for a 3.1.3 jail break for 4 or 5 months... I've waited for a jail break for every major firmware update since and will once again wait to update to iOS 7 until one is out... There will always be an exploit found for every major release, it may take a while but we will have a jailbreak... Maybe this time we won't wait long... Imma be optimistic bout this next jailbreak... I kinda like the cat and mouse game of jail breaking...
    Its amazing how many people just expext a jailbreak to happen. People seem to think iphone code hackers are like a bunch of mechanics trying to fix an engine. Ios code from its very beggining has been patched so much that, no doubt, all the easy exploits have already been closed. Ios is not something that has an infinite jailbreaking b capability built in. Its like linux or windows or any other well developed software with security updates and the more advanced the software becomes through deveopement and security updates there comes a time where an exploit as large as one thats required for a jailbreak, as its known, eventually becomes impossible. From what ive seen and my opinion is that, lucky for us, apple has been more interested in advancing ios through developement rather than focusing on locking out jailbreakers. I mean seriously, its my opinion apple could do a lot more than it does to prevent jailbreaking if it really wanted to. Luckilly they seem to let us co exist without too much interuption ( in comparison with what they could do) . Your itunes could be programmed to destroy any jailbreak just upon connecting your phone. That being said, dont always just expect a jailbreak to be created because time will come when it just cant be done.
    I would also like to see a jailbreak for 6.13/4 as for holders of 3gs its seems any new jailbreaks beyond 6.12 are over and what with sauriks servers mistakes with all our blobs from 6 through 6.12 anybody with a 3gs who thought they would update at 6.12 may as well throw their phones because apple no longer signs 6.12 and even if they did sauriks didnt save the damn blobs.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,435 Times in 6,370 Posts

Steve

You give Apple way too much credit.

Software will always have vulnerabilities. The more complex that iOS becomes, the more vulnerabilities will start to appear, as older ones will disappear. There will always be exploits in the system, it's just a question of being able to apply them into a jailbreak. You are suggesting that Apple will produce the first OS ever that cannot be accessed by an exploit in order to inject code. That's very bold considering the amount of people involved in the writing of iOS. As long as humans have a hand in it, it will never be that good.

Lets all just hope that you are very wrong.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (08-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Steve

You give Apple way too much credit.

Software will always have vulnerabilities. The more complex that iOS becomes, the more vulnerabilities will start to appear, as older ones will disappear. There will always be exploits in the system, it's just a question of being able to apply them into a jailbreak. You are suggesting that Apple will produce the first OS ever that cannot be accessed by an exploit in order to inject code. That's very bold considering the amount of people involved in the writing of iOS. As long as humans have a hand in it, it will never be that good.

Lets all just hope that you are very wrong.
    When Clu finally takes over it will be perfect.

Thanks

Well we all can't make the devs work harder or faster. Lets all hope we will see a jailbreak for iOS 7. In the mean time just don't update after iOS. 7 gets released. U know how apple likes to stop signing and the saving blobs don't have any effect now.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234