+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Current Status of the iOS 7 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by regkilla You're wrong. Apple does update the firmware on all iPhones to the newest one before shipping them to people as replacements. I've never had a replacement
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    You're wrong. Apple does update the firmware on all iPhones to the newest one before shipping them to people as replacements.
    I've never had a replacement shipped to me. There is an apple store 15 mins from my house. Every replacement I have gotten at a store was running old jailbreakable firmware.

However, most of what you quoted was in response to him saying Apple recalls iPhone stock from stores when a new firmware comes out, updates them and sends them back out to stores for retail sales

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Its stupid the way Apple fight so hard against jailbreaking.
    I think it would be smart to let it happen then they would have more users instead people go to Android for the ease and openness of it.
    If Jailbreaking was easy and made straight after a new IOS launch then I might've stayed with iPhone.
    If anything happens to my iPad then there is no way I'm getting another one as Android is just so much better for my needs. I like the openness and ability to access the whole phone unlike the locked down iPhone.
    On the iPhone I want iFile and OpenSSH so its open and I can do things I want to it. On Android it comes with an explorer stock and SSH, there are many apps for SSH so just choose which looks the best for you.

When the jailbreak for IOS7 gets released is when I update my iPad to IOS7, till then I'm happy with IOS6.1.2 and iFile/OpenSSH
    Apple fight's the jailbreak for a legitimate reason.. the jailbreak developers are finding and exploiting glitches/bugs in iOS .. it would be really careless of apple not to patch these exploits because others could use them to write malware for your device.. I don't think Apple hates jailbreaking.. they lifted lots of ideas from the community and it certainly increases their sales.. but as I said, these are vulnerabilities in the operating system that can potentially put their users at risk .. They are really morally obligated to fix the bugs..

I think people often lose sight of that fact.. it's software problems that allow jailbreaking to happen.. apple is fixing those problems which in turn prevents a jailbreak.. the jailbreak developers are in essence a very elite team of debuggers for apple and apple doesn't have to have them on the payrole to do it.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oneduality For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013), dsg (08-26-2013), Sage I (08-26-2013), Silverado1987 (08-26-2013), slim.jim (08-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,496 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
    Apple fight's the jailbreak for a legitimate reason.. the jailbreak developers are finding and exploiting glitches/bugs in iOS .. it would be really careless of apple not to patch these exploits because others could use them to write malware for your device.. I don't think Apple hates jailbreaking.. they lifted lots of ideas from the community and it certainly increases their sales.. but as I said, these are vulnerabilities in the operating system that can potentially put their users at risk .. They are really morally obligated to fix the bugs..

I think people often lose sight of that fact.. it's software problems that allow jailbreaking to happen.. apple is fixing those problems which in turn prevents a jailbreak.. the jailbreak developers are in essence a very elite team of debuggers for apple and apple doesn't have to have them on the payrole to do it.
    Well said. "Exploits" are exactly what that name implies - something that could be "exploited" by the malware hackers/identity thieves. All reputable firmware companies will fix these "bugs". Apple doesn't hate us. They're very grateful for our hard work finding them their errors in their code - not on the payroll. Lol!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

This happens every year. We all get together and debate the outcome of a JB for a new iOS. We then get the said JB. End of story. Patience is key..I have plenty :]

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

dsg (08-26-2013), Sage I (08-26-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    If a lot of their vulnerabilities were closed with iOS 7, why don't they use one of the closed ones for an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak? Since it won't work with the new OS anyways....not trying to sound rude, just curious what other factors are playing a role, or if any of the closed ones even work on iOS 6.1.3 or higher
    If that's the case why not release one for 6.1.4 while apple is still signing? I still don't know why apple even cares because a jailbreak means more sales, I would think anyway. Especially if a lot of people won't upgrade unless a jailbreak is out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    If that's the case why not release one for 6.1.4 while apple is still signing? I still don't know why apple even cares because a jailbreak means more sales, I would think anyway. Especially if a lot of people won't upgrade unless a jailbreak is out.
    It's good in one way but bad in another way. If u add a shady repo in Cydia and install a package for a so called app who knows what else it will do in the background. Also it would mean more pirated apps. But I love the jailbreak tweaks they add small things that apple didn't add. Also if a jailbreak does come out for iOS 7. Their will probably be a ton of tweaks for the new swipe up center apple has.

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Confused and Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    This happens every year. We all get together and debate the outcome of a JB for a new iOS. We then get the said JB. End of story. Patience is key..I have plenty :]
    Couldn't agree with you more. From the first JB in 07 till now, always a debate (some more heated than others). It's interesting to read and follow none the less, especially when all of the "other" "fanboys" come in chiming. What brings them to MMI anyway? Was it a Google search for "iOS 7 Jailbreak"? Or a simple "I wish I had an iPhone" search? Why are they so concerned with a product they despise anyway? I can't recall EVER looking into the status of any android device, faults and feats alike.
    Do what you can when you can, Why Wait?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

This is not what I was hoping to read. I'm getting a little tired of the same old thing, waiting for the new phone with marginal improvements and then waiting months for a jailbreak. I'm torn on whether to to wait for the 5S and then the jailbreak or just try something else.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Most people don't buy a new iPhone so that they can JB it, they buy it cause it's a NEW iPhone...! So you really shouldn't have to think twice before purchasing one, either you want a new iPhone or you don't. I just really hope that an exploit or exploits don't get wasted on the first iOS 7 release! We all know that the first version always has bugs, so it's best to wait for at LEAST the next version (7.0.1) or whatever it may be. People should be use to the idea by now that a JB won't be coming out right away for a new software release, personally I think that's a good thing.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 08-26-2013 at 09:27 AM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

I'll be gitting the new phone and just holding it till the new jailbreak released.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    The Current Status of the iOS 7 Jailbreak-1.gif
    Last edited by steve-z17; 08-26-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,496 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I'll be gitting the new phone and just holding it till the new jailbreak released.
    This is probably what I'll do too. The new 5S is reported to have the exact same size SIM card as the 5 (which has been consistent with all releases - the "S" phones always have the same size chip as their 'non-S' counterpart - I'm pretty sure). So I'll just swap my SIM card between the two for those 4 months.. When i'm in an OS7 mood - I'll just use my new phone.. And then when I'm in the mood for my themes.. I'll just swap out the SIM..

ALWAYS let them upgrade your phone to put your phone number on the new one.. Then all you do is put that SIM back in your iPhone 5. If you'd be swapping between a 4S and a 5S you just need a SIM adapter set from eBAY.. Really easy to use.. No SIM cutting needed..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Most people don't buy a new iPhone so that they can JB it, they buy it cause it's a NEW iPhone...! So you really shouldn't have to think twice before purchasing one, either you want a new iPhone or you don't. I just really hope that an exploit or exploits don't get wasted on the first iOS 7 release! We all know that the first version always has bugs, so it's best to wait for at LEAST the next version (7.0.1) or whatever it may be. People should be use to the idea by now that a JB won't be coming out right away for a new software release, personally I think that's a good thing.

Attachment 646768
    Yea their are tons of non jail broken phones out in existence. Their are a lot of people who don't jailbreak their phone. Me as we'll as a lot of people here wish it would come sooner than later. But we all know how things go from previous jailbreaks.

Also some people like to come here and debate and voice their opinion on the topic at hand. Then we have the trolls that just come here and bash.... It's funny how the news topics don't get spammed with trolls when it's regular news but when a new iPhone or jail break is on the verge. Here come the trolls. Well anyway thanks again to the devs that put time in to find and work on jail breaking tactics. Without them a iPhone would just be a iPhone. They go as far as releasing the software without money up front. So I can wait if it takes how ever long. We all want things so fast but were not the ones working on it. Again this is a good debate going here minus the trolls.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 08-26-2013 at 09:54 AM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

That's what I'm gonna do destiny

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I'll be getting the new phone and just holding it till the new jailbreak released.
    I'm with you. I've been upgrading every other new phone. Started with the 3GS and currently have the 4S. I like having a jailbroken iPhone but also like to upgrade mine periodically and it seems that Apple incorporates some of the apps/tweaks from the jailbreak community (to some extent). Although it takes time to jailbreak a new iOS version, it's well worth the wait to have a device that is much better than a stock phone with all the tweaks, apps and themes on Cydia. The waiting just allows me more time to put aside some donation money for the developers that provide us the jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually I'm not really care about the JB on ios 7, the important think my iPhone already JB on ios 6.1.2 and already unlock so I can step out to the world IMG_06231.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you devs for your tireless efforts producing a jailbreak, especially when a lot of people complain that it takes too long. Keep up the good work.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    This is not what I was hoping to read. I'm getting a little tired of the same old thing, waiting for the new phone with marginal improvements and then waiting months for a jailbreak. I'm torn on whether to to wait for the 5S and then the jailbreak or just try something else.
    try something else, trust me. you wont regret it. I switched from iOS in Nov 2011 for the same reason you stated. there's nothing, NOTHING I miss about the iPhone--in fact, I don't see how anybody continues to use it and buy one year after year while complaining about not having a JB when there are already devices on the market that can give you EXACTLY what you want.

don't believe all the apple fan boy nonsense about Android being laggy (these are people who either NEVER used an Android device or the one they have/had is a 2010 phone running Froyo or Gingerbread.

the other big lie is the lack of "quality" apps for Android. If you compared apps for quality and compared just 1% of 1% you would need to compare 20,000 apps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Jailbreak, most definitely!

Restore to that firmware, mostly not possible.
    I used a Semi-restore when my iPhone 5 was messing up. I've had to do it twice and still am on 6.1.2.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,367 Times in 5,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    try something else, trust me. you wont regret it. I switched from iOS in Nov 2011 for the same reason you stated. there's nothing, NOTHING I miss about the iPhone--in fact, I don't see how anybody continues to use it and buy one year after year while complaining about not having a JB when there are already devices on the market that can give you EXACTLY what you want.

don't believe all the apple fan boy nonsense about Android being laggy (these are people who either NEVER used an Android device or the one they have/had is a 2010 phone running Froyo or Gingerbread.

the other big lie is the lack of "quality" apps for Android. If you compared apps for quality and compared just 1% of 1% you would need to compare 20,000 apps.
    And yet for almost the last 2 years you continue to come back here and post how great droid phones are. Sounds to me like you just can't let go and want others to make the same mistake that you made. I'm guessing you got an upgrade coming up in Nov, maybe you should feed your need and get the new iPhone!

Troll!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (08-26-2013), Jato_BZ (08-26-2013), Simon (08-26-2013)