+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Current Status of the iOS 7 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by WhoCares?_ What a pu.ssy a.ss forum. Can't even say "RETARD.ED" without it being censored out LMFAO!! I come back because I enjoy talking sh.it to fa.ggot a.ss
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares?_ View Post
    What a pu.ssy a.ss forum. Can't even say "RETARD.ED" without it being censored out LMFAO!!

I come back because I enjoy talking sh.it to fa.ggot a.ss lames whom I would punch in the face in person!

Says the fu.ckin lame with the username and signature praising video games. I bet you're one of those fu.ckin lames who get on xbox and try to holler at hoe's when you're online lmao! Fu.ckin bi.tch a.ss lame!
    Haha you're a funny guy, you call other people lame when you get online and try to talk big like you're tough, be a man, show respect for the people who know 10 times more than you'll ever be able to comprehend in your entire life. You don't know what you're talking about, you must be a google fanboy sucking on their balls, go hang out on their forums. This community would benefit from it. One less moron that thinks his opinion matters. Sorry but the truth is that it doesn't. What you say has no influence to other users. It has no weight here. Have a nice day making yourself look like a complete idiot haha

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

The reason people like things like control center because its one less tweak we need to download. iOS 7 is different. Icons I can grow to like but were gonna change them anyway. But it's easy to use Cydia. It's something we're all comfortable with already and our phones software is quality made. IMO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yep. It sure is a conundrum. My iPhone is largely useless to me without a jailbreak. I really love what I see in iOS7 - so much I was ready to get it on day 1 as I had for all iphones until iPhone 5. But the more I use my iPhone5 on iOS6 with all the amazing themes and widgets I use plus tweaks I can't live without -- I think I'm gonna do what I did last time - and not get a 5S until February - or whenever JB is out for iOS7.

The other problem - is that even when we get the jailbreak for iOS7 - SOOO many more of our favorites tweaks will take a LOT of time to update - since iOS7 is almost a complete rewrite of iOS... uggh... So frustrating..
    I'm not sure it is that much of a rewrite I think it's mostly a new veneer

Edit: the Jailbreak will come when it comes, like always
    Last edited by dsg; 08-25-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013), Jato_BZ (08-25-2013), King_O_Hill (08-25-2013), Simon (08-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iGamers View Post
    If a lot of their vulnerabilities were closed with iOS 7, why don't they use one of the closed ones for an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak? Since it won't work with the new OS anyways....not trying to sound rude, just curious what other factors are playing a role, or if any of the closed ones even work on iOS 6.1.3 or higher
    Good point. I lost my JB on my 6.1.2 i5 so it would have been useful for a 6.1.3 + JB. That being said, I've now sold it & only recently bought a brand new i5 on 6.1 when other members here said that wasn't possible.

Anyways, my thoughts are even if some of those bugs are not fully patched then there is reason to hold onto them hence to no JB at the moment for 6.1.3 +. Otherwise they'd be starting over completely fresh.

That being said I've read that those JB Devs have hinted at a 6.1.3 - 7.x JB so u get to decide what firmware u want jailbroken when it's released. Not normally done like that but if they can do it like that then that's good news for users either way.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013), dsg (08-25-2013), King_O_Hill (08-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Who cares, iOS 7 is FOR THE FAIL anyways. Not to mention that even if they had a Jailbreak available it would still be useless seeing as how EVERY app/tweak will have to be rewritten to work on iOS 7. Most developers have gotten bored and moved on by now. I mean seriously who the hell wants to sit around and write code for hours and hours just to get your app working on a newer iOS version? Most developers would rather be spending that time UPDATING their app with NEW FEATURES, not making it "COMPATIBLE" with an UGLY OS like iOS 7...
    New to computing, Son?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to severe For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013)

Thanks

Try to find an iPh5 on 6.1.2 or lower in any store right now. You won't be able to. Trust me - I've tried for several friends.. There are stock numbers on the box which can help you find what firmware is loaded on the phone. That's the easy part. You're right, Jim, in the first 6 months of a phones release. But by this point of the year - Apple calls for all iPhones from 'x' stock number and earlier to be recalled. It's actually really simply.. Not expensive. The stores themselves ship back.
    Nah iv sent a broken iphone 5 in and they have sent back one that was on 6.0.2 so it does happen

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eonhpi For This Useful Post:

dsg (08-25-2013), Jato_BZ (08-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,563 Times in 3,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eonhpi View Post
    Nah iv sent a broken iphone 5 in and they have sent back one that was on 6.0.2 so it does happen
    I never said it 'can't' happen. I just said - it's rare.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

U typed this tho right? Not seeing rare in there...

Try to find an iPh5 on 6.1.2 or lower in any store right now. You won't be able to. Trust me - I've tried for several friends..
    And again?

You can find older iPads for sure with earlier firmwares but not iPhones. Apple recalls older stock.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

dsg (08-25-2013), King_O_Hill (08-25-2013), Krima (08-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    U typed this tho right? Not seeing rare in there...

And again?

What I meant was clear, Jato.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 2,135 Posts

That's the opposite of clear. U said one thing and now are saying u meant something else. All that's clear is that u r wrong.

By the way, I have seen many phones at my work that still come with 6.02.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

dsg (08-25-2013), Jato_BZ (08-25-2013), King_O_Hill (08-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife's iPhone 5 was jailbroken on 6.1.2 and it stopped working (wouldn't boot anymore even with a DFU restore to 6.1.3). Took it to the local Apple store and they gave me a new one with 6.0.1 on it. Apple does NOT waste their time updating old stock to new firmwares. I have had ever version of the iPhone and have had to return 2 of them (3Gs and a 4). The replacement 3Gs I got even had the old bootrom on it like my original one did. I have never gotten a iDevice, with the exception of a device right after its release and an iOS release (ie. preordered iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0), that was on the newest firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    The reason people like things like control center because its one less tweak we need to download. iOS 7 is different. Icons I can grow to like but were gonna change them anyway. But it's easy to use Cydia. It's something we're all comfortable with already and our phones software is quality made. IMO
    I prefer native features over jailbreak tweaks if possible... keeps things more stable. The only control center tweak I would be interested in would be the ability to change what toggles are shown. I don't really need an airplane mode toggle, but a tethering toggle would be nice.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 08-25-2013 at 11:00 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013), dsg (08-25-2013), Jato_BZ (08-25-2013), Krima (08-25-2013)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 611 Posts

'Won't' was very clear as was 'not iPhones' in the posts Jato quoted
    Last edited by dsg; 08-25-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013), Jato_BZ (08-25-2013), King_O_Hill (08-25-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 5,488 Posts

Hmmmm, not that clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    That's the opposite of clear. U said one thing and now are saying u meant something else. All that's clear is that u r wrong.

By the way, I have seen many phones at my work that still come with 6.02.
    I gotta agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    'Won't' was very clear in the posts Jato quoted and the 'not iPhones'
    Good point also!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (08-25-2013), Jato_BZ (08-25-2013), Krima (08-25-2013)

Thanks

I sense the Ban Hammer coming...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-26-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If they're having to find new exploits, why not release jailbreaks for 6.1.3/4? Doesn't make sense to hold out on those now. Apple probably won't patch iOS 6 anymore just like they didn't patch 5.1.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The article should have said "since iOS5" has it taken 3-4 months. For both iOS5 and iOS6 it took until 2nd week of February.. almost to the day.. And each of those two were the "new breed" of harder to crack iOS'.. In the early days it took a few days to a few weeks to jail break. Those days are forever gone.

Also in the last two JB - there was a moment where they had a real jailbreak long about Christmas-time but decided to hold it until after a major Apple release of a next 5.x/6.x update.

It'll be the same this time. But this will be a harder wait. iOS6 was a dud upgrade. I waited until 1 week before jailbreak to buy my iPh5 because I wanted my jailbreak more than iOS6. But iOS7 is a game changer. It's so impressive an upgrade its almost worth losing your jailbreak over. But if I get a 5S on day 1 - it'll be a very long wait to February.

We DEFINITELY won't get a JB before Feb this time either... and with P0sixninja doing all his public forum stuff - all that info Apple will find and patch before we ever get to use those exploits. I wish the devs would stay secret with their stuff.
    iOS 5 jb came out around the 22nd of january, i just remember it was like the day before or after my Birthday that year, it was my favorite present. lol but either way, months from ios release :/

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colacone For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013), HovikGas (08-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colacone View Post
    iOS 5 jb came out around the 22nd of january, i just remember it was like the day before or after my Birthday that year, it was my favorite present. lol but either way, months from ios release :/
    Ah yes! You're right.. iOS5 was a couple of weeks ahead of iOS6. Thanks for the correction.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    That's not true... if your iPhone breaks and you get a replacement from an Apple store, they are never updated. Do you realize how much of a headache it would be for Apple to receive all the old stock in retail packaging... open them up... update them and then seal them back up for retail and ship them back out. That would cost millions.
    You're wrong. Apple does update the firmware on all iPhones to the newest one before shipping them to people as replacements.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to regkilla For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-26-2013)

Thanks

Really thought you could not jail break an 6.1.2 device as the SHSH file is not signed by apple servers. Thought you needed both 6.1.2 and a valid signed SHSH file. Is that untrue?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 5,488 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Really thought you could not jail break an 6.1.2 device as the SHSH file is not signed by apple servers. Thought you needed both 6.1.2 and a valid signed SHSH file. Is that untrue?
    Jailbreak, most definitely!

Restore to that firmware, mostly not possible.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-26-2013), Jato_BZ (08-26-2013)