+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'NetworkList' Lets You See a History of Wi-Fi Networks and Their Passwords

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default 'NetworkList' Lets You See a History of Wi-Fi Networks and Their Passwords

Chances are, you’ve forgotten the password to a Wi-Fi network before; this isn’t very fun. With a new jailbreak tweak called NetworkList by iOS developer Quisc, you can always look back at the history of Wi-Fi networks that you’ve connected to, as well as their passwords (where applicable), as shown above.

NetworkList adds a new cell to the Wi-Fi preferences pane in the Settings application that is labeled “Known Networks.” Within this cell, you will be able to pull up a list of all the Wi-Fi networks that this particular iOS device has connected to. If the network had a password, it will be shown under the name of the network. If the network didn’t have a password, a password won’t be shown.

If at any time you want to delete a Wi-Fi network from your list of known networks, you can tap on the Edit button at the top right of the interface, and then delete the ones you no longer want to see.

NetworkList is beautifully integrated into Apple’s stock Wi-Fi settings, and for this, we love it. It appears to function as advertised, and if you’re looking for a tweak that can give you a history of your past Wi-Fi networks and Wi-Fi passwords, we can definitely recommend NetworkList.

NetworkList doesn't have any options to configure, and is available in Cydia's BigBoss repository for free.

Name: NetworkList
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.2.1-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Quisc
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I use to have an application that did this but I cannot remember the name now. Very useful

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    I use to have an application that did this but I cannot remember the name now. Very useful
    WiFi Pass maybe..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Good concept but it seems like they took the wifi pass idea and just incorporated. Into the wifi settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Works Great!