+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS Hacker p0sixninja Announces Launch of OpenJailbreak.org

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well-known iOS hacker p0sixninja has announced the launch of OpenJailbreak.org , a new Web site that the hacker has been working on for some time that will have the overall
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,138
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

    Default iOS Hacker p0sixninja Announces Launch of OpenJailbreak.org


    Well-known iOS hacker p0sixninja has announced the launch of OpenJailbreak.org, a new Web site that the hacker has been working on for some time that will have the overall goal of sustaining future jailbreaks. The Web site doesn't contain a jailbreak itself

    OpenJailbreak.org is aimed more toward the technical crowd, such as developers, hackers, and security experts. Through the Web site, some components of greenpois0n, absinthe, and other jailbreak tools will be made open source so everyone can see them, and hopefully learn something from them.

    In addition, users of the site will be able to share their own successful projects, and report bugs that they find, which could all help contribute to future jailbreaks. The site will include forums so that users can communicate with each other about their projects, offer support, and even ask questions.

    OpenJailbreak.org contains six projects right now, but p0sixninja promises that “dozens more” are coming in the future. If you want to register for p0sixninja's OpenJailbreak.org Web site, you can do so here.

    Sources: p0sixninja
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-25-2013 at 10:59 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (08-25-2013)

  3. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts

    It will be interesting to see how closely Apple follows this.

  4. #3
    Green Apple Devilish4eveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Aruba baby :D
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Apple will gave their own ppl join this to know exactly what they are up against
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

  5. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilish4eveR View Post
    Apple will gave their own ppl join this to know exactly what they are up against
    Where else would apple get all the ideas for software like iOS 7?

  6. #5
    Green Apple Adrian97c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts

    Great for apple to sign up & patch ideas as they come up

    This is about as useful as posixninjas "bug reporting tool" he released to help future jailbreaks #fail

  7. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    586
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked 59 Times in 41 Posts

    It's a good idea but how well will it actually end up working? I'll follow and see what would happen for a while.

  8. #7
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,872
    Thanks
    4,210
    Thanked 9,013 Times in 4,525 Posts

    P0sixninja is a brilliant jailbreak-find guy - but this idea just plain lacks common sense. Apple will be all over this new site - patching everything they find. This cite is a really silly idea.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Maybe he just wants a job at Apple... This is like the ultimate résumé builder for that, haha

  10. #9
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,032
    Thanks
    3,207
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

    What about the Bootrom exploit/VFDecrypt keys he was supposedly working on? Perhaps that's why the evad3rs only have the guys they need onboard that's required.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  11. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I honestly don't see anything coming from this

  12. #11
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,872
    Thanks
    4,210
    Thanked 9,013 Times in 4,525 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    What about the Bootrom exploit/VFDecrypt keys he was supposedly working on? Perhaps that's why the evad3rs only have the guys they need onboard that's required.
    He already started talking about them openly in other places. So those are already know by Apple by now.. I think P0six, likes 'bravado' and center stage a bit too much.. .. No disrespect intended. Anyone with half a lick of sense - would know that no jailbreak exploits can ever be talked about in open forums. Stupid notion.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  13. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    I've noticed that his name is often mentioned in relation to jailbreaks but in all fairness has he ever released a jailbreak?

  14. #13
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,032
    Thanks
    3,207
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    He already started talking about them openly in other places. So those are already know by Apple by now.. I think P0six, likes 'bravado' and center stage a bit too much.. .. No disrespect intended. Anyone with half a lick of sense - would know that no jailbreak exploits can ever be talked about in open forums. Stupid notion.
    ...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Krima (08-25-2013)

  16. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts

    No offense but he's an idiot apple is gonna be all up in this even though he's posting old jb tools they'll be able to see exactly how he found and executed exploits and maybe even more definitely not a good look for jailbreakers

  17. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Where else would apple get all the ideas for software like iOS 7?
    really? Android and a little bit of Windows Phone.

  18. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    I'd like to hear from p0sixninja himself about what he's going to do to keep Apple from patching every exploit/bug that is shared on the site...I understand why he wants to do it and it could be pretty sweet, but nothing will ever get put into play if Apple just patches/fixes things before they get on the devices.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (08-25-2013)

  20. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Why is this receiving so much negativity? I honestly do not understand all those comments criticizing him about this project.
    1. This will allow much more ppl dive in the jailbreak world
    2. Jailbreaks will be released at a much faster pace.

    So what if Apple is all over this site? As soon as an exploit was discovered, Apple patched it in the next iOS iteration. I dont see how much of this will change. If an exploit is discovered for the current iOS release, as with every jailbreak case, when the new iteration is out, simply dont upgrade.

    Only downside i see in this is the amount of exploits discovered simultaneously and posted online. Best advise to the site/project admin (p0sixninja) would be to first review the projects submitted (prominent exploits) and then release them publicly; at any instance have only one major exploit being developed. This way less exploits would be burned on each iOS iteration, i.e. have as few as possible projects running at the same time and have as much ppl as possible working on these projects.
    Last edited by christophorosp; 08-26-2013 at 06:39 AM.

  21. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,605
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 188 Times in 135 Posts

    I feel its a win win for the Dev community and iPhone users. Dev community gets a centralized location to work on ideas, bugs etc. The end iPhone user gets all the benefits. Remember hackers (pretty much all of them) announce that they "almost have a JB" or "are working on a JB" I find this endeavor to be no different. I wish them all the best of luck!

  22. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Redlands
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default A little optimism please?
    Quote Originally Posted by christophorosp View Post
    Why is this receiving so much negativity? I honestly do not understand all those comments criticizing him about this project.
    1. This will allow much more ppl dive in the jailbreak world
    2. Jailbreaks will be released at a much faster pace.

    So what if Apple is all over this site? As soon as an exploit was discovered, Apple patched it in the next iOS iteration. I dont see how much of this will change. If an exploit is discovered for the current iOS release, as with every jailbreak case, when the new iteration is out, simply dont upgrade.

    Only downside i see in this is the amount of exploits discovered simultaneously and posted online. Best advise to the site/project admin (p0sixninja) would be to first review the projects submitted (prominent exploits) and then release them publicly; at any instance have only one major exploit being developed. This way less exploits would be burned on each iOS iteration, i.e. have as few as possible projects running at the same time and have as much ppl as possible working on these projects.
    Thank you, I hate how everyone always reacts with negativity first. Stop for a second and think, the jailbreak community has always been rather smart, waiting to release a jailbreak for iOS 7 so that Apple wont patch the exploits they've found. I HIGHLY doubt they'd go brain-dead right now and freely post online all their exploits, and honestly I think you're the idiot for ever thinking they'd do something so ignorant. They're easily smarter than that and they deserve the credit, so please keep the negativity to a minimum. This is going to greatly help the jailbreak community, and you definitely can't knock it without seeing what it can do.
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to law111 For This Useful Post:

    gameguy95 (08-26-2013)

  24. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A new article on this? I though this was posted like 3 months ago but it's showing on the iPhone app as being posted yesterday.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts