+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Hacker p0sixninja Announces Launch of OpenJailbreak.org

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well-known iOS hacker p0sixninja has announced the launch of OpenJailbreak.org , a new Web site that the hacker has been working on for some time that will have the overall
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default iOS Hacker p0sixninja Announces Launch of OpenJailbreak.org

Well-known iOS hacker p0sixninja has announced the launch of OpenJailbreak.org, a new Web site that the hacker has been working on for some time that will have the overall goal of sustaining future jailbreaks. The Web site doesn't contain a jailbreak itself

OpenJailbreak.org is aimed more toward the technical crowd, such as developers, hackers, and security experts. Through the Web site, some components of greenpois0n, absinthe, and other jailbreak tools will be made open source so everyone can see them, and hopefully learn something from them.

In addition, users of the site will be able to share their own successful projects, and report bugs that they find, which could all help contribute to future jailbreaks. The site will include forums so that users can communicate with each other about their projects, offer support, and even ask questions.

OpenJailbreak.org contains six projects right now, but p0sixninja promises that “dozens more” are coming in the future. If you want to register for p0sixninja's OpenJailbreak.org Web site, you can do so here.

Sources: p0sixninja
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-25-2013 at 10:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

It will be interesting to see how closely Apple follows this.

Thanks

Apple will gave their own ppl join this to know exactly what they are up against
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish4eveR View Post
    Apple will gave their own ppl join this to know exactly what they are up against
    Where else would apple get all the ideas for software like iOS 7?

Thanks

Great for apple to sign up & patch ideas as they come up

This is about as useful as posixninjas "bug reporting tool" he released to help future jailbreaks #fail

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a good idea but how well will it actually end up working? I'll follow and see what would happen for a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,013 Times in 4,525 Posts

P0sixninja is a brilliant jailbreak-find guy - but this idea just plain lacks common sense. Apple will be all over this new site - patching everything they find. This cite is a really silly idea.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe he just wants a job at Apple... This is like the ultimate résumé builder for that, haha

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

What about the Bootrom exploit/VFDecrypt keys he was supposedly working on? Perhaps that's why the evad3rs only have the guys they need onboard that's required.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I honestly don't see anything coming from this

Thanks
    Thanked 9,013 Times in 4,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    What about the Bootrom exploit/VFDecrypt keys he was supposedly working on? Perhaps that's why the evad3rs only have the guys they need onboard that's required.
    He already started talking about them openly in other places. So those are already know by Apple by now.. I think P0six, likes 'bravado' and center stage a bit too much.. .. No disrespect intended. Anyone with half a lick of sense - would know that no jailbreak exploits can ever be talked about in open forums. Stupid notion.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've noticed that his name is often mentioned in relation to jailbreaks but in all fairness has he ever released a jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    He already started talking about them openly in other places. So those are already know by Apple by now.. I think P0six, likes 'bravado' and center stage a bit too much.. .. No disrespect intended. Anyone with half a lick of sense - would know that no jailbreak exploits can ever be talked about in open forums. Stupid notion.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Krima (08-25-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

No offense but he's an idiot apple is gonna be all up in this even though he's posting old jb tools they'll be able to see exactly how he found and executed exploits and maybe even more definitely not a good look for jailbreakers

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Where else would apple get all the ideas for software like iOS 7?
    really? Android and a little bit of Windows Phone.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd like to hear from p0sixninja himself about what he's going to do to keep Apple from patching every exploit/bug that is shared on the site...I understand why he wants to do it and it could be pretty sweet, but nothing will ever get put into play if Apple just patches/fixes things before they get on the devices.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-25-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why is this receiving so much negativity? I honestly do not understand all those comments criticizing him about this project.
    1. This will allow much more ppl dive in the jailbreak world
    2. Jailbreaks will be released at a much faster pace.

So what if Apple is all over this site? As soon as an exploit was discovered, Apple patched it in the next iOS iteration. I dont see how much of this will change. If an exploit is discovered for the current iOS release, as with every jailbreak case, when the new iteration is out, simply dont upgrade.

Only downside i see in this is the amount of exploits discovered simultaneously and posted online. Best advise to the site/project admin (p0sixninja) would be to first review the projects submitted (prominent exploits) and then release them publicly; at any instance have only one major exploit being developed. This way less exploits would be burned on each iOS iteration, i.e. have as few as possible projects running at the same time and have as much ppl as possible working on these projects.
    Last edited by christophorosp; 08-26-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks

I feel its a win win for the Dev community and iPhone users. Dev community gets a centralized location to work on ideas, bugs etc. The end iPhone user gets all the benefits. Remember hackers (pretty much all of them) announce that they "almost have a JB" or "are working on a JB" I find this endeavor to be no different. I wish them all the best of luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default A little optimism please?
    Quote Originally Posted by christophorosp View Post
    Why is this receiving so much negativity? I honestly do not understand all those comments criticizing him about this project.
    1. This will allow much more ppl dive in the jailbreak world
    2. Jailbreaks will be released at a much faster pace.

So what if Apple is all over this site? As soon as an exploit was discovered, Apple patched it in the next iOS iteration. I dont see how much of this will change. If an exploit is discovered for the current iOS release, as with every jailbreak case, when the new iteration is out, simply dont upgrade.

Only downside i see in this is the amount of exploits discovered simultaneously and posted online. Best advise to the site/project admin (p0sixninja) would be to first review the projects submitted (prominent exploits) and then release them publicly; at any instance have only one major exploit being developed. This way less exploits would be burned on each iOS iteration, i.e. have as few as possible projects running at the same time and have as much ppl as possible working on these projects.
    Thank you, I hate how everyone always reacts with negativity first. Stop for a second and think, the jailbreak community has always been rather smart, waiting to release a jailbreak for iOS 7 so that Apple wont patch the exploits they've found. I HIGHLY doubt they'd go brain-dead right now and freely post online all their exploits, and honestly I think you're the idiot for ever thinking they'd do something so ignorant. They're easily smarter than that and they deserve the credit, so please keep the negativity to a minimum. This is going to greatly help the jailbreak community, and you definitely can't knock it without seeing what it can do.
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

23. The Following User Says Thank You to law111 For This Useful Post:

gameguy95 (08-26-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A new article on this? I though this was posted like 3 months ago but it's showing on the iPhone app as being posted yesterday.