Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ryan Petrich Announces TweakWeek 2 for Some Time After iOS 7 Jailbreak Launch

Default Ryan Petrich Announces TweakWeek 2 for Some Time After iOS 7 Jailbreak Launch

Ryan Petrich, the iOS developer behind the original TweekWeek that happened in 2011, has announced on his Twitter account Saturday afternoon that he would be hosting TweakWeek 2 this year.

When asked when TweakWeek 2 would occur, Petrich said it would be some time after iOS 7 is jailbroken, and a jailbreak tool can be released to the public.

In TweakWeek, developers were asked to create a fresh new jailbreak tweak all seven days of the week. The tweaks must be open-source, and only tweaks that were made the same day of release can be considered. TweakWeek 2 is expected to follow the same general rules as the original TweakWeek, but at this point in time we are unsure of any changes.

The turnout should be interesting. A lot of new jailbreak developers have joined the community since the original TweakWeek, so we should see some fresh competition. If any developers are interested in signing up for TweakWeek 2, they are urged to contact Petrich as soon as possible.

Sources: Ryan Petrich

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

xWalmartCandyx (08-25-2013)

I got a question to the devs. What does IOS7 look like for all those cydia tweaks? Will it be ages if at all before we will get IOS7 updates or is it similar to IOS6 so some wont even need updating?

Wondering if it'll be better to just stick with IOS6 or update to IOS7 when it comes out. I can wait a few weeks or so for the jailbreak if IOS7 is looking good for its jailbreak future.
    Last edited by smith01; 08-25-2013 at 02:54 AM.

I am also curious to see what tweaks they come out with for the iOS 7. It seems to have most of the essentials needed from jailbreak tweaks.
    I would love to see a tweak where it allows two login accounts. So if a friend wants to use your phone you can give him the dummy password to a dummy account that doesn't show any of your personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    I got a question to the devs. What does IOS7 look like for all those cydia tweaks? Will it be ages if at all before we will get IOS7 updates or is it similar to IOS6 so some wont even need updating?

Wondering if it'll be better to just stick with IOS6 or update to IOS7 when it comes out. I can wait a few weeks or so for the jailbreak if IOS7 is looking good for its jailbreak future.
    I'm no expert but one would have thought that if iOS 7 had big enough changes to render lots of native app store apps incompatible the implications on jailbreak tweaks will be somewhat profound

Thats what I thought. So if you depend on jailbreak and its tweaks then stay on IOS6 for as long as possible then.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,245 Posts

I'm just happy to hear that Petrich 'knows' iOS 7 will be jailbroken! He's not speculating if it'll happen, he's guaranteeing that it'll happen!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRican415 View Post
    I would love to see a tweak where it allows two login accounts. So if a friend wants to use your phone you can give him the dummy password to a dummy account that doesn't show any of your personal info.
    Interesting. Two independent accounts might be difficult, maybe simply turning off all personalization while a friend borrows your phone would work.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Interesting. Two independent accounts might be difficult, maybe simply turning off all personalization while a friend borrows your phone would work.
    This has already existed before but isn't compatible anymore. Basically, it has 'your' Springboard and related settings. And then you can switch over to a default Springboard that can also be customized.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRican415 View Post
    Sounds kinda like iPrivacy