Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Give Your iOS Device an Android Gingerbread-style Lock Screen With 'GingerLock'

Default Give Your iOS Device an Android Gingerbread-style Lock Screen With 'GingerLock'

If you’d like to trick out your lock screen with the style of Android Gingerbread’s lock screen, then you’ll find a new jailbreak tweak called GingerLock by iOS developer iLendSoft to be right up your alley.

You can see the tweak's effects on the lock screen above. Similarly to Gingerbread, you get two sliders – one on each side of the display. The one on the left is used to unlock your device by swiping it to the right, while the one on the right is used to open the Camera application by swiping it to the left. The Camera slider can be customized so that you can open any application from the lock screen that you want to. You can configure this setting from the preferences pane in the Settings application, along with several other options:

The right slider can be set to any application you want, or you can hide it outright. You'll also get options such as enabling and disabling the tweak on demand, or choosing between the regular style or the rounded style lock screen interface. You can see the difference between the two styles below (Left: regular, Right: rounded):

The developer notes that images used in the tweak can be edited to your liking via the /Library/Application Support/GingerLock directory.

GingerLock is an interesting way to make your lock screen look less like the lock screen of stock iPhone. If you'd like to give it a try, you'll find it in Cydia's BigBoss repository for just 99˘.

Name: GingerLock
    Price: 99˘
    Version: 1.1-1
    Requirements: iOS 6.0+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: iLendSoft
    Editor's Rating  4/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

xWalmartCandyx (08-23-2013)

FUGLY Droid Style.. :8

The Phone went into SafeMode when you touch the 'back Button' on Emergency Call

Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    FUGLY Droid Style.. :8
    Exactly why would I want my beautiful and stylish I Phone to look like a android piece of crap!

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Exactly why would I want my beautiful and stylish I Phone to look like a android piece of crap!
    iSheep hate much?

It's about customization. Don't get why people would hate on the idea. I prefer Atom as I like having access to more apps than just one but props to the developer for designing this.

I'm cool off that.
    iPhone > Windows > Android
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

If I wanted my phone to look like an android I would go out and buy one!

Default nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    If I wanted my phone to look like an android I would go out and buy one!
    This is a good app for the droids ho switched over to this side of the fence.

JellyLock is way better and free!