+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPhone 5S, 5C Coming to Japan September 20th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With an early September introduction of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C all but guaranteed, we're gaining more insight each passing day with regard to Apple's anticipated international roll-out of
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Report: iPhone 5S, 5C Coming September 20th

With an early September introduction of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C all but guaranteed, we're gaining more insight each passing day with regard to Apple's anticipated international roll-out of the new iPhones.

Based on what we've learned late Tuesday, Japanese publication Nikkei is reporting that Apple will release the iPhone 5S and 5C in Japan on September 20th.

The report notes that cellular carriers SoftBank and KDDI will offer both iPhones.

Similar to what domestic sources have been consistently reporting, the Japanese media outlet also asserts that September 10th will be the date of Apple's big reveal. Additionally, Nikkei says the 5S will deliver an upgraded processor and camera, fingerprint reader, and an expanded selection of device colors.

It should be noted that the Nikkei is Japan's largest business daily and is not a tabloid publication that routinely spreads rumors. As a result, it's report today is carrying a lot of weight and generating ample excitement from iDevice loyalists as September draws near.

Source: CNET

Thanks

Fingerprint reader? Who cares?

Device colors? Who cares?

Upgraded processor/camera? OBVIOUSLY!

That's not enough for me. I need something revolutionary again. Please wow me apple! :-( I don't know what I want honestly. But apple is supposed to show me something! :-/

And when the heck are we getting a better speaker on the phone?

Give me a matching front facing camera.

Those aren't revolutionary but they are a couple things I waaannntttt. Forget a dang fingerprint reader.

Oh and put my headphone jack back on top please and thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Fingerprint reader? Who cares?

Device colors? Who cares?

Upgraded processor/camera? OBVIOUSLY!

That's not enough for me. I need something revolutionary again. Please wow me apple! :-( I don't know what I want honestly. But apple is supposed to show me something! :-/

And when the heck are we getting a better speaker on the phone?

Give me a matching front facing camera.

Those aren't revolutionary but they are a couple things I waaannntttt. Forget a dang fingerprint reader.

Oh and put my headphone jack back on top please and thank you!
    Finger print scanner - lots of people care, security has been a huge topic of discussion lately and biometrics is probably as secure as it gets. And there is possibility for a payment gateway using it which is revolutionary.

Device colors- it's a personal preference

Processor/camera - as obvious as it is holds a lot of value for most people

How much better speakers do you need do you own a 5 huge speaker improvement over previous models.

Headphone jack on the bottom is where it is suppose to be. It makes way more sense for it to be there and I think it's been one of apples better moves.

Now that that's all done you keep using the word revolutionary but can't really say what you want. Your right Apple should know before you and I think they do. Apple S models historically don't have a huge redesign so you are probably going to be disappointed. Apple does the S for 2 reasons.
    1) to keep customers engaged and have a new phone on the market.
    2) gives them 2 years instead of 1 to really come out with something "revolutionary" and get ahead of the game.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

EVO
    Thanks

I really hope Apple offers RED!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

jery911 (08-21-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Yeah, headphone jack should be at the bottom so rain will not sip through the opening.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I really hope Apple offers RED!!
    Yes, red! If that gold plate is the only additional color option and the true color options are only on the plastic iPhone I'm going to be BEYOND pissed >.<

Crossing the fingers. Doubt they'll be coming with glass colored options but that project (red) 5th gen iPod Touch looked sexy AF, so much that I bought it for the hell of it. Hate the soft pallet colors they offer on the iPod, though. But that deep vivid red, yes, that's where it's at.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RussSully's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Finger print scanner - lots of people care, security has been a huge topic of discussion lately and biometrics is probably as secure as it gets. And there is possibility for a payment gateway using it which is revolutionary.

Device colors- it's a personal preference

Processor/camera - as obvious as it is holds a lot of value for most people

How much better speakers do you need do you own a 5 huge speaker improvement over previous models.

Headphone jack on the bottom is where it is suppose to be. It makes way more sense for it to be there and I think it's been one of apples better moves.

Now that that's all done you keep using the word revolutionary but can't really say what you want. Your right Apple should know before you and I think they do. Apple S models historically don't have a huge redesign so you are probably going to be disappointed. Apple does the S for 2 reasons.
    1) to keep customers engaged and have a new phone on the market.
    2) gives them 2 years instead of 1 to really come out with something "revolutionary" and get ahead of the game.
    There's actually not a possibility for a payment gateway. There's already been reports that if the new iPhone does have a fingerprint scanner it would
    Be ONLY for unlocking nothing more. Which is why it's just a gimmick to get people to buy the 5S. But in reality the 5S is a stop gap til the 6 nothing more. It blows my mind how apple is still making such a small screen and getting away with it. The iPhone needs to be at least 4.7 inch screen to compete. I'm for sure going to be skipping the 5S. There's just nothing worry upgrading for

What's Jailbreak? Soldierboykillm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RussSully View Post
    There's actually not a possibility for a payment gateway. There's already been reports that if the new iPhone does have a fingerprint scanner it would
    Be ONLY for unlocking nothing more. Which is why it's just a gimmick to get people to buy the 5S. But in reality the 5S is a stop gap til the 6 nothing more. It blows my mind how apple is still making such a small screen and getting away with it. The iPhone needs to be at least 4.7 inch screen to compete. I'm for sure going to be skipping the 5S. There's just nothing worry upgrading for
    If you remember, Apple also said they would never put out a cheaper iPhone... And look what were getting. So anything could happen with this fingerprint scanner ya know!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboykillm View Post
    If you remember, Apple also said they would never put out a cheaper iPhone... And look what were getting. So anything could happen with this fingerprint scanner ya know!
    Yea your right. I'm just upset at how this cycle of iPhones is looking because I held out and didn't get the 5 and stuck with the 4S that I got on launch day but looks like I might have to hold out again because I don't want to be stuck with the 5S and then they decide to make huge strides with the 6. But these new rumors scare me. Basically making an iPhone 5 but In different colors and calling it a 5C. Then taking an iPhone 5 and barely upgrading it at all and putting a fingerprint scanner then calling it a 5C. Plus it looks like there making a gold iPhone. Really gold. Steve jobs is rolling over in his grave. Apple is going sideways alot lately and needs to start goin forward again or it's not gonna be pretty for them in the future.

Just my opinion of course

Thanks

I can promise you that you are wrong when it comes to the payment gateway.

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I can promise you that you are wrong when it comes to the payment gateway.
    LOL how can u promise that

Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

RussSully (08-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL how can u promise that
    +1. U work for apple?

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I just hope brightness and wifi strength are NOTHING LIKE 4S --- absolute garbage, u put iPhone 4 beside in comparison for those 2 features(which I find crucial) and it KILLS 4S, apples seems to be going in the Wrong direction, I didn't upgrade to downgrade key features =p

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarkiz View Post
    I just hope brightness and wifi strength are NOTHING LIKE 4S --- absolute garbage, u put iPhone 4 beside in comparison for those 2 features(which I find crucial) and it KILLS 4S, apples seems to be going in the Wrong direction, I didn't upgrade to downgrade key features =p
    Dude what. The 4s is still a great device to own. The brightness isn't bright enough for u at full brightness. That's just your own observation and as far as the wifi. It's what ever router/wifi device u are hooked up to. That's causing your low wifi readings on your phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Dude what. The 4s is still a great device to own. The brightness isn't bright enough for u at full brightness. That's just your own observation and as far as the wifi. It's what ever router/wifi device u are hooked up to. That's causing your low wifi readings on your phone.
    Ya no....I've tested it on MULTIPLE strong Wifi signals and no match iPhone 4 For strength and HOTSPOT, I put my iPhone 4S in exact same spot CAN'T FIND the network!
    Also I KNOW a lot of4S owners who say the EXACT same thing
    If u can't tell the difference in brightness u need to get eyes checked, I Prefer like most ppl how bright iPhone 4 was, the whites don't compare on 4S to 4, Wallstreet analysts think the same thing in terms of innovation, since Steve jobs died(RIP) its about profit not quality, it's the only reason I haven't sold my 4 is cz it was last device jobs had input on, whenever he's gone the company starts going downhill(Data doesn't lie)

Thanks

Ya no....I've tested it on MULTIPLE strong Wifi signals and no match iPhone 4 For strength and HOTSPOT, I put my iPhone 4S in exact same spot CAN'T FIND the network!
    Also I KNOW a lot of4S owners who say the EXACT same thing
    If u can't tell the difference in brightness u need to get eyes checked, I Prefer like most ppl how bright iPhone 4 was, the whites don't compare on 4S to 4, Wallstreet analysts think the same thing in terms of innovation, since Steve jobs died(RIP) its about profit not quality, it's the only reason I haven't sold my 4 is cz it was last device jobs had input on, whenever he's gone the company starts going downhill(Data doesn't lie)
    U can go ahead and believe all the facts u want to online that u read. How bright do u want the screen to be. Apple isn't go backwards so the 5s will be nothing like the 4/4s was. If your unhappy with apple for that reason why post about it on this site. Better yet why are u worried about when the 5s comes out. U have seemed to click on a link that states something in the title but come here and bash something that has nothing to do with the article. So umm ya no.......

Thanks

Ya ill believe what ACTUAL ppl told me and I've experienced, your again assuming its all written, WHAT I want is apple to be about quality again not profit.
    I don't want brightness HIGHER then iPhone 4 I want at least equal, at most 4S is at 70% when full <------ THAT'S WRONG
    Wifi at like 65% strength<----- not right!! U don't upgrade devices to DOWNGRADE on features, do u get it now?

Thanks

Ya ill believe what ACTUAL ppl told me and I've experienced, your again assuming its all written, WHAT I want is apple to be about quality again not profit.
    I don't want brightness HIGHER then iPhone 4 I want at least equal, at most 4S is at 70% when full <------ THAT'S WRONG
    Wifi at like 65% strength<----- not right!! U don't upgrade devices to DOWNGRADE on features, do u get it now?
    I understood fully on your first comment. Is that u fail to realize is that apple does what apple wants. If things don't work out for ya for when the next iPhone comes out. Here's a door and theirs always the android/windows phones to complain about. No phone is going to be perfect in each persons eyes. Something will always be wrong. I for one have a 4s the screen is fine for me and the wifi has never given me any problems. Theirs other phones out their if your not happy with how apple handles their business. Maybe in your next life u can be a designer/engineer for apple and have a say so about what u want. But were just consumers at the end of the day.......

Thanks

Ok get an iPhone 4 put it next to 4S and test out brightness and wifi, tell me what u think, if u don't have a 4 even WHY U RESPONDING TO THIS, it's a thought process like YOURS why apple does what it wants, u can lower ur expectations in Aplle quality cz u think nothing can be done about it, ill voice My concerns forever so the product manufacturer can actually understand what the consumer wants, it's ppl like u that waste their money and say hey this is good and amazing(even tho it's obviously lower standard then Previous 3 devices), u CAN EAT **** and call it CAVIAR, I prefer the REAL thing =)