Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple on Track to Build More "iPhone 5C" Units than "iPhone 5S" This Quarter

Thanks

Default Apple on Track to Build More "iPhone 5C" Units than "iPhone 5S" This Quarter

Apple’s rumored upcoming “iPhone 5C” is reportedly on track to outship the high-end “iPhone 5S” this quarter, as the high-end model is supposedly facing production issues that are associated with the rumored fingerprint sensor. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities recently mentioned in a note that Apple is expected to ship 8.4 million “iPhone 5C” units in the current September quarter. Difficulties in building the top-of-the-line “iPhone 5S” will reportedly limit that device to just 5.2 million units for the quarter.

Unlike the iPad mini, which has consistently outsold the full-size iPad since its debut, the “iPhone 5C” is not expected to become the best-selling iPhone. Kuo expects Apple to be able to increase “iPhone 5S” shipments by 438% in the holiday 2013 quarter, reaching 28 million in the three-month span. This would end up putting the “iPhone 5S” ahead of the “iPhone 5C” in terms of shipment for the quarter. Shipments of the new plastic iPhone are also seen growing 122% quarter over quarter to 18.7 million units in the December timeframe. Kuo said the following regarding the topic:

Despite yield rate issues with fingerprint sensor module and casing, a timetable ensuring improvement has been established, which eases our concerns over 5S production. We hold a positive view on growth momentum along the iPhone supply chain, for which we expect a jump from August followed by sustained growth into September and (the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013).
    One of the biggest reasons that there are to be a larger number of “iPhone 5C” units this quarter is the fact that the device is expected to feature largely the same components as the current iPhone 5, except with a new plastic frame. According to Kuo, Foxconn began production of a new TDD-LTE supporting “iPhone 5C” model for the carrier China Mobile in August, which was earlier than expected. He believes Apple is working to stock up on units in time for China’s October Golden Holiday.

The Cupertino California company is expected to hold a media event on September 10 to announce its new iPhone lineup for the fall of 2013. As of right now, the “iPhone 5C” is rumored to replace the iPhone 5, while the iPhone 4S is rumored to live on as Apple’s new low-end option.

Source: KGI Securities via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I think the 5C will sell more, simply because its gonna attract a new crowd.

The iPhone 5S won't do well, now if it had a bigger screen, that would be a different story in my opinion.

As of right now, the “iPhone 5C” is rumored to replace the iPhone 5, while the iPhone 4S is rumored to live on as Apple’s new low-end option.

I don't believe this at all ... Why would Apple replace the iPhone 5 and keep the 4S (3.5" screen format and 30 pin connector)? They need to phase out the 4S and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by yohomie View Post
    As of right now, the “iPhone 5C” is rumored to replace the iPhone 5, while the iPhone 4S is rumored to live on as Apple’s new low-end option.

I don't believe this at all ... Why would Apple replace the iPhone 5 and keep the 4S (3.5" screen format and 30 pin connector)? They need to phase out the 4S and 4.
    Seems like a no brainer

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though this seems obvious sales of the cheaper phone may not be that much better than the 5S in the US. I have a funny anecdote: I have a friend who bought an iPhone 4 8GB after the 4S was out because she couldn't afford anything better, and that was on contract mind you. So I asked her if she would buy the 5C this time around. Oddly enough she said no, she wasn't interest in plastic crap and wanted to upgrade to a premium product since that was why she bought the iPhone in the first place. Yet I know for certain she can barely afford the monthly bill let alone the cheapest upfront subsidized price of any upgrade, so clearly the 5C is her only option. The point of this story is people don't use logic when making purchases. Period.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

So much speculation and analysis... For a product that doesn't even exist yet!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

quidam_brujah (08-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    So much speculation and analysis... For a product that doesn't even exist yet!
    One rumored device is rumored to be on track to hypothetically outship another rumored device. I should hypothetically buy some of that stock!

Apple is going down hill with all these ideas

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I think the 5C will sell more, simply because its gonna attract a new crowd.

The iPhone 5S won't do well, now if it had a bigger screen, that would be a different story in my opinion.
    This. It will attract lot of iPod Touch crowd too!