+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WSJ: iPhone 5S and 5C to Debut Together Next Month

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
As we get perilously close to the anticipated September 10th Apple media event, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday that September will, indeed, provide our first look at both the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default WSJ: iPhone 5S and 5C to Debut Together Next Month

As we get perilously close to the anticipated September 10th Apple media event, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday that September will, indeed, provide our first look at both the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C.

There is no new information about the devices contained in today's report, but the "confirmation" of both models being introduced next month clears up a major mystery for some. In recent weeks, speculation has loomed large that the iPhone 5C (the plastic iPhone) would be launched separately from the debut of its big brother, the iPhone 5S.

Although the WSJ report doesn't guarantee that both devices will be unveiled on September 10th, it's highly unlikely that Apple would hold two media events in one month for the same product category.

Apple's suppliers in Asia started mass-producing components in June for both a standard iPhone featuring a metal casing and a lower-cost version, people who work at those companies said.
    As of this writing, Foxconn is believed to be under orders to prepare the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C for shipments in early September.

Source: WSJ

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

This was confirmed over 48 hours ago.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing is confirmed until Apple announces it themselves. It's that simple. If, hypothetically, Samsung's LCD factories all blow up simultaneously then Apple will no doubt have a contingency and the iPad mini retina will suddenly become the iPad mini S, with updated internals and the same old screen. I'm just giving an example. Point is, nothing is certain until Apple says it is. All these unconfirmed (by the actual maker of the product, Apple) reports are just guesses, nothing more. I don't care if these people play golf with Tim Cook everyday, it doesn't mean they know what's going to happen.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

gameguy95 (08-20-2013), HovikGas (08-19-2013), quidam_brujah (08-20-2013)

EVO
    Thanks

I'm getting both!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Nothing is confirmed until Apple announces it themselves. It's that simple. If, hypothetically, Samsung's LCD factories all blow up simultaneously then Apple will no doubt have a contingency and the iPad mini retina will suddenly become the iPad mini S, with updated internals and the same old screen. I'm just giving an example. Point is, nothing is certain until Apple says it is. All these unconfirmed (by the actual maker of the product, Apple) reports are just guesses, nothing more. I don't care if these people play golf with Tim Cook everyday, it doesn't mean they know what's going to happen.
    Nobody here cares. If you looked at the past you can see rumors up until a month or so are accurate. So how about you take your inaccurate statement and leave the forum?

Thanks

So I guess the iPhone 5C is the actual iPhone mini that has been rumored all this time?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm getting none! Im still holding on my iphone4 till Crapple, bring the WoW in iphone once again...

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'm getting both!
    I'm getting none! Im still holding on my iphone4 till Crapple, bring the WoW in iphone once again...
    Last edited by DaLsim; 08-19-2013 at 08:40 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaLsim For This Useful Post:

Dphillipds (08-19-2013), gameguy95 (08-20-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    You're wrong shutup and get over it most rumors right before release are true so cry about it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post

Wow iph4? The 4S is so much faster. I gave mine to my wife when the iph5 JB came out... I always upgrade when a new JB comes out as I always fear it will be the last JB for the newest device.

Thanks

'Perilously close'

Thanks to the US subsidy system, I'm buying a new one as long as I can sell my old one for the subsidized upgrade price.
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 08-20-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks

Guess who leaks this stuff? Apple. You can only be so mysterious before people start NOT to care. Leaking a bit here and a bit there keeps us salivating. Been working since 2007 for me :]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Colwood (08-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    I'm getting both!
    Clearly you're a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post

Which will most likely be never.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why does your 1st and 3rd paragraph contradict each other??