Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
08-19-2013, 12:59 PM #1
CIRP: 20% of New iPhone Owners Defect from Android
A new study published Monday by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners indicates that 20% of all new iPhone owners today are entering the iOS ecosystem fresh from their last mobile relationship - with Android.
The aforementioned report, designed to detail how Apple and Samsung get their customers, also reveals that Android isn’t picking up nearly as many users from unsatisfied iPhone owners. In fact, just 7% of Samsung buyers most recently owned an iPhone.
The CIRP report, which was made available to Forbes on Monday, showed that 42% of Apple’s customers between July 2012 and June 2013 were upgrading from another iPhone. All told, among smartphone buyers who switched brands, Apple claimed three times as many customers from Samsung (33%) as Samsung claimed from Apple (11%)
According to CIRP's findings, Apple’s customers are generally wealthier and “better educated” than Samsung’s.
08-19-2013, 01:57 PM #2
"According to CIRP's findings, Apple’s customers are generally wealthier and “better educated” than Samsung’s." I thought that stat was hilarious haha!
08-19-2013, 02:18 PM #3
' Each survey consisted of 500 subjects who purchased a mobile phone in the preceding 90 days'
Not a very big survey
Would be interesting to see the numbers in the rest of the world
08-19-2013, 02:19 PM #4
Where's jonGarrett?!?! I'm sure he has something to say about this!
The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:
08-19-2013, 02:39 PM #5
I had to see it to believe it.
Apple is stealing customers from Google LOLSent from my iPhone 4.
08-19-2013, 02:45 PM #6
08-19-2013, 03:07 PM #7
Makes sense to me
08-19-2013, 03:16 PM #8
08-19-2013, 03:45 PM #9
Where else would they com from?
08-19-2013, 04:36 PM #10
08-19-2013, 04:47 PM #11
08-19-2013, 05:59 PM #12
That's ask well and good but honestly it's a skewed figure. Apple is the only company making Apple ios products. I want to see the rest of the figures, ie; how many left and went to HTC, lg, Motorola, etc.
08-19-2013, 07:14 PM #13
I would say the stats aren't surprising, but the real surprise here is Fortune, a reputable news source, is running with a story like this. Only four surveys conducted over a year, and each one only using 500 participants? Those numbers don't reflect anything! A survey that small is just worthless when the smartphone market is so huge and the demographics so varied. Other surveys have shown figures supporting these "findings" but they usually survey upwards of 10-20K people. Most people understand android's popularity stems from the low cost of ownership. As such one can assume a low cost iPhone (5C) would further skew these figures, with android users jumping en masse into Apple's iOS ecosystem.They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
08-19-2013, 10:01 PM #14
I do see a fair number of users who carry a big *** phone with a big *** otterbox on it with long fake nails who has no idea how to use it. Sounds about right CIRP, good finding.
08-19-2013, 10:43 PM #15
08-20-2013, 02:01 AM #16
I however went the opposite and gave up my iPhone in exchange for an S4 and love it. Not letting go of my iPad though.
08-20-2013, 07:53 AM #17
i gave up the iphone for the xperia zl. still have the ipad and will go back to apple if they come out with a 5" iphone
08-20-2013, 11:27 AM #18
But look at it the other way, 80% of new Android customers come from iPhones. So they are smarter.
08-20-2013, 04:32 PM #19
It just says 20% of new iphone users came from android. It just means the other 80% didn't . They could come from blackberry, or Nokia, or from nowhere, they just bought an iphone or from .. Well whatever. You can't make any other inference. So much for the smarter !
Last edited by twigwonderkid; 08-20-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
08-20-2013, 05:08 PM #20