+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google+ iOS App Update Tries to Consolidate the Company's Services

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Google+ iOS App Update Tries to Consolidate the Company's Services

Google recently rolled out an update to its Google+ iOS app, replacing previously integrated Messenger support with Hangouts, while adding support for the company’s Google Drive cloud storage service. The app has been updated to version 5.4.0 with its recent update, bundling Web-based services into the company’s social networking platform.

The Google Drive integration, which is also offered as a standalone app, allows Google+ users to view, edit and share photos stored in the cloud. The company’s move to replace Google+ Messenger further consolidates the company’s cross-platform Hangouts messaging platform, which currently unifies Google Talk, Messenger and the Hangout video chat service.

Existing Messenger users are given the option to download their current messaging data from Google’s Takeout archive manager.

As of right now, Google appears to be paring down its iOS offerings by bundling its various standalone apps together into a few main titles. For those of you who aren’t aware, the search company retired Google+ Local after identical features debuted in a revamped Google Maps app.

Those of you interested in downloading the 30.6 MB app can do so for free from the App Store.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Google still has a couple dozen apps in the App Store. They have more apps than most people realize they have services. Clearly they need to sharpen that paring knife of theirs.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

It now works with iOS 7 as we'll.