+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plants vs. Zombies 2 Officially Released to the Public via App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The wait is officially over for Plants vs. Zombies fans. PopCap Thursday morning released Plants vs. Zombies 2 in the iOS App Store following Wednesday's announcement that the game would
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Plants vs. Zombies 2 Officially Released to the Public via App Store

The wait is officially over for Plants vs. Zombies fans. PopCap Thursday morning released Plants vs. Zombies 2 in the iOS App Store following Wednesday's announcement that the game would be released on August 15th.

Plants vs. Zombies 2 is a free download in the App Store and offers in-app purchases as upgrades that the user can buy for real-world money. All in-app purchases are optional and the player doesn't necessarily need to buy any of them to enjoy playing the game as it sits when downloaded from the App Store for free.

Plants vs. Zombies 2 gives players all new zombies, all new plants, all new special abilities, all new animations, and more. It's safe to the say that the graphics are also more impressive than the game's predecessor.

To start playing Plants vs. Zombies 2... you can follow this App Store link to download it at no cost. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Sources: App Store

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Been playing it for about 2 weeks now. It's not as fun when you realize how long it'll actually take to advance without HAVING to spend REAL money in the game. thumbs down

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Definitely a must have!
    The first sequel was very addictive so i cant really wait to have this one i really think this will be a blast!

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's been out in Australia for a while already now. I was playing it on my iPhone at PAXAus (July 19-21). Pretty average gameplay actually.

Thanks

Hey Anthony, you might want to edit the article a little.

Picked up the game when it launched in the Australian store. Loved the gameplay and the new artwork, but after finishing the game... i realized that EA manages to fu*k up one way or another in all the best selling titles! (Dead Space 3/Dragon Age 2/Mass Effect 3... and the list keeps going)
    Everything CAN'T be unlocked with a complete playthrough (3 worlds.. with 3 stars in each level, all detours unlocked)
    You still have to buy crucial upgrades and plants with real money...
    locked Plants: imitator, jalapeno, torchwood, snow pea, power lily, squash.
    locked Upgrades: Shovel Bonus, Plant Food 5th Slot, Sun Bonus, 8th Plant Slot

This was a BIG turn off... i'd rather pay for the entire app all at once like PvZ 1 (i remember it was 4-5$ when it launched on iOS)... the sequel is a bloody rip off. I hope some one finds a "workaround" for this. No way am I gonna spend on what should have been already included in the game. I played PvZ 1 and also bought additional coins tu unlock the mini games... but keeping important upgrades and plants locked is ridiculous!! f@#gots!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I've been playing the game for a while as well but I am in the US. From what I have read there are different versions in different countries. For example the one in China is a lot harder to beat without actually buying something.

I do like the game so far, Don't like the fact that it's freemium based thought.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hope its compatable with iOS 5. I don't want to pwn dfu mode to get 6.1.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Been playing it for about 2 weeks now. It's not as fun when you realize how long it'll actually take to advance without HAVING to spend REAL money in the game. thumbs down
    How does it compare to the original plants vs zombies?

iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a lot of fun? The new plants are a welcomed edition.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

$3.99 for Snow Pea?!?!! Are you kidding me?!?!! EA if you want to make big bucks, stick to publishing console gaming titles... stop trying to milk the mobile gaming platform dry with your greed!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it a lot of fun? You seem to question yourself there

Thanks

Their not getting my money for some damn plant !
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-15-2013 at 10:31 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

+1. Not sure if game syn scores R started over?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I've almost completed the entire game WITHOUT paying a single cent.
    You do not need to pay any money whatsoever so play, enjoy and complete this game.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I've almost completed the entire game WITHOUT paying a single cent.
    You do not need to pay any money whatsoever so play, enjoy and complete this game.
    In one day you've almost completed the entire game? Such a life you live lulz