Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purported iPhone 5S Part Leak Points Toward Redesigned Home Button

Thanks

Default Purported iPhone 5S Part Leak Points Toward Redesigned Home Button

A new part claimed to be the rear panel for Apple’s anticipated “iPhone 5S” shows an external design largely unchanged from the iPhone 5 but a number of internal changes, including a modified home button that could potentially accommodate the rumored embedded fingerprint sensor. In the recent component leak published by Nowhereelse.fr, changes made to the area around the home button are readily apparent when compared side-by-side with the iPhone 5 back panel. In particular, the metal spacer cushion that supports the home button features a new look.

The picture also shows tweaks to the space where the camera would be located, as well as different screw placement along the back of the device. The tweaked space for the home button is of particular interest though as Apple is rumored to include a fingerprint sensor in the component of its next-generation flagship iPhone. The feature is expected to be driven by the technology that Apple acquired from AuthenTec.

In order to fit the fingerprint sensor inside the home button, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims that the part will now be convex instead of concave, allowing for more space. Kuo also indicated that the home button will be made out of sapphire due to being scratch resistant. There were even references to a fingerprint scanner embedded within an iPhone home button discovered in a pre-release beta of Apple’s iOS 7. A folder found within the test software made references to a “Biometric Kit,” while another string of code describes a user touching the home button with their thumb as a status image appears on the iOS device’s screen.

As far as the camera changes go, they could hint at an improved LED flash component that Apple is expected to include in its next-gen handset. Unfortunately the metal back component doesn’t include the glass panels for the top and bottom of the device. A separate leak published earlier in the week does show the part, revealing the pill-shaped space for where Apple is expected to include a dual LED flash for superior photos in low-light scenarios.

We’ll have to wait until more concrete info is released by Apple.

Source: Nowhereelse.fr

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

......mm

Thanks

They just shaved the corner off to save weight that's all, lol.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 741 Posts

Be a nice option to have to just use your thumb or finger print to login instead of using the 4 digit passcode. Also for making iTunes and in-app purchases. Kids would have to get their parents finger print to make a purchase. Also making the parent see what the kid is playing or doing on the device.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

nfsonofgod (08-15-2013)

yawn..

Default These changes are barely noticeable
    The changes are barely noticeable i just hope that these modifications will give some positive output and functions.

Now when they steal you phone they cut your thumbs off also.

Thanks

We'll all see it Sept 10th..speculation is nice but we are almost at the finish line.

What happens when you leave the phone behind at a restaurant, and someone want to try to help you out by calling "home" or something like that? Or another situation arises when you are injured, someone wants to use your phone to call for help. Sorry, your fingerprint scanner just cost you a phone/emergency assistance.

I'm guessing they have thought of these types of things in their design, and I guess it is no different from someone who uses a passcode on their phone, but I just don't get it. I have certain apps that have passcodes, but for the other situations, I take my chances without.

Just my 2cents.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Be a nice option to have to just use your thumb or finger print to login instead of using the 4 digit passcode. Also for making iTunes and in-app purchases. Kids would have to get their parents finger print to make a purchase. Also making the parent see what the kid is playing or doing on the device.
    good idea to have thumb or finger print as login pass but what if you mess up your finger print ? borrow someone's phone to make a call ?
    LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    good idea to have thumb or finger print as login pass but what if you mess up your finger print ? borrow someone's phone to make a call ?
    LOL
    My wife's uncle doesn't have any finger prints. He works as a contractor and between construction and using chemicals they are almost completely gone. He had to get finger prints taken for a job, 5 people tried and they only got two partials.

Laptops had finger print scanners years ago. Don't see those anymore. Personally I would love to see the scanner built into the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy View Post
    Or another situation arises when you are injured, someone wants to use your phone to call for help. Sorry, your fingerprint scanner just cost you a phone/emergency assistance.
    You can make emergency calls without unlocking the phone now.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 08-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.