+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst Predictions for the Future of the Apple Product Pipeline

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Analyst Predictions for the Future of the Apple Product Pipeline

In a research note which was recently issued to investors, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster predicts that Apple may scale back iOS 7 on a rumored low-cost iPhone, possibly withholding the feature set by deactivating Siri on the device. Munster took the chance to update investors on his Apple product pipeline predictions for the rest of the year and into 2014.

The analyst’s expectations for the next-generation iPhone that many have dubbed as the “iPhone 5S,” seem to be in line with several rumors and speculations that are afloat. Aside from incorporating a fingerprint sensor into the home button, which Munster believes will be limited to user authentication, the 5S will feature the usual “S-series” component upgrades including processor performance, extended battery life, more memory along with a few other specification improvements.

Although his outlook on the iPhone 5S are in line with the anticipated rumors, Munster’s thoughts on the rumored less-expensive “iPhone 5C” are a bit unconventional. Like others, he predicts that the iPhone 5C will have a plastic casing, 4-inch display and slightly lower-end internal components when compared to the iPhone 5S. However, the analyst believes that Apple will exclude software features when the handset launches, with Siri being one of the exclusions. He continues to state that the low-end handset offering is a move that “makes sense” for the company with the contingency that the company discontinues the iPhone 4S product line to change the pipeline.

Last but not least, Munster agrees with the September iPhone event rumor and sees October as a likely timeframe for both the iPhones along with a new iPad and iPad mini. He continues on further to mention that Apple might debut a new TV product before the end of 2013 as well with the rumors of a larger-screened iPhone and the much-rumored “iWatch” to be released by mid-2014.

We’ll have to see how much of this speculation turns out to be true and how much it remains a rumor in time.

Source: Piper Jaffray via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Deactivating Siri....like anyone uses it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default lots of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Deactivating Siri....like anyone uses it!
    Lots of people use siri. Especially when you're driving. If you haven't noticed... every other brand has come up with a voice assistant after apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Dont deactivate it
    Aw why deactivate such a useful stuff i often use siri when navigating through the roads its very useful i hope they will rethink this through..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    Lots of people use siri. Especially when you're driving. If you haven't noticed... every other brand has come up with a voice assistant after apple.
    Thats just be because people like to copy apple.

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    **** siri
    Thats not very nice

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have a friend that is blind and Siri has been most helpful to her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (08-13-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly think Siri is completely useless and overrated. It just never works properly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This dood's "predictions" have been what's been speculated by anyone that's been paying attention to Apple Inc. this past year. Sh*t, in the course of the last few months, the local newspaper has covered nearly everything Nostradumbass has mentioned here.
    Last edited by severe; 08-13-2013 at 06:08 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple should just drop Siri and suck Google d*ck by replacing it with Google Voice Search (which actually works) systemwide. I like the idea of an i-5Cheap, but not as much as the idea of an i-5inchScreen. The other useful thing to come of this article is the update on the iMini release date ... DESPERATELY hoping they'll release a mesmerising hi-res update .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 912 Posts

If Siri is excluded from the so-called 5C then people will have to buy the 5S for that feature. Pretty simple

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    If Siri is excluded from the so-called 5C then people will have to buy the 5S for that feature. Pretty simple
    That would be like Porsche announcing that the new 911-C will be just £10,000 - but for £50,000 you can have one with a digger-arm on the front.
    LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Download google voice I guess?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbaba For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (08-13-2013)

Thanks

I rarely use Siri as she does more harm than good. Sure while im driving i've used Siri but failed miserably. She always adds a word or like spell check inserts something different. Then I have to pull over and just type it anyway. Other devices added voice assistant to compete not because its used. I can count on both hands how many times i've used it and not go over. Great idea but still needs work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a hard time believing they would cut out Siri... they have Siri on the latest iPod touch for Christ's sake. Is this new C device really going to be that slow?!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,332 Times in 726 Posts

Why not evict Siri that was the main reason everyone got the 4s. Why couldn't they do it again with this phone

Banned
    Thanks

Apple WEREN'T the first. Google(Android) had their voice assistant before Siri came out AND Siri WASN'T Apples idea. Siri was made by someone else and Apple brought the company and killed off the Siri app which worked on ALL iPhones. It even worked on the iPhone 1.

And I had Siri on my iPhone 4 and used it all the time. It was great in the car. Now I got an S4 and still using the Voice Assistant all the time. Its even better now as I can turn things on and off just by speaking. I've never touched the phone when an alarm goes off, I just say "Stop" and the alarm stops. Something Siri doesn't do and should as its an awesome feature.

So they are going to release an iPhone without Siri. So they are re-releasing the iPhone4. Tell me how thats a good idea?
    People dont want their devices limited thats why we need jailbreaking. To give the device features it should have. I've seen they are releasing features in IOS7 on the iPad4 but not in the iPad3. Now WHY are they doing that?

Thanks

I hope this analyst isn't a paid one, because all he's doing is regurgitating the same stuff we've been hearing for a while. And the last couple iPhones have had October releases, it shouldn't take an analyst to speculate what the sep 10 event will entail.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I honestly think Siri is completely useless and overrated. It just never works properly.
    Who said, even windows add using siri...
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 08-13-2013 at 12:36 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Apple WEREN'T the first. Google(Android) had their voice assistant before Siri came out AND Siri WASN'T Apples idea. Siri was made by someone else and Apple brought the company and killed off the Siri app which worked on ALL iPhones. It even worked on the iPhone 1.

And I had Siri on my iPhone 4 and used it all the time. It was great in the car. Now I got an S4 and still using the Voice Assistant all the time. Its even better now as I can turn things on and off just by speaking. I've never touched the phone when an alarm goes off, I just say "Stop" and the alarm stops. Something Siri doesn't do and should as its an awesome feature.

So they are going to release an iPhone without Siri. So they are re-releasing the iPhone4. Tell me how thats a good idea?
    People dont want their devices limited thats why we need jailbreaking. To give the device features it should have. I've seen they are releasing features in IOS7 on the iPad4 but not in the iPad3. Now WHY are they doing that?
    Hey... at least we get updates without the need to buy a new item. It's rare that an android update comes out for older devices. I don't get why.

Banned
    Thanks

really?

apple did not invent Siri, it was an app in the app store before they bought it, pulled it and "revolutionized" it. AND Google has had a voice assistant application called ‘Voice Actions’ since August 2010.

Google has been at it longer than apple, that's why Google Now is superior to siri, it also gives you information without you having to specifically ask for it. I'm sure you'll disagree but there are plenty, and I mean plenty of YouTube videos and blogs that support this.